The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   bike (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35219)

Kerrmudgeon 02-03-2013 2:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 875848)
been watching some isle of man videos, come on summer the zx14 is ready, post pics of your bikes, i bet you guys are sick of winter also

Hey Charles, is your hand going to be able to function well enough for riding?:(

Chuck A 02-03-2013 2:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 78SA (Post 875857)
Too many idiots out there that don't watch out for bikers. :sadangel:

:iagree:a lot of dumbasses , but kerry its also the guys on the bikes who act like idiots also :yesnod:

78SA 02-03-2013 2:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 875865)
:iagree:a lot of dumbasses , but kerry its also the guys on the bikes who act like idiots also :yesnod:

True but I don't get one because of the idiots in cars and trucks. :lol:

Chuck A 02-03-2013 2:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 875858)
Hey Charles, is your hand going to be able to function well enough for riding?:(

not really sure, i sat on the bike and tested it , i can move the throttle and also handle the brake, but this will need to be tested when i actually have the bike on the road, i tested the bike while it wasnt moving , i am really hoping so, i really hate to get rid of the bikes, but soon i can actually give you the answer

Chuck A 02-03-2013 2:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 78SA (Post 875868)
True but I don't get one because of the idiots in cars and trucks. :lol:

it sucks i agree

Kerrmudgeon 02-03-2013 2:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 875873)
not really sure, i sat on the bike and tested it , i can move the throttle and also handle the brake, but this will need to be tested when i actually have the bike on the road, i tested the bike while it wasnt moving , i am really hoping so, i really hate to get rid of the bikes, but soon i can actually give you the answer

You would want it to be close to 100% for reaction time and flexibility for sure...:yesnod:

Chuck A 02-03-2013 2:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 875881)
You would want it to be close to 100% for reaction time and flexibility for sure...:yesnod:

well i am about 60 % right now, but only time will tell, i am working on getting the fingers stronger but their is only so much they can do, and thanks for asking :seasix:

island14 02-03-2013 2:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 728584)
On a motorcycle you should be checking for loose nuts and bolts on a regular basis as a standard procedure. I once found a spark plug held in by about 2 threads :rofl:

Sometimes the loose nuts are the ones holding the handlebar

Chuck A 02-03-2013 2:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 875894)
Sometimes the loose nuts are the ones holding the handlebar

EXACTLY :rofl::lol:

Mirroredshades 02-03-2013 3:05pm

Sounds like you will at least be able to ride although probably have to take it easy.

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/...s/cruisin2.gif

Chuck A 02-03-2013 3:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirroredshades (Post 875902)
Sounds like you will at least be able to ride although probably have to take it easy.

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/...s/cruisin2.gif

Yes definetely will be able , but the speed will need to be low, because of the pull of the bike

JRD77VET 02-03-2013 6:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 875873)

Back in my early 20s, I broke the radius bone in my right arm ( next to the wrist). I had a cast covering my hand ( only the fingers stuck out) up to my armpit.

Took me two weeks to figure out I could still ride my KZ750 :D

Chuck A 02-03-2013 6:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 875989)
Back in my early 20s, I broke the radius bone in my right arm ( next to the wrist). I had a cast covering my hand ( only the fingers stuck out) up to my armpit.

Took me two weeks to figure out I could still ride my KZ750 :D

very cool, indeed

JRD77VET 02-03-2013 7:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 876003)
very cool, indeed

I had only the motorcycle as transportation. I even rode to the Dr's office on the bike. But I did leave the long sleeved shirt and helmet on the cycle :lol:

I did ride very conservatively. I highly suggest you ride extremely easy until you are very comfortable with your riding and especially with your grip strength. :yesnod:

Fastguy 02-03-2013 7:02pm

Quote:

been watching some isle of man videos, come on summer the zx14 is ready, post pics of your bikes, i bet you guys are sick of winter also

Been sneaking the bike out on every dry day I can, just need to be careful of all the salt and sand. I also notice that my tires don't grip well on cold pavement.

Chuck A 02-03-2013 7:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 876007)
I had only the motorcycle as transportation. I even rode to the Dr's office on the bike. But I did leave the long sleeved shirt and helmet on the cycle :lol:

I did ride very conservatively. I highly suggest you ride extremely easy until you are very comfortable with your riding and especially with your grip strength. :yesnod:

will do :seasix:

Chuck A 02-03-2013 7:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastguy (Post 876008)
Been sneaking the bike out on every dry day I can, just need to be careful of all the salt and sand. I also notice that my tires don't grip well on cold pavement.

:yesnod:

Fastguy 02-03-2013 7:19pm

Driving cars in competition has helped me understand just how sensitive tires are to surface temp. I have an old Yamaha with a single disc front and rear drum. The first time I took it out on a really cold day, I tried the brakes and the rear locked up really fast. I also noticed it pushes more so as long as I ride mellow, I am fine.

Chuck A 02-03-2013 7:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastguy (Post 876019)
Driving cars in competition has helped me understand just how sensitive tires are to surface temp. I have an old Yamaha with a single disc front and rear drum. The first time I took it out on a really cold day, I tried the brakes and the rear locked up really fast. I also noticed it pushes more so as long as I ride mellow, I am fine.

very cool, indeed

Torqaholic 02-04-2013 12:43am

Quote:

Worst time of the year. Garaged for months already and not close enough to riding season to look forward to.

My Valkyrie.... 1520cc - Flat 6 - 25mpg (half that in Montana :lol:).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ke/chrome2.jpg