The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Camp Fire might take us out (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117816)

MEANZ06 11-12-2018 10:54pm

Camp Fire might take us out

Sucks! The NorCal Camp fire is pretty close to our vacation property we've been working as of late. It'll be a day or so before I pull the trigger to go up and yank the 5TH wheel out of there.

So far, early on, my cousin and two friends lost everything in Paradise.

It's bad and I've been watching it on google crisis maps to see the progression.

https://google.org/crisismap/google.com/2018-camp-fire

This morning map showed it jumped the north fork of the lake toward Berry Creek (our side of the lake) Wife and I are trying to decide how close it comes before we pull the trigger to drive the 200 miles to pull out the camper. We have to be careful because if we wait to long they close the roads and we're F'd at that point...

:sadangel:

Bill 11-12-2018 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1649556)
Sucks! The NorCal Camp fire is pretty close to our vacation property we've been working as of late. It'll be a day or so before I pull the trigger to go up and yank the 5TH wheel out of there.

It's bad and I've been watching it on google crisis maps to see the progression.

This morning map showed it jumped the north fork of the lake toward Berry Creek (our side of the lake) Wife and I are trying to decide how close it comes before we pull the trigger to drive the 200 miles to pull out the camper. We have to be careful because if we wait to long they close the roads and we're F'd at that point...

If it's well insured and you don't have anything sentimental in there, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

MrPeabody 11-12-2018 11:00pm

For some reason I thought your place was much farther south. Hope it all goes well for you. If you head up there stay safe.:yesnod:

By the way, your next post is 10K.:seasix:

04 commemorative 11-12-2018 11:15pm

Why would you wait :confused5:

Antfarmer2 11-13-2018 4:51am

Why would you go. Not worth the risk and you will just be in the way. Stay safe prayers sent to all.:sadangel:

mrvette 11-13-2018 5:05am

:sadangel::sadangel:

Prayers for safety for all out there, My son in Grass Valley is about 50 miles from Pairadice......:issues:

Olustee bus 11-13-2018 7:00am

be careful and good luck.

VatorMan 11-13-2018 7:13am

Don't be one of those last minute casualties. GTFO if you need to.

VITE1 11-13-2018 8:33am

Your life is not worth it.

NEED-A-VETTE 11-13-2018 10:22am

2 Attachment(s)
Stay safe.

I wouldn’t bother with going to get it. Too much happening up there. Cross your fingers and hope it makes it.

I had my eye on the Peak Fire yesterday but they were able to keep it to 100 acres. They hit it with everything they had available and knocked it down very fast. I was worried it was going to take off.

We could see the Woolsey Fire from the house on Thursday night.

Attachment 20227

Attachment 20228

Sea Six 11-13-2018 10:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1649583)

That roof looks wavy.

simpleman68 11-13-2018 11:00am

Geez guys I hope your gear isn't affected. :sadangel:

It's mind boggling to hear about 100k + acres burned only to find out they have less thank 30% containment.
Fricken awful...
Scott

NEED-A-VETTE 11-13-2018 9:09pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1649586)
That roof looks wavy.

Attachment 20237

MrPeabody 11-13-2018 9:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1649556)

Check the Sheriff's website or Facebook page up there. It should have a detailed list of road closures. It's really not about you taking a deadly risk. If it's not safe, you won't be able to get in there. If they still allow access, then it should be safe to go. Hell, call the Sheriff's dept and ask them about that specific area. If the area is blocked off and under evacuation and you sneak in they will arrest you. That's how these things work.

Another point here is if you are in a relatively unpopulated area, that's not where they are going to put a lot of effort into fighting the fire. I guarantee you right now most of their resources are being used to keep the fire out of Chico and Oroville.

When the Mendocino Complex fire here was finally out, I took one look at the map and said the fire stopped where the property taxes start.

If you go up there, take N95 masks and airtight goggles with you.

MrPeabody 11-13-2018 9:28pm

Just saw on the Sheriff's news conference the death toll is up to 48. They are calling in 100 more National Guard troops to aid in the search for bodies. Many are still missing. I've heard anywhere between dozens to 200.

MEANZ06 11-13-2018 9:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1649635)
Just saw on the Sheriff's news conference the death toll is up to 48. They are calling in 100 more National Guard troops to aid in the search for bodies. Many are still missing. I've heard anywhere between dozens to 200.

We just watched the same press conference. It's pretty grim, our place is still some distance away (19 Happy Hallow Ln). We're watching the CalFire website and Google crisis maps for updates on evacuations.

http://nifc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web...1d0c69a96d6284

Sorry my 10k post was not more positive/upbeat. Maybe C6 can re-tally my count in a few days when I post our property/stuff still standing:seasix:

Black94lt1 11-14-2018 1:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1649560)
Why would you wait :confused5:

Agreed, if access is still open why not grab it now to be safe

mrvette 11-14-2018 5:17am

Can't help but broach the dam topic about INsurance out there in Fireside/used to be called Shakeyside, but earned a name change....:issues::sadangel:

My damn INsurance company still dragging out the court date for the Irma roof damage....14 months now.....stupid beyond sublime.....

I bet they flat refuse to pay fire claims.....witch will piss off the finance folks ALL TO HELL!!!!

Black94lt1 11-14-2018 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1649656)
Can't help but broach the dam topic about INsurance out there in Fireside/used to be called Shakeyside, but earned a name change....:issues::sadangel:

My damn INsurance company still dragging out the court date for the Irma roof damage....14 months now.....stupid beyond sublime.....

I bet they flat refuse to pay fire claims.....witch will piss off the finance folks ALL TO HELL!!!!

My thoughts too, hence grab it while you can and get to safety

JRD77VET 11-14-2018 8:44pm

I understand wanting to save your stuff but.......

Stuff can be replaced while a loved one's life cannot :sadangel:

Be smart with your decision :yesnod: