The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   [Political] So I was having a conversation today............................ (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123425)

z06psi 08-20-2020 12:37pm

[Political] So I was having a conversation today............................

with two adult voters.

Both said they were more concerned with the sideshow that is Donald J. Trump's personality than any law, policy, or executive order signed by him.

YHGTBFKM.

Feelings will make this country fail.

It's not "the meek that shall inherit the earth" but "the weak will inherit this country".

That is all.

kvozel 08-20-2020 12:39pm

I am definitely worried about the uninformed, uneducated minions.

Dan Dlabay 08-20-2020 12:44pm

TRUMP 2020

z06psi 08-20-2020 12:46pm

DJT will be gone one day but the laws he signs and even the EOs he signs can stay around for a long, long time.

People are so emotional and short sighted. Others are just outright stupid.

Datawiz 08-20-2020 12:50pm

One thing I wonder how much he's thought through is when the time comes that he is no longer President, he's going to have a MASSIVE target on his back. You think his tax returns will stay hidden then? People, LOTS OF PEOPLE, will be out for revenge.

Regardless, carry on, TRUMP 2020.

Sea Six 08-20-2020 1:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1798253)
DJT will be gone one day but the laws he signs and even the EOs he signs can stay around for a long, long time.

People are so emotional and short sighted. Others are just outright stupid.

More important than anything else is his impressive stacking of the federal courts with conservative justices. The effects will be felt for the next 25 years or even longer.

Hell, he's nearly already flipped the 9th Circus, if you can believe that. I never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

Jeff '79 08-20-2020 1:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1798254)
One thing I wonder how much he's thought through is when the time comes that he is no longer President, he's going to have a MASSIVE target on his back. You think his tax returns will stay hidden then? People, LOTS OF PEOPLE, will be out for revenge.

:yesnod:

The ultimate reality show.
He should have been really careful for what he wished for.
It'll be most entertaining.

dwjz06 08-20-2020 1:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1798247)
with two adult voters.

Both said they were more concerned with the sideshow that is Donald J. Trump's personality than any law, policy, or executive order signed by him.

YHGTBFKM.

Feelings will make this country fail.

It's not "the meek that shall inherit the earth" but "the weak will inherit this country".

That is all.

Yeah more people hate his personality, and dumb ass communications on twitter. If he does lose according to most Lib folks I know it is because he shot himself in the foot with his rant bs. I hope he can pull it off. This country will not do well under Joe perv.

mrvette 08-20-2020 1:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1798270)

The ultimate reality show.
He should have been really careful for what he wished for.
It'll be most entertaining.

Yes, he is mutch schmarter than the domocraps and their lawyers ......and so watch them get shot down by HONEST judges......

but then again....the old payola rola blues grinds on.....

:issues:

69camfrk 08-20-2020 2:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1798254)

And the thing is, as you know, he doesn't have one damn obligation to release his tax returns. Not by law or anything else. I am just sick and tired of libs ruining our country.

04 commemorative 08-20-2020 3:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1798292)
And the thing is, as you know, he doesn't have one damn obligation to release his tax returns. Not by law or anything else. I am just sick and tired of libs ruining our country.

:iagree:

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-20-2020 3:29pm

dvarapala 08-20-2020 3:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvozel (Post 1798249)
I am definitely worried about the uninformed, uneducated minions.

How can we stop them from voting? :waiting:

Jeff '79 08-20-2020 3:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1798309)
How can we stop them from voting? :waiting:

:rofl::rofl:

dvarapala 08-20-2020 3:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1798277)
Yeah more people hate his personality, and dumb ass communications on twitter. If he does lose according to most Lib folks I know it is because he shot himself in the foot with his rant bs.

It will also be due to the incompetent way he handled the COVID-19 situation. Thanks to him we're squarely in the Top 10 hottest COVID hot spots in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...countries.html

boracayjohnny 08-20-2020 3:52pm

So folks are upset at what Trump says vs what he does. Didn't we just have eight years of some asshole saying one thing and doing another? Where were all those upset people then? Oh, that guy they liked, got it.

Datawiz 08-20-2020 3:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1798309)
How can we stop them from breeding? :waiting:

This

z06psi 08-20-2020 4:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1798313)
It will also be due to the incompetent way he handled the COVID-19 situation. Thanks to him we're squarely in the Top 10 hottest COVID hot spots in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...countries.html

How should he have handled it?

Complete lock down and restrictions of freedom like China?

z06psi 08-20-2020 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1798311)
:rofl::rofl:

Although it isn't funny. It is their constitutional right to be ignorant and the right to vote.

How do we fix uninformed voters?

That is what a concerned person for this Constitutional Republic would ask.

Giraffe (He/Him) 08-20-2020 5:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1798346)
Although it isn't funny. It is their constitutional right to be ignorant and the right to vote.

How do we fix uninformed voters?

That is what a concerned person for this Constitutional Republic would ask.

People are largely a product of their environment. They don’t learn these ridiculous ideals in a vacuum.

The first thing and absolutely the most difficult is to get them to shelve their preconceived ideas. But how do you manage that?

In my opinion, this is where Trump failed absolutely. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - while it has its comedic value, trolling the media isn’t the wisest thing in the world. You’ve got to demonstrate your policies are effective which I think he’s attempted to do. But who hears it over the din of ‘Fake news!’

Trump HAS given some speeches where I thought he absolutely hit a grand slam. He was concise and sounded Presidential. The next day he’d Tweet about Hillary being unable to satisfy Bill. Christ. REALLY?