The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C1 & C2 Corvette Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I cannot help but wonder about another related forum (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129035)

DZAUTO 07-13-2022 11:38am

I cannot help but wonder about another related forum

The way things have occurred lately on another forum, I cannot help but wonder how things are going to shake out after all the knowledgeable and experienced members are gone. It seems a shame that the administration doesn't see the train wreck coming. I already understand that some questions by members are not getting desired replies.
HOPEFULLY, this forum will become superior.

Tom Parsons

Grey Ghost 07-13-2022 11:56am

Hi Tom

I was a member of CF C1/C2 section from about 2000 on. Never was banned or anything, but when they let other mods get into that section vs just MasterDave it went downhill.

It was great with only MasterDave and he was one of us.

I remember all your great post and always admired you '57.

I sold the midyears that I restored and haven't been on CF in many yrs., Too much nonsense. It's great over here, would be better if more active.

DZAUTO 07-13-2022 12:35pm

THANKS for the kind words.
I'll try to help if I can.

Tom Parsons

GTOguy 07-13-2022 12:44pm

Tom with you here, that is a huge help to anybody needing your technical expertise, which is extensive. Welcome!
Jeff

RatDog 07-13-2022 4:17pm

Wow! The gangs all here!

The exodus from the “other forum” will continue if we can get this section active.

Those of us who aren’t banned from there can help by sending PMs to members over there who are looking for specific help they can get here.

But don’t post on the open forum. You’ll be shown the door for sure.

Take care,
Steve

GTOguy 07-13-2022 4:39pm

Steve, the moderators CAN look at PM's over there, and have banned people for them. That said, it is not common. I think an honest referral in a PM to a member who is befuddled over there to an expert over here would be prudent.

RatDog 07-13-2022 4:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 1970710)
Steve, the moderators CAN look at PM's over there, and have banned people for them. That said, it is not common. I think an honest referral in a PM to a member who is befuddled over there to an expert over here would be prudent.

Wow, I had no idea they could see PMs! That kind of blows the idea of “Private Message”.

Big Brother is alive and well.

I’ll post recommendations on PMs anyway. I really don’t care if I get banned anymore.

Steve

Frankie the Fink 07-13-2022 7:05pm

I still read the CF threads once in a while even after my lifetime ban - there are some folks seriously messing up their cars because of the bad advice after the folks that actually know something have departed. Its hard to see sometimes...

Don Rickles 07-13-2022 7:29pm

The Barn, is hands down the best moderated forum I've found!
:yesnod:

MadInNc 07-13-2022 7:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1970786)
The Barn, is hands down the best moderated forum I've found!
:yesnod:

STFU!

... and ya can say that wo band camp :rofl:

Youwish2bme aka HITCH 09-22-2022 5:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1970803)
STFU!

... and ya can say that wo band camp :rofl:

You can say that again!!!

JAG66 09-23-2022 9:39pm

Jeff Garner coming over after 23 years on another forum. I recognize a lot of the old, knowledgeable guys on this thread. :seasix:

Youwish2bme aka HITCH 09-24-2022 5:45pm

Well Vettebuyer6369 got me this week 20+ years on the forum, donated to help build it before IB bought it, contributed tons and got banned without even a conversation. Oh well their loss not mine. I learned a lot in that 20 years.

HITCH

RatDog 09-24-2022 5:51pm

Welcome, Hitch. Good to see you over here. All of the long-time CF members are seeking shelter here.

I was never banned but I was given too many trips to the woodshed for silly stuff and couldn’t take walking on eggshells anymore.

Take care,
Steve

SJW 09-25-2022 9:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG66 (Post 1992716)
Jeff Garner coming over after 23 years on another forum. I recognize a lot of the old, knowledgeable guys on this thread. :seasix:

Welcome aboard, Jeff. Nice to have you here.

Live well,

SJW

Harps 09-30-2022 2:20pm

Good to see some familiar friends and names here. I just joined after hearing about some of the recent bans.

Aerovette 09-30-2022 3:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatDog (Post 1970713)
Wow, I had no idea they could see PMs! That kind of blows the idea of “Private Message”.

Big Brother is alive and well.

I’ll post recommendations on PMs anyway. I really don’t care if I get banned anymore.

Steve

They tell two people that are arguing to take it to PM...then they monitor the PM and drop the hammer(s).

SJW 10-01-2022 1:08pm

Welcome aboard, Harps.

:cert:

Live well,

SJW

AUTOHOLIC 03-26-2023 9:49pm

Well, 68hemi on CF here now after messaging with GTOguy. I had never heard of this forum.
Nice to see some familiar people here. DZAuto, Frankie the fink as well as others that have been invaluable @ CF.
After my last TWO month vacation on CF and threaten with a permeant ban I thought I should seek refuge here.
As always I hope to learn here and offer help when I can. :seasix:

Uncle427 06-09-2023 12:27pm

Uncle427 here from cf, just found this, hopefully better than the other. I stopped sharing anything there loooooong ago.