The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Repetition..? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2960)

1TZSLO 05-26-2010 2:03pm

Repetition..?

Obama's border plan looks similar to Bush's - Yahoo! News

BuckyThreadkiller 05-26-2010 2:40pm

Bush's "work" on the border was worthless. If Obama is following that plan, it's going to be a cluster.

Z06PDQ 05-26-2010 2:54pm

[typical Righty] "Obama wants to bring in as many as he can & legalize them so he can make voters out of them." [Typical Righty] :seeya:

BuckyThreadkiller 05-26-2010 3:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 36928)
[typical Righty] "Obama wants to bring in as many as he can & legalize them so he can make voters out of them." [Typical Righty] :seeya:

So why isn't he doing something larger about this fairly serious problem?

Z06PDQ 05-26-2010 3:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 36949)
So why isn't he doing something larger about this fairly serious problem?

I don't know. so far, I haven't heard him say "they're just doing the jobs Americans won't do"....you know....like W said? http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...ourborders.jpg

1TZSLO 05-26-2010 4:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 36950)
I don't know. so far, I haven't heard him say "they're just doing the jobs Americans won't do"....you know....like W said? http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...ourborders.jpg

At least he spoke the truth.

And you see now that Obama is doing the same thing as Bush. Cept he words it differently and makes it sound good.

Z06PDQ 05-26-2010 4:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1TZSLO (Post 36956)
At least he spoke the truth.

And you see now that Obama is doing the same thing as Bush. Cept he words it differently and makes it sound good.

it doesn't have to be "the truth." we have millions of unemployed Americans that would love to have any kind of job. I believe in helping those less fortunate than us, but we need those jobs. if the people paying those sub standard wages don't like it they can mow their own yards, pick their own crops or go the **** out of business. we've had downward pressure on American wages for too long.

1TZSLO 05-26-2010 5:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 36959)
it doesn't have to be "the truth." we have millions of unemployed Americans that would love to have any kind of job. I believe in helping those less fortunate than us, but we need those jobs. if the people paying those sub standard wages don't like it they can mow their own yards, pick their own crops or go the **** out of business. we've had downward pressure on American wages for too long.

You are partially correct.
1- 8/10 of those I bet won't do manual labor.

2- Some Americans are just SOL, they are jobless in a community that just doesn't have jobs to offer even seasonal ones.

3- It would be nice to say thats not the truth. but until the jobless people start filling those roles it will always be just that. Money is money if you aint got a job any money will do. But the US has become Lazy.

Z06PDQ 05-26-2010 6:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1TZSLO (Post 36968)
You are partially correct.
1- 8/10 of those I bet won't do manual labor.

2- Some Americans are just SOL, they are jobless in a community that just doesn't have jobs to offer even seasonal ones.

3- It would be nice to say thats not the truth. but until the jobless people start filling those roles it will always be just that. Money is money if you aint got a job any money will do. But the US has become Lazy.

I'm not your "bleeding heart Lib" in the classic misconception of the term. I believe if someone is down & out the government should help them get on their feet. if they have no skills, they should be trained. if they won't be trained & they won't work, let their families take care of them. if they are placed in a job & they have to relocate to another state, so be it. tuff tiddy. that happens regularly in my industry.

1TZSLO 05-26-2010 6:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 36970)
I'm not your "bleeding heart Lib" in the classic misconception of the term. I believe if someone is down & out the government should help them get on their feet. if they have no skills, they should be trained. if they won't be trained & they won't work, let their families take care of them. if they are placed in a job & they have to relocate to another state, so be it. tuff tiddy. that happens regularly in my industry.

Reminds me of my cousin, who is a POS but they quit paying him unemployment and said they would pay for him to go to school which would have been 30miles away.
First thing I thought was how the hell will that help if he doesn't have gas money to get there? The thought was nice, but I honestly don't think the government should have to be a default back up to help you because you chose a poor career field or industry to work in. WAIT they all ready do that its called WELFARE!

BuckyThreadkiller 05-26-2010 8:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 36950)

Got nothing constructive, eh?

Bush's response to the problem was idiotic. I guess Obama's is too.

Z06PDQ 05-26-2010 8:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 36986)
Got nothing constructive, eh?

Bush's response to the problem was idiotic. I guess Obama's is too.

maybe he'll make it lawful in all states to lawfully stop,interrogate & jail anyone with brown skin thereby pissing all over our constitution. :cheers: