The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   It has begun (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120687)

69camfrk 11-24-2019 2:20pm

It has begun

The depressing Christmas music at my house. It was cool when I was a kid, but now, all the people that were special to me then, are all dead.:sadangel: Can't say I'm a fan of Christmas music anymore.

Norm 11-24-2019 2:31pm

The Xmas creep gets here earlier and earlier. Already too much on TV, cable, radio, papers........

Rodnok1 11-24-2019 2:44pm

Local station I usually listen to started with the Christmas music on Nov 1st..WTF.
My mom's dad died around the holidays and she was never much on music or decorating.

For me yes it brings some sad remembrances but I also remember the good times and that people are a little nicer to each other even if it's for one day a year.

Bill 11-24-2019 6:53pm

The only Christmas music I really enjoy, besides liturgical music in a church setting, is the Charlie Brown Christmas music. That is my favorite childhood memory of Christmas, my parents and i watching the show each year.

NEED-A-VETTE 11-24-2019 7:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1687865)
The depressing Christmas music at my house. It was cool when I was a kid, but now, all the people that were special to me then, are all dead.:sadangel: Can't say I'm a fan of Christmas music anymore.

You could take the opposite position and smile because of the memories you shared around that music. :angel:

SnikPlosskin 11-24-2019 7:37pm

Y’all need to scope out this. Https://austinbluexmas.com

Tell me if that helps.

JRD77VET 11-24-2019 7:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1687879)
The only Christmas music I really enjoy, besides liturgical music in a church setting, is the Charlie Brown Christmas music. That is my favorite childhood memory of Christmas, my parents and i watching the show each year.

boracayjohnny 11-24-2019 10:38pm

In the Philippines, Christmas music starts around the first of September. Why? I have no fukking idea.

MEANZ06 11-24-2019 10:51pm

For a few years after my girls where adults and before grandkids I was "Humbug" but now I embrace it wholeheartedly with my grandkids! :seasix:

Olustee bus 11-25-2019 5:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1687882)
Y’all need to scope out this. Https://austinbluexmas.com

Tell me if that helps.

That would be a NO!

Olustee bus 11-25-2019 5:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1687901)
In the Philippines, Christmas music starts around the first of September. Why? I have no fukking idea.

I guess just part of that wonderful Philippine Culture. Seriously.

Olustee bus 11-25-2019 5:48am

I don't know when it happened or exactly why but it is very depressing to me. the whole holiday thing is. And as a child, I had wonderful Christmas.

I hear it on radio and I immediately start searching.

My wife is Ms. Christmas though. I go along with it with her.

69camfrk 11-25-2019 5:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1687880)
You could take the opposite position and smile because of the memories you shared around that music. :angel:

True, but even in 2016, I had to spend 26-30 December emptying out my mom's house in the freezing cold into a Ryder truck and bringing to Ga. My father, then my stepfather (with whom I was very close), then my Mom all died in the fall ,and made for unpleasant holidays. Sept, Nov. and Oct in order of deaths. Nope...hate the holidays. I guess it is something I can't get past at this point in my life.

BADRACR1 11-25-2019 6:34pm

Ya know, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to hear it for two freakin' months.:slap:

But it isn't the same since I lost my parents. Plus Rita's Dad passed Christmas Day, 2017. The grandkids do make it better.

Aerovette 11-27-2019 3:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1687901)

Transit time. Gifts arriving by ship probably leave the US around September. :lol:

MrPeabody 11-27-2019 4:29pm

Try working in the retail business for one Christmas season. Christmas will never be the same again. And not in a good way.

I worked in a large drug store one Christmas. I managed the Nursery, which was a pretty cool job at 19 years old. When Christmas came around, since that was a slow time for selling plants, lots of the seasonal Christmas goods were put out in the Nursery. Especially the larger items like bicycles, fake trees, wagons, etc. If you think it's a pain in the ass to put a bicycle together on Christmas eve, imagine having to assemble one of everything the store sold and decorate 25 fake trees.