The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   "Useless" Air Marshal Service (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30645)

Joecooool 03-01-2012 12:51pm

"Useless" Air Marshal Service

mrvette 03-01-2012 1:12pm

As ever, only partly true, can't comment on the marshall's criminal/careless behavior.......but the threat of one on each flight is not a bad idea....but I think maybe arming all pilots and flight crew is a good idea, second off is to abandon the TSA, that agency is staffed by inept dummies that never graduated HS, let alone know WTF they are doing,....

then there is eliminating the #1 threat to transport....islam, easy do on their home turf....easier here still yet.....

:lol:

VITE1 03-01-2012 4:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 596346)
I can think of more wasteful services.

Welfare for starters.

:iagree:

And both DoE's

Loco Vette 03-01-2012 11:00pm

So what is your point?

Do you agree that the marshal's service is a waste of money?

Do you think the speaker is misguided in some way?

:bigears:

Doug28450 03-02-2012 9:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 596919)
So what is your point?

Phil is conflicted over this one.

Eliminating the the Air Marshal Service would take people off the government payroll. It's bad anytime you take people off the government payroll.

However, some of those people would be on welfare or unemployment, so that would be good.

Chris Fowler 03-02-2012 9:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug28450 (Post 597106)
Phil is conflicted over this one.

Eliminating the the Air Marshal Service would take people off the government payroll. It's bad anytime you take people off the government payroll.

However, some of those people would be on welfare or unemployment, so that would be good.

You would also eliminate the jobs of people that carry evil guns...and that's a good thing as well.

Joecooool 03-02-2012 9:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 596919)
So what is your point?

I agreee with him.

Loco Vette 03-02-2012 10:34am

He is my congressman and a personal freind. I was not previously familiar with the statistics he cited, but it certainly paints the picture of a bloated, inefficent government program.

It would be intersting to compare the payroll and the "catch" rate of the remainder of the TSA to the Air Marshals. There are a lot of people in the whole system being paid to do very little.

mrvette 03-02-2012 11:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 597212)
He is my congressman and a personal freind. I was not previously familiar with the statistics he cited, but it certainly paints the picture of a bloated, inefficent government program.

It would be intersting to compare the payroll and the "catch" rate of the remainder of the TSA to the Air Marshals. There are a lot of people in the whole system being paid to do very little.

Say THAT about the whole damn fed.gov :kick: