The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This week on Instagram... 7/10/2018 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116688)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:35pm

This week on Instagram... 7/10/2018

8 Attachment(s)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:37pm

8 Attachment(s)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:40pm

10 Attachment(s)
‘’’

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:44pm

10 Attachment(s)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:47pm

10 Attachment(s)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:49pm

10 Attachment(s)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-10-2018 11:50pm

4 Attachment(s)

MrPeabody 07-11-2018 1:08am

:rofl::rofl:

Sea Six 07-11-2018 1:17am

Sounds like someone's sandwich needs a mesh

Black94lt1 07-11-2018 2:20am

Frown all day, lose weight, get ripped :rofl:

snide 07-11-2018 8:05am

:funny::funny:

Jeff '79 07-11-2018 8:38am

:laugh: I love those....:lol:

mrvette 07-11-2018 10:45am

Nice collection, good show kid.....

Cybercowboy 07-11-2018 12:10pm

The "just graduated and bought a house" thing does happen and you can be completely broke. I'll tell you how. Become a doctor. That's what my dad's wife did. They were pretty much broke when she graduated. Dad was semi-retired (yeah, she's younger) and she went to med school in her mid-40's. When she graduated Dad thought they could move into a slightly bigger place and mentioned that to someone he golfed with. Didn't know he was a loan officer at a local bank. The guy said "Just come on down and we'll fix you up." So they went down there and Dad and Bon asked how much they could get for a loan because they really wanted to build a place sorta out in the country. "Oh, just pick out what you want and the lot and let us know." Huh? Really? "Yeah, anything up to $800,000 is fine." LOL

Jeff '79 07-11-2018 12:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1636056)
The "just graduated and bought a house" thing does happen and you can be completely broke. I'll tell you how. Become a doctor. That's what my dad's wife did. They were pretty much broke when she graduated. Dad was semi-retired (yeah, she's younger) and she went to med school in her mid-40's. When she graduated Dad thought they could move into a slightly bigger place and mentioned that to someone he golfed with. Didn't know he was a loan officer at a local bank. The guy said "Just come on down and we'll fix you up." So they went down there and Dad and Bon asked how much they could get for a loan because they really wanted to build a place sorta out in the country. "Oh, just pick out what you want and the lot and let us know." Huh? Really? "Yeah, anything up to $800,000 is fine." LOL

Ya, even new doctors, have unlimited credit. They are a good risk as far as banks are concerned. Probably one of the best out there, along with wall street guys and very successful business owners .
The story you tell happens all the time with doctors.

snide 07-11-2018 1:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1636057)
Ya, even new doctors, have unlimited credit. They are a good risk as far as banks are concerned. Probably one of the best out there, along with wall street guys and very successful business owners .

A friend of mine went to med school, racked up huge amounts of debt, and graduated. He had picked a specialty that did not attract a lot of other students. After graduation, he was offered a job at a hospital, and part of the compensation package was that his debt was paid off.

Sea Six 07-11-2018 1:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1636064)
A friend of mine went to med school, racked up huge amounts of debt, and graduated. He had picked a specialty that did not attract a lot of other students. After graduation, he was offered a job at a hospital, and part of the compensation package was that his debt was paid off.

Wow! What was his specialty?

snide 07-11-2018 1:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1636066)
Wow! What was his specialty?

something oncology something

Jeff '79 07-11-2018 1:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1636064)

Yes, that is part of a lot of compensation packages.
Some people just don't understand the amount of money that a doctor can make, no matter what specialty they go into, and the compensation packages that can be negotiated. Doctors make bank.
If they want you, and want to keep you, .... Well you know. Think NFL. It really is a lot like how the NFL players are paid, when first starting out, and even down the road.
My cousin's husband, a Cornell MD grad, was offered a great salary, total student loan pay-off, and "help" with buying a house that looked like TARA in Gone with the Wind, ( Before the north got there) :D
What help that was, I don't exactly know.
The only thing was, they had to move to Tennessee.
He did. :yesnod:
He is a heart surgeon.

Cybercowboy 07-11-2018 2:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1636057)

Exactly. People ask why she decided to go to med school to become a radiologist so late in life. Well, she already had a career as an electrical engineer, and also had a degree in accounting. So she decided "Huh, wonder how hard it would be to do doctor stuff?" Took the MCAT, scored 2nd highest in the nation. :lol:

So she just ran with that.