The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Please Welcome Your New President - Joseph Biden (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124022)

Jeff '79 11-07-2020 11:49am

Please Welcome Your New President - Joseph Biden

Joe Biden was elected President today .
Love him or hate him, he will be the POTUS Jan 1.
Let's all be done with the virtuous rhetoric and get on with being the best country on earth.

Thunder22 11-07-2020 11:52am

<asshat democrat voice> he's not my president <asshat democrot voice off>

just commenting here so that i can find this easliy when gas prices are over $5/gallon again and my 401k is in the toilet.

But yeah, whoohooo congrats!

(and for the record, he wasn't elected yet, nothing has been certified, and the Electoral College doesn't meet until mid December... but I'm sure you knew that....)

Jeff '79 11-07-2020 12:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1820131)
<asshat democrat voice> he's not my president <asshat democrot voice off>

just commenting here so that i can find this easliy when gas prices are over $5/gallon again and my 401k is in the toilet.

But yeah, whoohooo congrats!

(and for the record, he wasn't elected yet, nothing has been certified, and the Electoral College doesn't meet until mid December... but I'm sure you knew that....)

I'd pay that gladly to have peace of mind.
Ya, I hear you man.... It is what it is though.

thecornerman 11-07-2020 12:12pm

Ya I'll get right on that!

DAB 11-07-2020 12:15pm

:clap:

:bfd:

i see him as a re-run of Carter. he cares, but otherwise, fairly ineffectual.

i have my sweater ready.

:DAB:

bill_daniels 11-07-2020 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1820133)

You think, "I can afford to pay more at each fill up, so who cares?" You haven't considered the massive inflation that will result as the price of everything you and everyone else buys skyrockets. Every single thing you own was transported on a truck, ship, rail car, or pipeline, and higher transportation costs equal higher prices for everything. Compound that with the fact that everything MADE from oil and gas gets dramatically more expensive. Do you use plastic? Do you buy tires? Do you use things made out of steel? (We use coke...coal, to make steel.) The cost of that stuff gets a double whammy increase, first because of the huge increase in raw material cost, then the increased transport costs.

If you'll recall, it was $ 5/gal diesel that was a large part of crashing the economy in 2008. Why do you think it was so important for the US to be energy independent? Low and stable energy prices are necessary for an economy to flourish.

Edit: As I recall, one of our members works for an aluminum company that operates smelters. Plants had to be closed when the price of natural gas skyrocketed. People lost their jobs. Tax revenue evaporated. High energy prices have real world, negative consequences to lots of Americans.

Steve_R 11-07-2020 12:18pm

He was elected today because the media says so? The Electoral College doesn't have any part in it now? When did that happen?

Jeff '79 11-07-2020 12:19pm

1 Attachment(s)
Great, another bitch fest.
So glad everyone is Nostradamus.
I want my bowl and bottle of wine !!! NOW !!!

The new Election Expert has spoken. :dance:

Attachment 48829

Hey Nathan.
Are you gonna concede?

Aerovette 11-07-2020 12:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1820137)
You think, "I can afford to pay more at each fill up, so who cares?" You haven't considered the massive inflation that will result as the price of everything you and everyone else buys skyrockets. Every single thing you own was transported on a truck, ship, rail car, or pipeline, and higher transportation costs equal higher prices for everything. Compound that with the fact that everything MADE from oil and gas gets dramatically more expensive. Do you use plastic? Do you buy tires? The cost of that stuff gets a double whammy increase, first because of the huge increase in raw material cost, then the increased transport costs.

If you'll recall, it was $ 5/gal diesel that was a large part of crashing the economy in 2008. Why do you think it was so important for the US to be energy independent? Low and stable energy prices are necessary for an economy to flourish.

Keystone pipeline - WILL BE DEAD again
Chinese crap will flood our stores at even higher prices as punishment
Gas prices will skyrocket
Small businesses will vaporize or will be absorbed my larger corporations and give the illusion of being "mom and pop"
Hardcore lockdowns are coming for 18 more months
Hand guns will be a prime target
There will be a for sale sign on the front yard of America within 2 years and China will be our new owner. Unless the Saudis are willing to keep us off the market as their number one consumer of oil very soon.

FLEXjs 11-07-2020 12:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1820129)
Please Welcome Your New President - Kamala Harris

Fixt.

Good luck America. You're gonna need it. :yesnod:

Jeff '79 11-07-2020 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1820144)
Fixt.

Good luck America. You're gonna need it. :yesnod:

A very intelligent, tough woman.
She'll do great in that seat if that need be.:seasix:

Will 11-07-2020 12:30pm

I'll be fine. Probably make more money on our portfolio.

I feel truly sorry for steel workers, miners, energy workers, factory workers, tradesmen, etc.

Blue collar working stiffs in industries where either illegal immigrant labor or offshoring is a threat to their jobs, wages, etc. got a 4 year respite from being ground into dust. Looks like it's over. Ditto for the brief improvement in the Opiod epidemic, which is tied to that. Suppressed wages, closed factories, drug abuse, suicide, crushing poverty, etc. are back on the menu. Manufacturing jobs declined every single year of Obama-Biden, even 2016. 2017 was the 1st year in decades that tradesmen in the building industry saw rising wages and job mobility (go read mid 2017 industry reports and scroll down to headwinds).

I voted Trump because I was voting for those people. They're going right back to getting ****ed.

Aerovette 11-07-2020 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1820145)

A klown-laughing kunt.

DAB 11-07-2020 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1820140)
Great, another bitch fest.
So glad everyone is Nostradamus.
I want my bowl and bottle of wine !!! NOW !!!

The new Election Expert has spoken. :dance:

Attachment 48829

Hey Nathan.
Are you gonna concede?

as i noted elsewhere, with all the uncertainty of recounts and lawsuits, i'm holding off declaring a winner of our little contest, and awarding the "bowl of uncertainty" until the final results are in from the Dec. 14 meeting of the Electoral College in the several state capitals. that will be the actual winner and final count, and i'll go off that.

:DAB:

Broken Wind 11-07-2020 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1820133)

What peace of mind does this outcome bring you? Be specific.

FLEXjs 11-07-2020 12:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1820145)

She's arrogant AF and she hates the very people that voted her in.

Aerovette 11-07-2020 12:44pm

1 Attachment(s)

Aerovette 11-07-2020 12:45pm

My only liberal friend is deeply involved in the Keystone pipeline. This will be entertaining.

Aerovette 11-07-2020 12:46pm

Attention all DEMOCRATS.

Your rioting, looting, and burning, will now be in celebration as opposed to protest. Pass it around.

Raazor 11-07-2020 12:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1820155)
My only liberal friend is deeply involved in the Keystone pipeline. This will be entertaining.

Whoops!:funniest::rofl: