The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I’m in trouble (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123566)

SnikPlosskin 09-08-2020 7:36pm

Well **** me. The earliest they can get me in is the 16th. I have to go another eight days like this. I’m not sure I’ll make it without an ugly trip to the ER. I will try.

Somehow I have to find the strength to work. I can’t take off two more weeks. I was hoping to go visit my mom, but that’s out. Sigh.:kick:

JRD77VET 09-08-2020 7:37pm

More prayers for you :angel:

BOTY 09-08-2020 8:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1803344)
I bet you won't either Pete. I look forward to hearing of the good news of relief and great prognosis.

:iagree:

Rikki Z-06 09-08-2020 8:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1803915)

:withstupid:

:angel:

LisaJohn 09-08-2020 9:01pm

Call the dr office 2-3 times a day and politely ask if there have been any cancellations.

Bill 09-08-2020 9:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1803933)
Call the dr office 2-3 times a day and politely ask if there have been any cancellations.

Maybe just call once a day though. After the first day, they'll know who you are and why you're calling. :waiting:

SnikPlosskin 09-08-2020 9:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1803933)

Good idea. The doctor actually called me personally. He was apologetic and knows I’m hurting. But he said it would be rare to get kidney damage. Of course he said the surgery was a one and done deal. I really don’t believe any doctors anymore.

This has truly been a living hell. One surgery turned into four to fix mistake after mistake.

First surgery - emergency resection
Second - the incision caused a hernia
During the hernia repair, a nurse bludgeoned me with a cath - had cath for 2 weeks
Third - Then a urologist did a ballon expansion that only lasted three months - had cath for 2 weeks
Fourth surgery - Next a complete reconstruction - cath for 30 days
This is number five. Cath for 4 days

During this time I’ve had three procedures akin to a colonoscopy to expand my small intestine. Two enteroscopies, 2 CAT scans, three MRI’S, plus two ER trips, 18 chemo treatments, 52 IV fluid sessions, 12 iron infusions 125ish injections and too many labs to count.

I’ve never shared this with anyone. I just hide it.

And to think, I never had surgery before all this. WTF. This is seriously getting tiring.

To add insult to injury, my wife can’t accompany me because COVID. funny, I never thought it was needed to have her there. Now I could use the support.

I’m sorry to bitch. I know many have it worse. I’m getting to my wits end. There must be an end to this somehow but none in sight right now.

snide 09-08-2020 9:36pm

Pete, take your wife with you anyway. Insist she go in with you. Really insist. :angel:

Vandelay Industries 09-08-2020 9:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1803945)
Pete, take your wife with you anyway. Insist she go in with you. Really insist. :angel:

:iagree: I've had to deal with this kind of situation too many times over the last few months. Insist or TELL them that your wife is going to accompany you. Really kind of sick of dealing with that kind of shit when you're just trying to advocate for the care of a family member.

SnikPlosskin 09-09-2020 11:51am

1 Attachment(s)
Does this mask make my face look fat?

JetMechZ16 09-09-2020 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804072)

I think it's more of the fat making your face look fat.:leaving:

Bill 09-09-2020 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804072)

Can we assume you got worked in and are going to be going under the knife today? Good luck, I'm certain lots of VB miscreants will be praying that all goes well, including me.

SnikPlosskin 09-09-2020 8:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1804082)
Can we assume you got worked in and are going to be going under the knife today? Good luck, I'm certain lots of VB miscreants will be praying that all goes well, including me.

Nope. Chemo and iron infusion. Still hoping this ordeal is cut short. So to speak.

Rikki Z-06 09-09-2020 8:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804219)
Nope. Chemo and iron infusion. Still hoping this ordeal is cut short. So to speak.

:sadangel:

RMVette 09-10-2020 6:15am

:sadangel:

Hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Black94lt1 09-12-2020 3:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1803173)
Hard to say anything without it sounding like a worn out cliche. Still; keep fighting. The alternative is no good. No good at all.

Agreed, in times like this it is often tough to come up with the right words, but know we are all praying for you Pete

SnikPlosskin 09-12-2020 10:33am

It might be cliched’ but it does help. Honestly the thought of giving up crosses my mind regularly. But I am not really wired for giving up. There must be a limit to how much one can endure. I think if I were single, the equation might be different. But people I love rely on me. I will walk through fire for them.

I have this creeping feeling that if there is widespread civil unrest, people like me won’t survive it. The treatments I need are drugs that require special handling, refrigeration, mixing by a pharmacist, IV pumps. It also must be used within hours of mixing. It comes as a powder that needs refrigeration. It is only made in one facility by one manufacturer.

Lately Ive seen shortages of regular drugs. It’s just a matter of time. I suppose that’s why I’m up for the fight. If I go down, I’m taking some commie mother****ers with me.

I’m doing everything I can to get fit for battle conditions. Whether it happens or not. From upping hormone replacement, working out, heat conditioning, 7K ruck marches with 45 lbs of gear, specialized tactical training, Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), I’m FEMA certified as first responder (this makes it so the local police have no authority over me in a disaster scenario) Radio operator (getting license this month)...etc.

I have to get whatever is ****ed up fixed in this case I don’t have a choice. We are in for a rough ride and I believe our way of life is at extreme risk. Even though I’m old and broken down, I am mustering everything I’ve got to serve this great nation.

It’s the reason I do anything these days - an overwhelming sense of duty and purpose. That’s my version of not giving up. Far too many are willing to sit on the sidelines. I can’t share too much here, but let’s just say my work in this area isn’t casual.

ThePirate 09-12-2020 11:21am

You can do it, Pete.

MadInNc 09-12-2020 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804942)
It might be cliched’ but it does help. Honestly the thought of giving up crosses my mind regularly. But I am not really wired for giving up. There must be a limit to how much one can endure. I think if I were single, the equation might be different. But people I love rely on me. I will walk through fire for them.

I have this creeping feeling that if there is widespread civil unrest, people like me won’t survive it. The treatments I need are drugs that require special handling, refrigeration, mixing by a pharmacist, IV pumps. It also must be used within hours of mixing. It comes as a powder that needs refrigeration. It is only made in one facility by one manufacturer.

Lately Ive seen shortages of regular drugs. It’s just a matter of time. I suppose that’s why I’m up for the fight. If I go down, I’m taking some commie mother****ers with me.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...hat.jpghttp://

I’m doing everything I can to get fit for battle conditions. Whether it happens or not. From upping hormone replacement, working out, heat conditioning, 7K ruck marches with 45 lbs of gear, specialized tactical training, Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), I’m FEMA certified as first responder (this makes it so the local police have no authority over me in a disaster scenario) Radio operator (getting license this month)...etc.

I have to get whatever is ****ed up fixed in this case I don’t have a choice. We are in for a rough ride and I believe our way of life is at extreme risk. Even though I’m old and broken down, I am mustering everything I’ve got to serve this great nation.

It’s the reason I do anything these days - an overwhelming sense of duty and purpose. That’s my version of not giving up. Far too many are willing to sit on the sidelines. I can’t share too much here, but let’s just say my work in this area isn’t casual.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...infoil-hat.jpg

mrvette 09-12-2020 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1804968)

Yeh, I need tin foil for MY hat!!!!:issues: