The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Thanks, would anybody mind... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125452)

the new me 04-07-2021 7:11pm

Thanks, would anybody mind...

I feel like I don't hit the Thanks button enough. Sorry about that. Color me lazy-ish. There are so many excellent posts and my click-finger is rebelling.

But I want to solve this problem.

Would anybody mind if I wrote a Tampermonkey script that automatically clicked every Thanks button on every TVB page I visit?

In case the very idea of doing this drives anybody off the deep end, let me just put this out there: This is probably not a serious question, okay?

Oh and it goes without saying: IBS
That's Irritable Bowel Syndrome to the uninitiated.

JRD77VET 04-07-2021 7:16pm

Just "lazy-ish"? How 'bout really fucking lazy? Too much effort to move the mouse over and press for a click? :bslap:

427Z 04-07-2021 7:29pm

Thanks

Anjdog2003 04-07-2021 7:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new me (Post 1871992)
I feel like I don't hit the Thanks button enough. Sorry about that. Color me lazy-ish. There are so many excellent posts and my click-finger is rebelling.

Would anybody mind if I wrote a Tampermonkey script that automatically clicked every Thanks button on every TVB page I visit?

In case the very idea of doing this drives anybody off the deep end, let me just put this out there: This is probably not a serious question, okay?

Didn't read

Rikki Z-06 04-07-2021 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1871999)
Didn't read

:withstupid:

snide 04-07-2021 7:39pm

Note to self: Do not click the Thanks button on any of the new me's posts.

Earthquake Driver 04-07-2021 7:39pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Steve_R 04-07-2021 7:51pm

Iron Maiden > living in a van by the river > threesome with Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden > the old me > the new me.

Millenium Vette 04-07-2021 8:43pm

Quote:

Shit, just ask Snide for the one he uses. No need to overwork yourself.

:cert:

Aerovette 04-07-2021 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1871993)
Just "lazy-ish"? How 'bout really fucking lazy? Too much effort to move the mouse over and press for a click? :bslap:

It is daunting. I got halfway over there on your post and I was winded. I rested and came back and posted a reply instead.

:Jeff '79:

Norm 04-07-2021 8:49pm

You may want to run that by the admin folks here.

Vandelay Industries 04-07-2021 8:55pm

:bfd:

the new me 04-07-2021 8:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1871993)

Just in case you're serious:

As of this writing here are your posts made and thanks given:

As of this writing here are my posts made and thanks given:

Dividing thanks by posts, your thanks-to-post ratio is 49.8%
Same math for me, my T2P ratio is 71.4%

I realize I am not a particularly prolific poster. (It will probably always be that way because of other time commitments.) And you are quite prolific (and have been around 10 years) so your absolute numbers are very high. Awesome, congrats, Seriously.

But realistically, based on that ratio, I don't think I'm exactly falling down on the job clicking the thanks button. LMK if I'm FOS on that. And anybody who feels like beating me up, be sure to start clicking to get your own T2P ratio up there.

I just thought the idea of an automated thanks-button-clicker was funny. Notice I said "This is probably not a serious question, okay?"

But apparently there is a lot of heading off the deep end on this.

I know from the other place that senses of humor are in short supply at times, but I apparently misjudged how short.

Either that, or maybe (I hope) I fell for all y'alls joke on me. But if you're serious, well then... :rofl:

Peace, brothers and sisters.

the new me 04-07-2021 9:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1872031)
Shit, just ask Snide for the one he uses. No need to overwork yourself.

:cert:

See? That's what I'm talking about.

You get it.

Snide, give me a copy of that damn script.

:)

JRD77VET 04-07-2021 9:04pm

1 Attachment(s)
Since you have a higher percentage......

Bill 04-07-2021 9:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new me (Post 1872035)

I realize I am not a particularly prolific poster. (It will probably always be that way because of other time commitments.) And you are quite prolific (and have been around 10 years) so your absolute numbers are very high. Awesome, congrats, Seriously.

But realistically, based on that ratio, I don't think I'm exactly falling down on the job clicking the thanks button. LMK if I'm FOS on that. And anybody who feels like beating me up, be sure to start clicking to get your own T2P ratio up there.

I just thought the idea of an automated thanks-button-clicker was funny. Notice I said "This is probably not a serious question, okay?"

I know from the other place that senses of humor are in short supply at times, but I apparently misjudged how short.

Either that, or maybe (I hope) I fell for all y'alls joke on me. But if you're serious, well then... :rofl:

I was told there would be no math......

Anjdog2003 04-07-2021 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 (Post 1872001)
:withstupid:

stick :cool1:

Anjdog2003 04-07-2021 9:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1872016)
Iron Maiden > living in a van by the river > threesome with Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden > the old me > the new me.

:Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79:

Anjdog2003 04-07-2021 9:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new me (Post 1872035)

Didn't read again

BayouCountry 04-07-2021 9:43pm

The thanks won’t mean anything if you don’t put in the effort to distinguish what you like. Therefore, I must conclude this thread is satire.