The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   I’m tired of seeing an ape in heels (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103030)

Superstreet 11-16-2016 6:16am

I’m tired of seeing an ape in heels

:lol: :lol:

West Virginia mayor resigns after racist Michelle Obama Facebook post | FOX2now.com

West Virginia mayor resigns after racist Michelle Obama Facebook post

The mayor of Clay, West Virginia, has resigned and another county official is out following their exchange over a racist Facebook post that compared first lady Michelle Obama to an “ape in heels.”

The county employee, Pamela Taylor, worked as director of the Clay County Development Corporation and wrote on Facebook: “It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady in the White House. I’m tired of seeing an ape in heels,” according to a screengrab obtained by CNN affiliate WSAZ.

Mayor Beverly Whaling commented on the post saying: “Just made my day Pam,” the screengrab shows.

Clay County Commissioner Greg Fitzwater confirmed to CNN that Whaling resigned, but did not know if Taylor was terminated or resigned her post. But he said that she was no longer working for the county.

CNN has attempted to reach both Whaling and Taylor for comment and have not heard back.

By John Newsome, CNN

VITE1 11-16-2016 6:25am

I hate all the Obama's stand for but this type of comment is disgusting and they should be fired.

Superstreet 11-16-2016 6:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1516598)
I hate all the Obama's stand for but this type of comment is disgusting and they should be fired.

I agree, but it's the arrogance of posting it on FB too.

VITE1 11-16-2016 6:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstreet (Post 1516599)
I agree, but it's the arrogance of posting it on FB too.

:iagree:

How about all the Government employees and their hate filled comments about Trump? When do they get fired as well? We have thousands of cases of them going on FB and Tweeting death threats and hate filled comments about him and his family.

VatorMan 11-16-2016 6:41am

Quote:

:iagree: Now that's a TRUE deplorable action. I'm glad it had proper consequences.

WalkerInTN 11-16-2016 6:53am

Yet another dumbass gets in trouble for something they posted on facebook. :funnier:

04 commemorative 11-16-2016 8:26am

Agree

Iron Chef 11-16-2016 9:15am

More proof that you can't legislate away racism.

OddBall 11-16-2016 9:23am

I have never been a fan of attacking the first lady. Any of them, I just think it's crude.
However, watch how many crude, racist remarks will be aimed at Melania by folks that are holding some sort of official status, and nothing will be done about it.

Iron Chef 11-16-2016 9:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1516645)
I have never been a fan of attacking the first lady. Any of them, I just think it's crude.
However, watch how many crude, racist remarks will be aimed at Melania by folks that are holding some sort of official status, and nothing will be done about it.

:iagree:

I saw some douchebag protester holding up a sign that said "Rape Melania"

Has he been arrested? Has his life been ruined? I'm betting not.

04 commemorative 11-16-2016 9:32am

She will be on the ballot soon,mark my words.

Aerovette 11-16-2016 9:53am

If your double standards have a double standard, does that put all things back to equal? :Jeff '79:

Mike Mercury 11-16-2016 10:09am

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3uR9hHbsiiY/maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.dailyfailcentral.com/site...e71993ff6a.jpg

Aerovette 11-16-2016 11:46am

Quote:

I don't take issue with it actually. Maybe it depends on how it was intended. If it was intended racially, yeah, no class at all. If it was simply an appearance commentary, while not real nice, it is what it is which is just words. I have often compared her to Chewbacca. Just my opinion. Wouldn't matter if she was green.

lspencer534 11-16-2016 11:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1516645)

We shall see, we shall see.

boracayjohnny 11-16-2016 3:19pm

I'm absolutely not a fan of that lady residing at 1600 Penn. Yet, the mayor did go across the line.

Aerovette 11-16-2016 3:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1516748)
I'm absolutely not a fan of that lady residing at 1600 Penn. Yet, the mayor did go across the line.

Isn't the mayor the one that said "Just made my day Pam" ?

I mean, she acknowledged the other person's post and simply saw the humor in it. We can now be chastised for finding someone else's comments not offensive to us?

simpleman68 11-16-2016 4:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1516751)
Isn't the mayor the one that said "Just made my day Pam" ?

I mean, she acknowledged the other person's post and simply saw the humor in it. We can now be chastised for finding someone else's comments not offensive to us?

And the mayor should have had a lick of common sense, decency etc to stop that in its tracks and be professional about it.
How damn stupid do you have to be to condone such an ugly post?

Of course CNN gets a full pass on twisting it to appear that the mayor actually wrote the post. :spdchk:
Scott

ApexOversteer 11-16-2016 5:05pm

Oh, PHEW....

I thought this was about the new Kong: Skull Island movie trailer... I was prepared to be all butthurt...