The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Live music! It has been a while! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118690)

Brett K 02-17-2019 1:28pm

Live music! It has been a while!

My wife and I haven’t been to a concert in a few years since seeing Jonny Lang at a local theater. We went to a the Sellersville Theater about an hour away last night. We were trying to check out Tommy Emmanuel but he sold out quick. We ended up seeing Martin Sexton. My wife and her friend are fans of his music. I forgot how great it is seeing live music in a small venue instead of sitting 100 rows back. Not to mention craft beer and a good meal there too!

So Snake, when are you coming to PA to perform?

thecornerman 02-17-2019 1:33pm

Always a good time
My wife and I saw David Lee Roth in a small venue here in G.R. Mich, the orbit room (closed now) what a good show it was

04 commemorative 02-17-2019 3:30pm

Snake, check out the Newton theater in NJ too......you'll sell it out and I would love to see you !

Dan Dlabay 02-17-2019 3:34pm

We saw BB King at his restaurant BB King's House of Blues Restaurant and Club in Memphis in 2004. Good ribs, bake beans cold beer and good music. Back in the in 78 and 79 I saw Alabama at a local country night club. In 82 saw Alabama at Hara Arena after Mountain Music came out.:cert:

Brett K 02-17-2019 4:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1659438)
We saw BB King at his restaurant BB King's House of Blues Restaurant and Club in Memphis in 2004. Good ribs, bake beans cold beer and good music. Back in the in 78 and 79 I saw Alabama at a local country night club. In 82 saw Alabama at Hara Arena after Mountain Music came out.:cert:

We saw him 3 times. Every time he was coming to town, we thought this might be our last chance, so we would go.

JRD77VET 02-17-2019 7:35pm

The Sellersville Theatre is about 1.5 miles from where I work. The Washington House Restaurant down the hill from the theatre has good food too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My former coworker Ken used to be an usher at the Sellersville Theatre before he moved. Most everybody that came there were decent people. ( he did admit that some singers were "part their prime" )

The one he complained about every single time he came was Rich Little. He was described as an arrogant dickhead. Very strict "no picture" policy too.

Thomas Dolby ( blindly by science ) played there a few times and had one of the first Tesla's . He told Kenny to take it for a quick ride. He made sure each of his shows were within battery range too :lol:

Brett K 02-17-2019 7:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1659460)
The Sellersville Theatre is about 1.5 miles from where I work. The Washington House Restaurant down the hill from the theatre has good food too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My former coworker Ken used to be an usher at the Sellersville Theatre before he moved. Most everybody that came there were decent people. ( he did admit that some singers were "part their prime" )

The one he complained about every single time he came was Rich Little. He was described as an arrogant dickhead. Very strict "no picture" policy too.

Thomas Dolby ( blindly by science ) played there a few times and had one of the first Tesla's . He told Kenny to take it for a quick ride. He made sure each of his shows were within battery range too :lol:

That is where we had dinner!

JRD77VET 02-17-2019 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett K (Post 1659462)
That is where we had dinner!

There is a local diner that serves really good hand made meals just up the road from the theatre.

If you leave the theatre and go down the hill towards the Washington House, turn LEFT at the light. Stay on that road and it's about 2 miles on the left side.

https://royanndiner.com/

First friday of the month they make snapper soup and it's outstanding :drool:

Wathen1955 02-18-2019 10:24pm

Johnny Lang. Such a great talent at only 16 yrs old.