The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who here is a Star Trek fan? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135237)

Louie Detroit 12-06-2023 3:56am

Who here is a Star Trek fan?

1 Attachment(s)
Have you ever appeared in public wearing ST uniforms or attended conventions wearing such clothing? Have you ever spent an exorbitant amount of money or time Trekking?

I have to admit over time I've warmed to the ST concept, as contrived and wooden as it can sometimes be.

Torqaholic 12-06-2023 5:01am

I always watched the original version when I had the opportunity. Tried to like the new Star Trek but only made it through one and half shows before deciding it wasn't in my future.

Tikiman 12-06-2023 7:06am

New Star Trek went woke and lost me.

Frankie the Fink 12-06-2023 8:55am

Star Trek is hardly "contrived and wooden" - the original series dealt with ground breaking issues such as racism with Frank Gorshin starring and the first broadcast interracial kiss.

The later spinoffs like "The Orville" and "Discovery" are woke to hell and gone with the Discovery show pushing agendas so hard I tuned out midway through the second episode. And "Babylon Five" was just plain, suck ass BAD in every way. "Voyager" isn't awful but I tell my wife that the first time they let a woman drive a starship, she got lost. "Enterprise" with Scott Bakula is watchable but his acting can be a bit amateurish at times.

If you're bored some time do a search on Scotty's WW-II war record, a combat-wounded hero, permanently disabled because of his injuries when he was shot 6 times and still became a military pilot.

No, I never wore a Trekkie outfit, but I did have some "moist" dreams about Nurse Chappel as a teenager, with the green Orion slave girl a close second.

Big bob 12-06-2023 9:37am

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 92680

Onebadcad 12-06-2023 10:42am

I enjoyed the original, fun fact, it only ran for three seasons, 79 episodes.
Best part about the original season was seeing a new Star Trek member in the opening scene, you knew they were dead by the end of show.

Bill 12-06-2023 11:01am

I've probably seen every episode of the original a dozen times over the decades. Never got into ANY of the spinoffs, not at all.

Unsuspicious 12-06-2023 11:04am

The shows used to focus on an imaginative future, but today's writers are so self important they write to reflect a lot of the present.
Picard and the animated Lower Decks series are the only decent modern series.

Mike Mercury 12-06-2023 11:05am

In order of greatness:

1. ST TOS
2. ST Deep Space 9
3. ST Voyager
4. ST Enterprise
Last. ST TNG (the liberal crew)

StudleyJames 12-06-2023 11:17am

Was addicted to the original series (as a kid) only guilty of owning models of the Enterprise

In order of greatness:

1. ST TOS
2. ST TNG
3. ST Enterprise

ST movies
1. The Wrath of Khan
2. Search for Spock
3. The Voyage Home
4. First Contact
5. Insurrection
6. Star Trek

Mick 12-06-2023 2:36pm

I saw TOS in syndication in the '70s, and liked it a lot. I saw some of the movies with the cast from TOS, and thought they were "OK". Never got into any of the other versions, but I admit to liking Zoe Saldana as Lt. Uhura.

I liked girls when I reached puberty and wanted to have sex with them, so I never owned any clothing or memorabilia associated with any of the show's versions.

dvarapala 12-06-2023 2:57pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 2181976)
I liked girls when I reached puberty and wanted to have sex with them, so I never owned any clothing or memorabilia associated with any of the show's versions.

:skep:

Lots of smart, hot chicks are Trekkers.

6spdC6 12-06-2023 2:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 2181976)
I saw TOS in syndication in the '70s, and liked it a lot. I saw some of the movies with the cast from TOS, and thought they were "OK". Never got into any of the other versions, but I admit to liking Zoe Saldana as Lt. Uhura.

I liked girls when I reached puberty and wanted to have sex with them,
so I never owned any clothing or memorabilia associated with any of the show's versions.

I was over at my girlfriends house, her parents were not home and her little brother who she was baby sitting fell asleep. That was a great thing as we were making out heavy duty and that was the first time the two of us had sex together.

The first run show that was playing on the TV was a Star Trek. The story was about a destroyed air force plane that they brought the pilot aboard. Details are a little light as that was back mid 60s and we realy did not watch that much of the show anyway.:hurray:

dvarapala 12-06-2023 3:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 2181986)
The first run show that was playing was a Star Trek. The story was about a destroyed air force plane that they brought the pilot aboard. Details are a little light as that was back mid 60s and we realy did not watch that much of the show. anyway.:hurray:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...erday_(episode)

6spdC6 12-06-2023 3:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2181991)

That's it thanks!

roadpilot 12-06-2023 4:28pm

When my wife starts to ask a lot of questions, I just tell her "Its just a movie , it ain't real". Most people need to get a life other than living thru a movie/TV.

CurtP 12-06-2023 6:38pm

3 Attachment(s)
I have the first release of the entire Star Trek TOS series on VHS tapes. I also have the DVD set in the plastic boxes. Even have TOS graphics on my game controller. I've watched all the other series, but TOS is the only one I like - probably because S1E1 of NG had guys in short skirts.

Wathen1955 12-06-2023 6:55pm

Sherri Jackson
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...1MzE@._V1_.jpg

Marianna Hill
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c8/46/a2/c...88bc0ff052.jpg

IrishSpuds 12-06-2023 6:56pm

Nope. Never watched a single star movie / program.

LATB 12-06-2023 7:16pm

I have to echo spuds…
Never watched it. Never cared for it. Never understood the obsession.
Only reason I know anything about it is popular culture made “beam me up Scotty” a cliche. And I thought Scotty was Spock, until the Big Bang Theory nerds educated me. :Jeff '79: