The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   LOL, People actually beleive that kids are not influenced by having gay parents.. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37187)

Vette40th 07-13-2012 3:14pm

LOL, People actually beleive that kids are not influenced by having gay parents..

This is there response, a typical liberal/GAY response.
Prove it
"Gays and their lifestyle and wanting to get married and have children, hurt me directly by:"

1)
2)
3)
4)

Just fill in the list and provide sources that support your opinions.

I personally feel it will cause undeniable damage to a kids outlook on what is a normal healthy family relationship.

HOWSER 07-13-2012 3:25pm

Will you be defining what you are calling a "normal and healthy" family relationship?

Stangkiller 07-13-2012 3:27pm

people aren't normal. There's no such thing as normal. Me and my household...are 100% unaffected by who my neighbor marries.

Vette40th 07-13-2012 3:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOWSER (Post 710101)
Will you be defining what you are calling a "normal and healthy" family relationship?

I was thinking a Mom and Dad, as healthy as that can be as opposed to Female/Female or Male/Male parents.
It is a no win situation as people believe what they believe. i respect peoples opinions for the most part..

carlton_fritz 07-13-2012 3:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 710110)
Not necessarily.

I bet you are indirectly affected in some form or fashion financially.

That said, get gov't out of marriage for ALL people.

Marriage is a "religious" issue not a gov't issue.

:cert:

:iagree: Government never founded marriage.

NeedSpeed 07-13-2012 3:35pm

I'm for gay marriage, ..., I'd so watch gay divorce court. :D

Hoog 07-13-2012 3:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette40th (Post 710091)

I personally feel it will cause undeniable damage to a kids outlook on what is a normal healthy family relationship.

OK....Just fill in the list and provide sources that support your opinions.

theanswriz42 07-13-2012 3:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 710106)
people aren't normal. There's no such thing as normal. Me and my household...are 100% unaffected by who my neighbor marries.

It never ceases to amaze me how much people about what other people do when it has little to no effect on the rest of society.

As far as I'm concerned, someone's belief in god is as irrational as giving a damn that someone is gay. Of all the issues in the world, I don't think who someone has sex with, or what god someone might believe in is even close to the top of the list of things to worry about.

lspencer534 07-13-2012 3:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedSpeed (Post 710114)
I'm for gay marriage, ..., I'd so watch gay divorce court. :D

Bitch!

...Whitepower... 07-13-2012 3:54pm

I'd rather see a same sex couple raise a kid than for that same kid to get bounced around foster homes/families throughout their childhood.

MrPeabody 07-13-2012 3:56pm

:yesnod:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 710133)
I'd rather see a same sex couple raise a kid than for that same kid to get bounced around foster homes/families throughout their childhood.

:iagree: Or be raised by most of the heterosexual married couples I know.

...Whitepower... 07-13-2012 3:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 710136)

Great point.. :yesnod:

theanswriz42 07-13-2012 3:57pm

Quote:

No kidding. Riding on MARTA makes me sad for the future.

Stangkiller 07-13-2012 4:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxAg (Post 710110)
Not necessarily.

I bet you are indirectly affected in some form or fashion financially

Nope, their actual marriage will not affect me.

Their neighborhood manners might. But a straight couple that wants to be loud and obnoxious or not care for their property could affect me the same way.

VatorMan 07-13-2012 4:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 710133)

:iagree: Just like I'm all about birth control and abortion. If the Mother don't want the kid,why should anyone else ?

theanswriz42 07-13-2012 4:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 710141)
:iagree: Just like I'm all about birth control and abortion. If the Mother don't want the kid,why should anyone else ?

I think people can't rationalize the fact that it takes some time for a fetus to have a nervous system complex enough to feel pain so they make up a bunch of fallacies about how abortion is terrible and the "baby" is suffering.

Stangkiller 07-13-2012 4:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette40th (Post 710108)
I was thinking a Mom and Dad, as healthy as that can be as opposed to Female/Female or Male/Male parents.
It is a no win situation as people believe what they believe. i respect peoples opinions for the most part..

But who are you to define healthy for somebody else?

Smoking? Yeah, there's enough medical evidence that smoking is unhealthy. But even with all the evidence that smoking is unhealthy, you don't go around taking cigarettes away from smokers do you? So why do the same thing to gay couples?

I have personal beliefs on gay marriage. But at the same time I feel no need to push my personal beliefs on anybody else, nor should they to me. So as long as gays aren't trying to preach their way to me, i'm perfectly fine with whatever they do.

mrvette 07-13-2012 4:06pm

Quote:

I"d be more worried about the typical public school, than most parents.....

WAY more worried.....

:sadangel: