The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   If You're Only Gonna Watch ONE Music Video Today, It Should be This One (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118785)

Bill 02-27-2019 9:34pm

If You're Only Gonna Watch ONE Music Video Today, It Should be This One

Blue Man Group is entertaining, but this young lady has some chops. She can sing!

MEANZ06 02-27-2019 9:56pm

Groovy man! :seasix:

Wathen1955 02-27-2019 11:20pm

Seen them a few times in Vegas. They always put on a good show.

Mike Mercury 02-28-2019 8:45am

one of their best songs IMO.

I Feel Love is a groundbreaking song; Donna Summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by from Wikipee
"I Feel Love" is a song by American recording artist Donna Summer, produced by Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte. The song became popular during the disco period and is widely credited as "one of the most influential records ever made", originating electronic dance music.

Before "I Feel Love", most disco recordings were backed by orchestras. Instead, the team produced "I Feel Love" with a Moog Modular 3P synthesizer borrowed from the classical composer Eberhard Schoener, aided by Schoener's assistant, Robby Wedel. Wedel proved essential for using the technically complex synthesizer, and Moroder described him as the "unsung hero" of the project. He demonstrated how to synchronize the song's various elements using an internal click track, a feat Moroder described as "a revelation".

The song was recorded on a 16-track tape recorder, with the various parts played on a sequencer. As the Moog went out of tune quickly, it had to be recorded in bursts of twenty or thirty seconds before being retuned. To create the hi-hat sound, the team took white noise generated by the Moog and processed it with an envelope. As the Moog could not create an appropriate kick drum sound, the kick was played on a drum kit by session drummer Keith Forsey. Aside from Summer's vocals, the kick drum is the only element of the song not played by a machine.

According to David Bowie, then in the middle of recording of his Berlin Trilogy with Brian Eno, its impact on the genre's direction was recognized early on; "One day in Berlin ... Eno came running in and said, "I have heard the sound of the future."... he puts on "I Feel Love," by Donna Summer ... He said, "This is it, look no further. This single is going to change the sound of club music for the next fifteen years." Which was more or less right."

erickpl 02-28-2019 10:08am

Venus Hum did the original vocals for that BMG version. Annette Strean is the singer you see there.

Defib1961 02-28-2019 11:14am

I was at that show when it was filmed. Trust me, the video doesn't do the live performance justice. Easily the most entertaining concert I have ever been to. :seasix::seasix::seasix:

ZipZap 02-28-2019 6:13pm

That was from the BMG theater in the Venetian. Saw that version show there but it's been almost ten years.

Don't know what show they're running now at the Luxor. Every time I've seen them, their backing band has been phenomenal.

JRD77VET 02-28-2019 8:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickpl (Post 1660481)
Venus Hum did the original vocals for that BMG version. Annette Strean is the singer you see there.

:skep:

The entire group ( she was in ) was Venus Hum and Annette Strean was the lead singer. :yesnod:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_Hum

snide 02-28-2019 9:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1660511)
That was from the BMG theater in the Venetian. Saw that version show there but it's been almost ten years.

Don't know what show they're running now at the Luxor. Every time I've seen them, their backing band has been phenomenal.

:withstupid: I've seen them twice, in Boston, and they were great each time.

Lakeside49 03-02-2019 8:52am

Wow - what a piece of work. Her voice was incredible. And, the lighted dress is over the top! Interesting (Mike) about the leading edge technology of the time. Not sure that anyone could top this version. My wife and I saw their show at the Luxor 2 1/2 years ago. Was all excited but left unimpressed and disappointed with it. Partly because uncaring parents were letting their kids go tribal - jumping on the seats, bumping me and non-stop screaming even during the parts that were supposed to be quiet for effect.
This video gives a glimpse of how awesome it could be. Thanks for sharing!!