The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Kolledge admissions krap.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119096)

mrvette 04-08-2019 7:19pm

Kolledge admissions krap....

I think the folks shelling out the bux should get X amount of time/fines/etc.....BUT

the folks working at the kolledges that took the bribes....should do 3X the same penalty.....

:shots::issues:

StaticCling 04-08-2019 7:36pm

To be honest, none of this really came as a surprise to me. I figured rich parents paying mountains of cash to get their kids into prestigious schools was standard operating procedure. :island14:

At any rate, I believe they were paying the money to specialized "brokers" so it seems pretty obvious the school administrators and admissions people had to have been aware of this.

mrvette 04-09-2019 3:01am

That 'broker' in the middle there, arranging the deals, I suspect he is just the tip of the iceberg......gotta be at least another hundred doing the same thing.....

I dunno I ever typed anything here or not about this subject, but many years ago, when I was 13 or so, Dad refused to pay off some senator on the hill to get his health insurance plan approved for enrollment at the dept. of interior.....came home really pissed one night and was telling Mom about it, I turned down the volume on the TV so to hear what was about, thought I had screwed up again......:slap:......

SO, upon not doing well at Univ/Md. Business/Public Admin. screwal, there was a meeting between the dean and some prof who flunked me, and Dad/me on the customer side of the counter......at one point I was asked to leave the discussion, I made no big thought about it for decades, until NOW, bet odds they had their hands out, and Dad would have told them to go to hell in a nanosecond......same as that clown on the Hill......

:issues:

Black94lt1 04-09-2019 3:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1665713)
To be honest, none of this really came as a surprise to me. I figured rich parents paying mountains of cash to get their kids into prestigious schools was standard operating procedure. :island14:

At any rate, I believe they were paying the money to specialized "brokers" so it seems pretty obvious the school administrators and admissions people had to have been aware of this.

Me too, I always assumed that big donors die it partly to ensure admission of relatives

Mike Mercury 04-09-2019 7:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1665713)
To be honest, none of this really came as a surprise to me.

my surprise was that law enforcement was even looking in to this.

Will 04-09-2019 7:30am

The people who are in legal trouble are guilty of being rich, but not rich enough.

I don't fault these parents AT ALL. The system is a giant joke and a scam, and If I had Hollywood actor money, I'd buy my kids into a prestige diploma mill too.

Jared Kushner's way was bought into an elite university. But his father isn't guilty of not being rich enough. So no problem. Those actresses were merely 1%ers, which are the filthy poors of the rich. You gotta be a .01%er to live above the law.