The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rainbow Bridge thread (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119146)

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 11-07-2019 4:11am

Sorry for your loss.It never, ever gets easier.
:angel:

DJ_Critterus 12-05-2019 12:04pm

I had to say good bye to my Sir Snarls Barkley a couple of months ago. old man lived to be 10.5 years old. That Great Dane was my spoiled boy :(

LilRedCorvette 12-05-2019 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1688695)
I had to say good bye to my Sir Snarls Barkley a couple of months ago. old man lived to be 10.5 years old. That Great Dane was my spoiled boy :(

So sorry to hear of your loss :sadangel: fantastic age for a Great Dane with no doubt in my mind because of the TLC you gave him :yesnod: :seasix: although it's never, ever long enough. :nonod:

Old Ben 12-13-2019 4:20pm

1 Attachment(s)
Lost my buddy of ten years earlier this year. Miss him and still get a lump in my throat when thinking about him.

Attachment 34439

LilRedCorvette 12-14-2019 1:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1693071)
Lost my buddy of ten years earlier this year. Miss him and still get a lump in my throat when thinking about him.

Attachment 34439

So sorry to hear, it's never easy :( I do love the way his paws are crossed in that photo, he looks so distinguished :yesnod:

Old Ben 12-14-2019 6:31pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette (Post 1693545)
So sorry to hear, it's never easy :( I do love the way his paws are crossed in that photo, he looks so distinguished :yesnod:

Thanks. He crossed his paws whenever he laid down. His baby half sister has started getting close. She was a little standoffish before.

Here is her 'Why haven't you fed me yet' look.

Attachment 34547

LilRedCorvette 12-15-2019 1:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1693950)
Thanks. He crossed his paws whenever he laid down. His baby half sister has started getting close. She was a little standoffish before.

Here is her 'Why haven't you fed me yet' look.

Attachment 34547

Awwwwwww, she's as cute as a button! Glad she's getting closer to you, am sure that will be a comfort :yesnod: :angel:

A/E 01-03-2020 4:50am

2 Attachment(s)
Lost my 16 and a half year old Pie.

Deaf, Hernia, going blind, Heart Murmur, Tumor, Short of many Teeth, and Arthritis all contributed to here diminished final days.

Such as Normal Cat. No weird stuff, just a constant companion like a dog.
Always there. Part of the Family.

Attachment 36049

While were at it...

2 months ago to the day lost 15 an a half year old Cookie.

Hyperthyroidism got the best of her despite treating it with meds for over a year.

Attachment 36050

Cookie was skittish and never showed up near strangers, but was so affectionate and a heck of cuddler when she wanted to be.

First time without a Pet in the house.
No Kitty Litter to Scoop on daily basis.
No Meowing, Purring, or Brushes up against the leg this morning.
It's empty.

LilRedCorvette 01-03-2020 11:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by A/E (Post 1708558)
Lost my 16 and a half year old Pie.

Deaf, Hernia, going blind, Heart Murmur, Tumor, Short of many Teeth, and Arthritis all contributed to here diminished final days.

Such as Normal Cat. No weird stuff, just a constant companion like a dog.
Always there. Part of the Family.

Attachment 36049

While were at it...

2 months ago to the day lost 15 an a half year old Cookie.

Hyperthyroidism got the best of her despite treating it with meds for over a year.

Attachment 36050

Cookie was skittish and never showed up near strangers, but was so affectionate and a heck of cuddler when she wanted to be.

First time without a Pet in the house.
No Kitty Litter to Scoop on daily basis.
No Meowing, Purring, or Brushes up against the leg this morning.
It's empty.

So sorry for your losses...I know the sudden silence of the house can be tough at times. :(

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 01-10-2020 8:45pm

My condolences for your loss.

Never easy. They were loved and cared for.:angel:

LilRedCorvette 05-03-2020 1:38pm

1 Attachment(s)
In memory of Cosmo, a throwback photo of him at ~age 5. :angel:

Today marks a year and a half since his passing...the pain never goes away, you just learn to live with it.

LilRedCorvette 05-07-2020 9:05pm

Someone sent this to me today, just thought I'd share...an interesting read, FWIW:

http://www.theanimalstellme.com/blog...ets-in-spirit/

Aerovette 05-07-2020 11:13pm

I still talk to my dog's pictures now and then, or touch them. Just to say I am thinking of them.

snide 05-27-2020 3:07pm

We lost Salem, our black cat, today. He was round 7 when we adopted him 7 or 8 years ago. :sadangel:

LilRedCorvette 06-04-2020 8:27pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1769811)
We lost Salem, our black cat, today. He was round 7 when we adopted him 7 or 8 years ago. :sadangel:

Very sorry for your loss...it hurts, I know. :(

Today is the 1 year 'Unhappy Anniversary' of Clara's passing, Cosmo's sister. I went and placed a rock on the pet rock memorial pile on a local trail here, alongside Cosmo's. Tough day, but I found beauty in it. :yesnod:

Aerovette 06-04-2020 9:15pm

Quote:

Full life. Sorry for your loss. I have a few kitty cats waiting for Salem on the other side. Max, Blue, and Ellie.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 06-17-2020 12:30am

Quote:

Sorry for your loss. We have a little black kitty who's 14 today.
We just adore her. Some arthritis and bowel issues showed up.
Not looking forward to losing her someday but enjoying her everyday until
then is the best thing for us all.

LilRedCorvette 06-25-2020 9:38pm

Someone in our online pet loss support chat group posted this recently as something they are doing to document/capture memories of their pet, just thought I'd share it here as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Remembran...p;qid=&sr=

Have met lots of wonderful pet parents, all with helpful ideas on navigating pet grief. As difficult a process as it has been, I am glad to now be able to help some of the newcomers through fresher losses...it all comes full circle, and paying it forward is good for oneself also. :yesnod:

LilRedCorvette 08-16-2020 10:52pm

8/16

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Birthday, Clara...you are still loved and missed.

LilRedCorvette 09-17-2020 8:41pm

9/17

1 Attachment(s)
Today was Cosmo's birthday, he would have been 14 today...here's a throwback birthday steak photo from when he was 7. :angel: