The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tool: first new album in 13 years (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119995)

simpleman68 08-09-2019 9:44pm

Tool: first new album in 13 years

Just released first single. :seasix:

Aug 30 for full album release.
Scott

snide 08-10-2019 12:01am

Sounds the same as all their other stuff. :shrug:

mrvette 08-10-2019 2:54am

I not listened to pop 'music' for over 20 years now, that is a good example of WHY......:kimblair::leaving::issues:

Y2Kvert4me 08-10-2019 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1680479)
I not listened to pop 'music' for over 20 years now, that is a good example of WHY......:kimblair::leaving::issues:

This isn't even close to pop music, so not a good example at all. :Jeff '79:

My take on this song....There's no mistaking it for anything other than a Tool song, and that's a VERY good thing. However, it would be every bit as awesome as an instrumental track. It's so solid musically, I feel the vocals actually detract from it. It's like APC Maynard filled in for Tool Maynard on this one, best way I can describe it. :island14:
Of course I know it's the same Maynard, point being is the two bands do have a decidedly different sound. Kinda like the difference between Stone Sour and Slipknot.

Definitely looking forward to hearing the other 6 tracks at the end of the month. I doubt I'll be disappointed, but also know chances are slim it could ever eclipse the masterpiece that is Lateralus.

:cert:

Bill 08-10-2019 1:10pm

simpleman68 08-10-2019 2:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1680479)

I can understand you not digging it but they are very skilled musicians and the writing is exceptional. Check some of the lyrics if you're bored sometime, they are insightful and philosophical ( at times )

About the farthest you can get from pop.

The other thing I appreciate about their music is it is some of the best production work out there. From recording to mastering, great attention is paid to detail and they don't jack the gain like most modern day artists.

Scott

simpleman68 08-10-2019 2:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1680540)

:lol::lol: I'm sure it's a bit funnier in Engrish.
Scott

markids77 08-10-2019 9:28pm

I suspect none of their instruments have strings, skin or wood. Sounds completely electronic, and not my style at all. I made it to 2:31 and won't need to hear anything else.

bsmith 08-10-2019 9:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1680572)
I suspect none of their instruments have strings, skin or wood. Sounds completely electronic, and not my style at all. I made it to 2:31 and won't need to hear anything else.

Incorrect.

I bet I listened to the first single ten times in the first two days.
Almost pre-ordered the physical disc for $45. : leaving:

markids77 08-10-2019 9:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1680573)
Incorrect.

We can definitely agree to disagree.

bsmith 08-10-2019 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1680574)
We can definitely agree to disagree.

On whether we like it...sure.
But I saw them live a couple months ago and can confirm that they play instruments.

https://www.omaha.com/go/music/photo...e10314fb1.html

snide 08-11-2019 8:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1680573)
Incorrect.

The "album" is not just a physical disk. It includes a video player to view the videos that come with the "album".

bsmith 08-11-2019 5:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1680583)
The "album" is not just a physical disk. It includes a video player to view the videos that come with the "album".

Yup... And it would sit in a drawer somewhere. :lol:

snide 08-11-2019 7:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1680624)
Yup... And it would sit in a drawer somewhere. :lol:

And then be useless when the proprietary batteries die. :D

Y2Kvert4me 08-28-2019 2:34pm

Full album has been leaked. :cool1:

Not gonna post it up publicly, but for anyone interested, I have the 195mb zip (7 songs, 320kbs mp3 format) available for download. PM me for link.

The last song, 7empest, is particularly outstanding. Kinda seems like a "Best of Tool", incorporating distinctive sounds from all of their previous albums and compiled into one (long) song...16 mins of pure awesomeness. :seasix:
I just hope the title isn't a hint this will be their swan song.

Barn Babe 08-28-2019 2:43pm

Do you mean that 10 minute audio wallpaper they call a song? Sick of it already. :ack:

edit: Sorry if that's harsh, it's been a rough day. :leaving:

Chuck A 08-28-2019 3:21pm

They are a psychedelic band
very good, indeed

Jeff '79 08-28-2019 4:48pm

TOOL is amazing in concert and yes, they are a band with drums, guitars, bass, and vocals.
On a side note, when I went to Sedona this past spring, we visited Jerome.
It is a ghost town where Maynard owns a few stores, a gallery, and his tasting room for his winery.. He designs the wine and it is really very good, but expensive.
He is a true artist judging by his art, his wine, his music, and his lifestyle.
It was like entering into bizarro world in Jerom Arizona.....
On another side note, my friend worked for the arena. Tool required a room with a large circle of chairs for after the concert. Let's just say that they weren't shy about inviting a ton of groupies and having an actual orgy. They moved from one to another, so my buddy says.
I was at that concert too.
I can't believe that it was that long ago.
Set List:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/...-4bd40bf6.html

I'm looking forward to another sonic "acid trip" that TOOL can provide without actually dropping. :D

Jeff '79 08-29-2019 6:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 1682056)
Full album has been leaked. :cool1:

Not gonna post it up publicly, but for anyone interested, I have the 195mb zip (7 songs, 320kbs mp3 format) available for download. PM me for link.

The last song, 7empest, is particularly outstanding. Kinda seems like a "Best of Tool", incorporating distinctive sounds from all of their previous albums and compiled into one (long) song...16 mins of pure awesomeness. :seasix:
I just hope the title isn't a hint this will be their swan song.

Sounds great from where I sit. I'm loving it.... Finally

Thanks Tom ! :cert:

snide 08-29-2019 8:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1682075)
TOOL is amazing in concert and yes, they are a band with drums, guitars, bass, and vocals.
On a side note, when I went to Sedona this past spring, we visited Jerome.
It is a ghost town where Maynard owns a few stores, a gallery, and his tasting room for his winery.. He designs the wine and it is really very good, but expensive.
He is a true artist judging by his art, his wine, his music, and his lifestyle.
It was like entering into bizarro world in Jerom Arizona.....
On another side note, my friend worked for the arena. Tool required a room with a large circle of chairs for after the concert. Let's just say that they weren't shy about inviting a ton of groupies and having an actual orgy. They moved from one to another, so my buddy says.
I was at that concert too.
I can't believe that it was that long ago.
Set List:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/...-4bd40bf6.html

I'm looking forward to another sonic "acid trip" that TOOL can provide without actually dropping. :D

Sooooo, how many band members did you have sex with? :bigears: