The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   So Biden is in office and COVID is still here.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126476)

C3C7NIC 07-31-2021 6:09pm

So Biden is in office and COVID is still here....

What say you now?

Those that were claiming as soon as the election was over and if Biden won that COVID would magically disappear?

:popcorns::popcorns::popcorns::popcorns:

Louie Detroit 07-31-2021 6:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1901460)
What say you now?

Those that were claiming as soon as the election was over and if Biden won that COVID would magically disappear?

Trumps fault

Murray 07-31-2021 6:19pm

Quote:

What say you now?

The people that believed that will tell you a perfectly good reason why….. because that’s now what they believe in.

And when that doesn’t work, another reason (that they believe in) will come up.

VatorMan 07-31-2021 6:43pm

Quote:

What say you now?

It’s being kept around because it’s handy. Something not going your way, masks on and lock down. Mark my word, lock down a month before mid year elections.

DAB 07-31-2021 6:49pm

per Joe yesterday: "we were doing great, and that Delta house variant popped up from India, and now everything's changed. sorry folks, America is closed"

but you ask, "how deadly is this variant compared to the original crispy one?"

look you, stop asking so many questions, it's contagious, that's all you need to know.

will it make me sick to the point of death?

agents!!! get him!!!

Aerovette 07-31-2021 6:50pm

I didn't consider that it would be a long play. I was thinking it was a short game strategy and the country would be "saved" by Biden. I didn't ever consider that the intention was not to get rid of Trump, but to bring down the entire nation. I was naive.

JRD77VET 07-31-2021 6:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1901471)
I didn't consider that it would be a long play. I was thinking it was a short game strategy and the country would be "saved" by Biden. I didn't ever consider that the intention was not to get rid of Trump, but to bring down the entire nation. I was naive.

:iagree:

Basically make the majority of the citizens rely on the Govt. Then you can force whatever draconian measures you want down their throats as they are at your mercy.

Anjdog2003 07-31-2021 6:55pm

Quote:

What say you now?

The only thing he can run on and stay relevant because he has no plans for anything else.

Mike Mercury 07-31-2021 6:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray (Post 1901466)
The people that believed that will tell you a perfectly good reason why….. because that’s now what they believe in.

And when that doesn’t work, another reason (that they believe in) will come up.

AKA... cult

Anjdog2003 07-31-2021 6:57pm

Quote:

What say you now?

People will always get the FLU 12 month out of the year like they have done for the last 5,000 years. The only difference now is it's called Covid, the flu no longer exist.

Murray 07-31-2021 7:27pm

Quote:

What say you now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1901468)
It’s being kept around because it’s handy. Something not going your way, masks on and lock down. Mark my word, lock down a month before mid year elections.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1901470)
per Joe yesterday: "we were doing great, and that Delta house variant popped up from India, and now everything's changed. sorry folks, America is closed"

but you ask, "how deadly is this variant compared to the original crispy one?"

look you, stop asking so many questions, it's contagious, that's all you need to know.

will it make me sick to the point of death?

agents!!! get him!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1901471)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1901472)
:iagree:

Basically make the majority of the citizens rely on the Govt. Then you can force whatever draconian measures you want down their throats as they are at your mercy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1901473)
The only thing he can run on and stay relevant because he has no plans for anything else.

Wow ….did I nail it :yesnod:

Steve_R 07-31-2021 7:45pm

COVID, like the flu, HIV and many other viruses, will be with us for a long time, if not forever.

JRD77VET 07-31-2021 8:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray (Post 1901483)
Wow ….did I nail it :yesnod:

You're being played like a marionette by the demonrats :yesnod:

Dan47 07-31-2021 9:23pm

It being a financial / monetary problem checks all the boxes. The folks in charge have been flooding the world’s economy with currency to keep things greased until they can introduce something new for the current dollar based system.

Doesn’t mean it’s going to work but fear over this nothing burger virus is misplaced. Folks need to be worried about the inflation tax and / or, the welfare zombies dependent on fixed income purchasing power. :)

Dan47 07-31-2021 9:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1901494)
You're being played like a marionette by the demonrats :yesnod:

He suffers from Hypochondria and is incapable of being reasoned with. :sadangel:

Cool 50th AE 07-31-2021 9:31pm

Covid was about controlling the global populace.

Had nothing to do with Trump.

*Edit
I am wrong.
It would never had been introduced in 2019 if Trump didn’t threaten the new world order.

C3C7NIC 07-31-2021 9:36pm

Just curious what those that were swearing once the the election was over COVID would "POOF" be gone would have to say now.

My opinion is that this virus is non political, now, are BOTH sides twisting it to their advantage.... HELL yes.

All I know is that things were looking much better, my ICU was getting back to normal. I was REALLY thinking we were on the way to being DONE with this FUGGIN virus. Now we are adding at least 2 per day since July 28th. And yes, sorry to say, those admitted are all UNVAXED. Even a good friend of mine that has been a staunch anti COVID vaccine guy, lost his Mom today and his sister is in ICU still.

The patients I am currently seeing are much younger. Seeing teen and 20 something yr olds that have major tachycardia, shortness of breath and high fever, when before most of my + COVIDs in this age range barely had a runny nose or ZERO symptoms.

I have no way of knowing if this is the Delta strain, but praying that this is not going to start hitting our kids hard. As most of you probably understand, strains are listed in order of the Greek alphabet as they are Identified. Strains can be weaker or stronger and vary in the way they affect the body.

NOT that this is the flu, but to compare, like with influenza, some years it is not that bad and some years it gets nasty (H1N1 swine flu).

No political opinions from me, I just pray daily that things don't get bad again. :chainsaw:

Dan47 07-31-2021 9:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1901507)
Just curious what those that were swearing once the the election was over COVID would "POOF" be gone would have to say now.

My opinion is that this virus is non political, now, are BOTH sides twisting it to their advantage.... HELL yes.

All I know is that things were looking much better, my ICU was getting back to normal. I was REALLY thinking we were on the way to being DONE with this FUGGIN virus. Now we are adding at least 2 per day since July 28th. And yes, sorry to say, those admitted are all UNVAXED. Even a good friend of mine that has been a staunch anti COVID vaccine guy, lost his Mom today and his sister is in ICU still.

The patients I am currently seeing are much younger. Seeing teen and 20 something yr olds that have major tachycardia, shortness of breath and high fever, when before most of my + COVIDs in this age range barely had a runny nose or ZERO symptoms.

I have no way of knowing if this is the Delta strain, but praying that this is not going to start hitting our kids hard. As most of you probably understand, strains are listed in order of the Greek alphabet as they are Identified. Strains can be weaker or stronger and vary in the way they affect the body.

NOT that this is the flu, but to compare, like with influenza, some years it is not that bad and some years it gets nasty (H1N1 swine flu).

No political opinions from me, I just pray daily that things don't get bad again. :chainsaw:

Do your patients have any comorbid conditions such as obesity?

ratflinger 07-31-2021 10:03pm

Quote:

Well if you are staying non-political in this then I will happily listen to your opinions. Right now there is virtually zero credibility with .gov, CDC, News, etc.
How many vaxxed people are you seeing? The people in your ICU - are they waiting until to late to see a Dr or what?

BayouCountry 07-31-2021 10:21pm

Quote:

Thanks for the straight forward first hand information. I pay attention to what’s happening at local hospitals to keep up to date on COVID.

Although entertaining, the back and forth posts here and over there tells me nothing. I don’t trust government sources or speculation from people who twist information to achieve a predetermined narrative.

Busing unvaccinated illegal aliens all over the Country during a pandemic kills any trust I have in government health officials. Why aren’t these so-called health officials screaming about this on every news outlet? Because they are political first and health officials last.