The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My theory on current Covid stats (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126471)

Aerovette 07-31-2021 1:02am

My theory on current Covid stats

Imagine before the vaccine that infected people were grouped like this...

3% died
12% were hospitalized
80% felt very ill and stayed in bed or isolated
5% asymptomatic and went about their business and inadvertently spread covid

Now what happens when you vaccinate...

3% are hospitalized (that would have died)
12% are very ill and stay in bed and isolate (that would have been hospitalized)
80% are asymptomatic and feel great as they spread covid everywhere (that would have been sick and stayed home)
5% never catch it (that would have been asymptomatic)

The vaccine simply shifted all the categories DOWN and created a more dangerous situation. It is no wonder the unvaccinated are getting sick. It is because people that would normally have isolated, now feel great and protected...while spreading the infection.

ZipZap 07-31-2021 1:08am

I got the jab. It is no longer my job to protect those who did not. I understand that there are some who can't be vaccinated, but those numbers are so small that you can't expect the entire population to be shut down (again) to protect them. Think about all the kids with autoimmune disease. Government didn't give a shit about them before CV-19.

Aerovette 07-31-2021 11:52am

I don't care who got it. I don't care who didn't get it.

Neither should the government.

Stangkiller 07-31-2021 2:07pm

I got it, never missed a day of work…then got paid 3k to join a medical study and got free treatment, even though my symptoms were mild, they certainly stayed that way after receiving the monoclonal antibodies. Got the jab too just for kicks. Not sure why we shut the whole world down over something so survivable.

DAB 07-31-2021 2:16pm

per a story yesterday, 164M have been given a shot. what happened to "herd immunity" talk? when a certain percentage of a population have either had it, and have natural immunity, or have gotten a preventative vaccine, then the chances of others getting it go WAY down, and we can move on with life.?

and question for Joe: are you giving the vaccine to everyone caught crossing our border? if not, why not? you have them under your control, do what you want with them before setting them free.

Dan47 07-31-2021 2:47pm

I think this whole affair has more to do with our financial / monetary system which appears to be failing. Neverminding obvious schemes such as S.S., there are simply too many financial promises made that cannot be delivered on.

FWIW, our current system came into existence with the Nixon Shock in 1971.

Rodnok1 07-31-2021 3:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1901432)
per a story yesterday, 164M have been given a shot. what happened to "herd immunity" talk? when a certain percentage of a population have either had it, and have natural immunity, or have gotten a preventative vaccine, then the chances of others getting it go WAY down, and we can move on with life.?

and question for Joe: are you giving the vaccine to everyone caught crossing our border? if not, why not? you have them under your control, do what you want with them before setting them free.

Not enough people have received vacinne and those that did can still catch and spread it regardless. So even if we achieve "herd" numbers it's not going to stop the spread just lessen the number who die.
Heard they're talking about vacinne for those caught coming across the border.

Aerovette 07-31-2021 4:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1901449)
Not enough people have received vacinne and those that did can still catch and spread it regardless. So even if we achieve "herd" numbers it's not going to stop the spread just lessen the number who die.

Is it a .22 injection? :mad:

DAB 07-31-2021 6:13pm

Quote:

their messaging has sucked so far.

they have to bribe people to take the shot. why? they don't bribe me to eat kale. :slap:

ratflinger 07-31-2021 10:11pm

Quote:

1.8 million too late

Bill 07-31-2021 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1901428)
I got it, never missed a day of work…then got paid 3k to join a medical study and got free treatment, even though my symptoms were mild, they certainly stayed that way after receiving the monoclonal antibodies. Got the jab too just for kicks. Not sure why we shut the whole world down over something so survivable.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HMUHGAc4m...-snatchers.jpg

Dan47 08-01-2021 7:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1901521)

:lol:

zeek 08-01-2021 8:39am

The hype will stay with us at least until after the '22 elections. The dems cant win with out it. They need all those "mail in votes" to manipulate the election results....:yesnod:

Raazor 08-01-2021 9:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1901575)
The hype will stay with us at least until after the '22 elections. The dems cant win with out it. They need all those "mail in votes" to manipulate the election results....:yesnod:

Way longer than that. This shit ain't goin away!:eek: