The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Y'all are gonna laugh... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121632)

73sbVert 02-11-2020 9:36pm

Y'all are gonna laugh...

but for the last 3 weeks, I've been on a plant-based diet. I LOVE burgers, and steak, and such, but have to say, this is not a hard decision.
I figure if I can stay 80-85% or so vegan, I'm going to be so much better off.

If you have any doubts, please watch "Game Changers" (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) and if you can, "What the Health".

Whoah!

I'm not giving up my Traeger, and still going to eat _some_ meat, but for the life of me, I'm going to stay doing this.

:cert:

Anjdog2003 02-11-2020 9:48pm

Laugh

MrPeabody 02-11-2020 9:49pm

:rofl::leaving:

higgyburners 02-11-2020 10:00pm

:rofl:

JRD77VET 02-11-2020 10:14pm

Whatever floats your boat :cert:

Just make sure you don't eat too much of the food my food eats :D

:lol:

Cool 50th AE 02-11-2020 10:18pm

Good food is good food. Animal or vegetable.

That Netflix movie is propaganda funded by Greta and friends.

You know why clueless people swear by their new veggie diet?
Its because the only diet they have to compare it to is the shit foods they have been consuming their whole lives.

Anyone will feel better switching from processed foods to a good diet.

People eating a diet consisting of as much healthy animal sourced foods as possible will never say they feel better on a veggie only diet.

Edit. Just saw the OP is a mod.
Don’t ban me like that savewave dork

Steve_R 02-11-2020 10:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool 50th AE (Post 1729574)

Its because the only diet they have to compare it to is the shit foods they have been consuming their whole lives.

People eating a diet consisting of as much healthy animal sourced foods as possible will never say they feel better on a veggie only diet.

Who are you and what have you done with Kewl Fiddy? :fingertap:

Mike Mercury 02-12-2020 12:00am

I recently tried an Impossible Whopper; quite surprised how good it tasted. Oh, it is a little different from a beef whopper... but every bit as tasty IMO.

outrunm 02-12-2020 12:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73sbVert (Post 1729562)
but for the last 3 weeks, I've been on a plant-based diet. I LOVE burgers, and steak, and such, but have to say, this is not a hard decision.
I figure if I can stay 80-85% or so vegan, I'm going to be so much better off.

If you have any doubts, please watch "Game Changers" (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) and if you can, "What the Health".

Whoah!

I'm not giving up my Traeger, and still going to eat _some_ meat, but for the life of me, I'm going to stay doing this.

Awesome. Add Forks Over Knives to your viewing list. That's what helped chang my habits along with my father's stroke. :yesnod:

Millenium Vette 02-12-2020 12:38am

There is so much contradicting information on what is the best diet that I don't know what is truly the best diet. And I've been studying this stuff for 22 years, ever since I attended "heart-smart" classes with my mother after she almost died from a heart attack in the spring of 1998. I remember reading the dietary sheets on what is good and what is bad that they gave her at the hospital. It said eggs were a no-no and would kill you. However, red licorice was great to eat because it had zero fat. M-kay, I didn't know much at the time but that didn't sound logical to me. I have been learning ever since and have kept an open mind.

The ONE thing I have learned beyond a doubt is that sugar, in any form, is bad. It is also hard to avoid unless one stays away from processed foods. So I tend to avoid processed foods. Almost anything that says light or low fat has more sugar than its regular counterpart so might as well go for the real thing.

Whether vegetarian or otherwise, as was mentioned earlier here, just not eating shitty food will make one feel better.

Thunder22 02-12-2020 1:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1729595)
I recently tried an Impossible Whopper; quite surprised how good it tasted. Oh, it is a little different from a beef whopper... but every bit as tasty IMO.

Fine, but did it give you the shits like a real Whopper?

Aerovette 02-12-2020 1:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1729597)
There is so much contradicting information on what is the best diet that I don't know what is truly the best diet. And I've been studying this stuff for 22 years, ever since I attended "heart-smart" classes with my mother after she almost died from a heart attack in the spring of 1998. I remember reading the dietary sheets on what is good and what is bad that they gave her at the hospital. It said eggs were a no-no and would kill you. However, red licorice was great to eat because it had zero fat. M-kay, I didn't know much at the time but that didn't sound logical to me. I have been learning ever since and have kept an open mind.

The ONE thing I have learned beyond a doubt is that sugar, in any form, is bad. It is also hard to avoid unless one stays away from processed foods. So I tend to avoid processed foods. Almost anything that says light or low fat has more sugar than its regular counterpart so might as well go for the real thing.

Whether vegetarian or otherwise, as was mentioned earlier here, just not eating shitty food will make one feel better.

Sugar = Poison

I'm addicted to poison apparently.

I feel so much better when I stop taking it in, But I feel temporarily GREAT when I eat it.

FLEXjs 02-12-2020 6:02am

Quote:

Truth ^^^

Also that is the first well-written and coherent post I've ever read from you. :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1729577)
Who are you and what have you done with Kewl Fiddy? :fingertap:

:iagree: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1729595)

I don't understand not wanting to eat meet then eating something that is so over-processed and full of crap in order to imitate meat.

Google the ingredients of the impossible burger versus dog food. Blech.

A/E 02-12-2020 6:04am

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 38983

Meat from a Late Night Drive In / Thru Vendor is what Evolved Man

Attachment 38984

Don't mess with the Evolutionary Path :slap:

Rob 02-12-2020 8:10am

Quote:

Edit. Just saw the OP is a mod.
Don’t ban me like that savewave dork

:rofl: :dixie::rofl::dixie:

MadInNc 02-12-2020 10:13am

1 Attachment(s)
Just saw this.... truth

DJ_Critterus 02-12-2020 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1729669)
Just saw this.... truth

I chortled at this and the OP.

Mostly vegetarian diet, huh? He better pay attention in art class because paint isn't the only thing he's going to be getting in the can.