The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Goodbye Linda. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129187)

DAB 10-11-2022 10:40am

After much thought and prayer, I have decided that our remains will be buried next to my parents remains in Cody, WY, and have selected a plot, fully paid for it, and will get a marker stone designed and set in place in the coming weeks.

May as well face your mortality someday, and clean up loose ends so others are not stuck doing so.

:DAB:

Vegas 10-11-2022 8:03pm

My condolences Doug :sadangel:

04 commemorative 10-11-2022 8:34pm

Wife and I have bought and paid for two niches for when we decide to move on the the next episode .....I also have asked my daughter to have a small amount of my cremains put into a small salt urn and drop it into the ocean .

Olustee bus 10-12-2022 4:01am

That is great Doug. Yours and hers body can rest together on earth while you both rest in heaven.

A cousin of mines husband died a few weeks ago. He wanted her to not spend over ten dollars on his funeral. He wanted to be cremated and buried under a big tree along with some of their pets.

DAB 10-12-2022 7:56am

Ordered some fancy cherry wood yesterday, enough to make a very nice box for both our remains.

$335.70 worth of cherry. :slap: :DAB:

No mistakes!!!!

Blademaker 10-12-2022 8:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1999709)
Ordered some fancy cherry wood yesterday, enough to make a very nice box for both our remains.

$335.70
worth of cherry. :slap: :DAB:

No mistakes!!!!

:faint:

My wife and I bought our final resting place/prepaid for final expenses about 5-6 years ago. Hella lot less expensive.

DAB 10-12-2022 10:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blademaker (Post 1999717)
:faint:

My wife and I bought our final resting place/prepaid for final expenses about 5-6 years ago. Hella lot less expensive.

eh, may as well spend it and enjoy it.

SnikPlosskin 10-12-2022 6:28pm

Good cherry has always been pricy but wow.

DAB 10-14-2022 1:52pm

Just approved of and paid for a marker stone for our burial plot. very similar to my parent's marker. will be situated right next to theirs.

Rodnok1 08-02-2023 2:44pm

Been a long year for you Douglas, how you doing?
Seems like yesterday some days.

MTPZ06 08-02-2023 2:51pm

:sadangel: :halfmast:

MadInNc 08-02-2023 3:46pm

:sadangel: brother.

DAB 08-02-2023 5:29pm

had a pretty good day. started the day at church with our weekly prayer meeting/bible study 730-900. then followed my friend back to her house to swap out her vent hood. eh, simple 45 min job.....3 hours later, including a run back to the shop to get tools and more wiring, got it done and it works well. then we and another gal went to lunch, good time visiting, and then some shopping at the grocery store and finally back home around 4pm. so long day away from home. talked to Linda's sister in the middle of the day briefly - good chat.

yeah, I miss her every day, but i have to live on. and i have found that helping others is a good use of my time and talents.

thank you everyone. :grouphug:

Frankie the Fink 08-02-2023 6:08pm

IIRC There are 7 stages of grief and no shortcuts, you have to visit each one before you can move on... Sounds like you are handling things as best as can be expected.

DAB 08-02-2023 6:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 2119196)
IIRC There are 7 stages of grief and no shortcuts, you have to visit each one before you can move on... Sounds like you are handling things as best as can be expected.

yeah, one of the books i got said that. i reject that theory.

dwjz06 08-02-2023 6:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 2119177)
had a pretty good day. started the day at church with our weekly prayer meeting/bible study 730-900. then followed my friend back to her house to swap out her vent hood. eh, simple 45 min job.....3 hours later, including a run back to the shop to get tools and more wiring, got it done and it works well. then we and another gal went to lunch, good time visiting, and then some shopping at the grocery store and finally back home around 4pm. so long day away from home. talked to Linda's sister in the middle of the day briefly - good chat.

yeah, I miss her every day, but i have to live on. and i have found that helping others is a good use of my time and talents.

thank you everyone. :grouphug:

:seasix::cert: hard to believe the year part. Glad you are well.

BADRACR1 08-02-2023 9:29pm

Doesn't seem like a year. Glad that you are managing okay.