The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Boy, I messed up at work today! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113619)

69camfrk 11-14-2017 8:05pm

Boy, I messed up at work today!

As most of you know, I'm retired AF, but I still work on the same base except I only work on C-17 parts. Well, this morning the "roach coach" (aka mobile food truck for you non mil types) shows up at about 9 a.m. I wanted a small container of grits, and they had none. But....they did have these medium size containers of chili. It smelled good, plenty of beans, and was pretty tasty. About an hour later, as my body was processing this culinary delight, my gut starts rolling like a boulder down a mountain. It is 8 p.m. and I'm still torn up. I've had enough flatulence that if properly harnessed could power a medium to large city for days. Dang it has been rough. Every .mil person here knows about the roach coach, and when you eat food from it, you are taking your life in your own hands. Whew......I'll be glad when all this wears off.....:sadangel::leaving:

VITE1 11-14-2017 8:07pm

:lol:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 11-14-2017 8:07pm

Don't fart.

Bill 11-14-2017 8:08pm

Real chili doesn't have beans. That should have been your first clue there was a problem.

:leaving:

69camfrk 11-14-2017 8:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 (Post 1597956)
Don't fart.

You are too late by about 8 hours......:sadangel:

snide 11-14-2017 8:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1597957)
Real chili doesn't have beans. That should have been your first clue there was a problem.

:leaving:

:slap::slap::slap:

JRD77VET 11-14-2017 8:26pm

In addition to the roach coach warning, at my previous job we had a "Jim's Coffee Warning" too.

Jim was a nice guy but as an "indulger from the 60s", not all the brain cells were still there. That coffee pot was the nastiest brewer I've even seen. You couldn't tell coffee level by looking at the pot, you had to look in. He'd wash it out once a week whether it needed it or not. :ack:

About the only redeeming quality of that coffee was that if you were ever constipated, it would clear you right out in 20 minutes :willy:

boracayjohnny 11-14-2017 8:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1597954)
As most of you know, I'm retired AF, but I still work on the same base except I only work on C-17 parts. Well, this morning the "roach coach" (aka mobile food truck for you non mil types) shows up at about 9 a.m. I wanted a small container of grits, and they had none. But....they did have these medium size containers of chili. It smelled good, plenty of beans, and was pretty tasty. About an hour later, as my body was processing this culinary delight, my gut starts rolling like a boulder down a mountain. It is 8 p.m. and I'm still torn up. I've had enough flatulence that if properly harnessed could power a medium to large city for days. Dang it has been rough. Every .mil person here knows about the roach coach, and when you eat food from it, you are taking your life in your own hands. Whew......I'll be glad when all this wears off.....:sadangel::leaving:

Another Roach Coach victim. :Jeff '79:

James, your face can now go on the Roach Coach confirmed kill board. :Jeff '79::Jeff '79:

Milton Fox 11-14-2017 10:02pm

https://orig00.deviantart.net/3f02/f...75-da3638j.png

Ol Timer 11-14-2017 10:24pm

Be proud of your man scents. :)

Kerrmudgeon 11-14-2017 10:25pm

Maybe you can convert that Camaro to methane? :rofl:

m and t's77 11-14-2017 10:27pm

After my heart attack have not touched anything from the roach coach.Sure it smells good on most days and such but i'm far better off without it
That and the bill adds up quick if you don't pay up daily.

WalkerInTN 11-14-2017 11:12pm

I learned not to eat anything that was homemade from roach coaches in the late 80's doing construction. Anything homemade was risking a case of bubble guts & spending too much time in a port a potty. :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

OddBall 11-15-2017 12:41am

Roach coaches are the only ones that can compete with Waffle houses for giving you the shits. The upside is that the roach coach visits you where you work, where the heads are in considerably better shape than the shitters at a Waffle house.
And in both cases...you will be making a trip to the shitter in a hurry.

mrvette 11-15-2017 1:36am

Such wonderful memories......:dance::dance:

69camfrk 11-15-2017 5:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1597988)
Maybe you can convert that Camaro to methane? :rofl:

I don't wanna blow up the engine!!!:lol: BTW, still suffering the wrath this morning. WHEN WILL IT END????:confused5:

69camfrk 11-15-2017 5:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1597971)
Another Roach Coach victim. :Jeff '79:

James, your face can now go on the Roach Coach confirmed kill board. :Jeff '79::Jeff '79:

Johnny, it makes you wonder, if back at roach coach headquarters, they sit around and laugh about what they do to people. They probably have hidden cameras outside the can, and when we go in they are probably like, "yup, he's one of ours" and laugh like hell!!:D

WalkerInTN 11-15-2017 7:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1597997)
Roach coaches are the only ones that can compete with Waffle houses for giving you the shits. The upside is that the roach coach visits you where you work, where the heads are in considerably better shape than the shitters at a Waffle house.
And in both cases...you will be making a trip to the shitter in a hurry.

Never had an issue with the Awful Waffle, but I only eat breakfast there. :island14:

Getting a sack full of Krystals is a different story. People call them gut bombs for good reasons. :yesnod:

VatorMan 11-15-2017 7:27am

1 Attachment(s)
I found a new taco bar last night and am having the same issues as you this morning. 2 Carne Asada, 1 chicken, 1 beef tongue, and 1 beef cheek =$10. They make a killer habanero onion mix and their hot sauce was excellent.

Mike Mercury 11-15-2017 8:37am

https://pics.onsizzle.com/this-yoga-...rt-4711644.png