The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Healthcare Law ruled Unconstitutional (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7207)

Exotix 01-31-2011 3:23pm

Healthcare Law ruled Unconstitutional

Florida judge rules health care law unconstitutional.

Just In

First Read - Florida judge rules health care law unconstitutional

A federal judge has ruled that the health care reform bill signed into law by President Barack Obama in March is unconstitutional.

Judge Roger Vinson, a Reagan appointee serving in Pensacola, Florida, ruled that key components of the law are unconstitutional and that the entire law "must be declared void."

Today’s decision is the second ruling by a federal judge against the constitutionality of the health care legislation. Two other federal courts have upheld the constitutionality of the law, including its requirement that most Americans buy health insurance or pay a penalty.

While the lawsuit addressed in Vinson’s ruling is the largest of its kind – with 26 states having signed on – today’s decision is likely just one more step in the law’s march to the United States Supreme Court.

But this is the biggest court victory yet for opponents of the law's requirement that all Americans by health insurance.

Florida judge strikes down Obama health care law

Florida judge strikes down Obama health care law - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

A federal judge in Florida has struck down the Obama administration's requirement that all Americans buy health insurance, and questioned the constitutionality of the entire health care law.

"I must reluctantly conclude that Congress exceeded the bounds of its authority in passing the Act with the individual mandate," wrote U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson, the second federal jurist to rule against law that Obama signed last year.

Two other judges have sided with the administration on the issue that may well win up in the Supreme Court.

Obama and his aides said the requirement that all Americans, known as the individual mandate, is essential to financing the plan -- and that is exactly the reason opponents of the health care law have targeted it in a series of federal lawsuits.

The law requires all Americans to buy health insurance in 2014, or face fines.

Vinson, appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1983, drew a case filed by GOP attorney generals in 26 states within hours of the law's signing in March.

The case -- which the government is now likely to appeal -- revolves around competing views of the federal government regulation of interstate commerce.

The states that sued argue that Congress and the federal government cannot force to engage in commerce; i.e., buy insurance.

The federal governmnent argue that it -- and taxpayers -- often pick up medical costs incurred by the uninsured, making health care a legitimate object of regulation.

President Obama signed the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act in 2010.

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/artic...bios/obama.jpg

mrvette 01-31-2011 6:20pm

:lolsmile:

First course, frosh year....

CS101......

:cheers:

Z06PDQ 01-31-2011 6:34pm

Single Payer here we come! :dance:

PortDawg 01-31-2011 6:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 115609)

Not sure how you got there from UNCONSTITUTIONAL, but whatever...

ChasC5 01-31-2011 7:51pm

Remind me; who were they talking about when they pissing about politics from the bench? :rofl:

73sbVert 01-31-2011 7:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 115609)

You say that like it's a good thing. :ack:

mrvette 01-31-2011 7:53pm

Elementary question, just where does some judge get the power to dictate from some 'bench' that all the hospitals in our country HAVE TO TREAT some non citizen?? much less deliver their spawn??

thkauffman 01-31-2011 7:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasC5 (Post 115750)
Remind me; who were they talking about when they pissing about politics from the bench? :rofl:

A little mixed up, once again. It's legislating from the bench. And this guy is not guilty of it.

ChasC5 01-31-2011 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thkauffman (Post 115760)
A little mixed up, once again. It's legislating from the bench. And this guy is not guilty of it.

Thanks for the denial, I was getting worried there for a minute. :lolsmile:

Exotix 01-31-2011 8:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 115757)
Elementary question, just where does some judge get the power to dictate from some 'bench' that all the hospitals in our country HAVE TO TREAT some non citizen?? much less deliver their spawn??

Don't worry it's going to the SCOTUS ... so we can see who emerges as pro-healthcare and who emerges as Bush neocons ...

ChasC5 01-31-2011 8:24pm

Now everyone going to say we should have stick with the Public Option. :D

You remember, an Original Republican Idea. :lolsmile::rofl:

Exotix 01-31-2011 8:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasC5 (Post 115861)
Now everyone going to say we should have stick with the Public Option. :D

You remember, an Original Republican Idea. :lolsmile::rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasC5 (Post 115750)

Who do you think invented the individual mandate ... you got it ... the (R)'s ... to jack up Clinton-care ...

ChasC5 01-31-2011 8:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exotix (Post 115866)
Who do you think invented the individual mandate ... you got it ... the (R)'s ... to jack up Clinton-care ...

All of it is their idea's :rofl:

Exotix 01-31-2011 8:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasC5 (Post 115868)
All of it is their idea's :rofl:

Nothing more than the conservative agenda/mandate since they're first creation ... the First Great Depression ... they've been failing at getting revenge on America and the world since ... when will America wake up ...

Sad.

Z06PDQ 01-31-2011 8:30pm

Harry Reid-

"This lawsuit is nothing more than an attempt by those who want to raise taxes on small businesses, increase prescription prices for seniors and allow insurance companies to once again deny sick children medical care," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said in a prepared statement. :cheers:

Peter Pan 01-31-2011 9:16pm

It sure is a birth right to have health care as it is car insurance, a house. This bill telling me I have to do something infringes on my right of choice, if I decide to carry health insurance that is my choice, not the Govt. Seniors this year are seeing the first erosion in Medicare Advantage plans, 50 billion reduction in benefits, so the insurance carriers are raising co-pays to cover this. No where did our founding fathers put into the law of the land that all be made to buy health insurance or be taxed.

Last time I looked this had nothing to do with Bush, but seeing the reference in this thread he is at fault here for the judge's ruling:D

Yes I am taxed enough already and 26 states think the samehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...pepperflag.gif

ChasC5 01-31-2011 9:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pan (Post 116021)
It sure is a birth right to have health care as it is car insurance, a house. This bill telling me I have to do something infringes on my right of choice, if I decide to carry health insurance that is my choice, not the Govt. Seniors this year are seeing the first erosion in Medicare Advantage plans, 50 billion reduction in benefits, so the insurance carriers are raising co-pays to cover this. No where did our founding fathers put into the law of the land that all be made to buy health insurance or be taxed.

Last time I looked this had nothing to do with Bush, but seeing the reference in this thread he is at fault here for the judge's ruling:D

Yes I am taxed enough already and 26 states think the samehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...pepperflag.gif

Are you taxed enough already? How much of that is paying for someone who doesn't have insurance? :D

ChasC5 01-31-2011 9:24pm

Don't tred on me; what is that? A worm? :D

Peter Pan 01-31-2011 9:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasC5 (Post 116041)
Are you taxed enough already? How much of that is paying for someone who doesn't have insurance? :D

I would say I pay plenty for medicade in our state and with the new HC law our country is expected to double this, not affordable, yes I am taxed enough already as I am one of the 53% paying for the freeloaders to smooge off of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasC5 (Post 116046)
Don't tred on me; what is that? A worm? :D

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ATT4695459.jpg

ChasC5 01-31-2011 9:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pan (Post 116152)
I would say I pay plenty for medicade in our state and with the new HC law our country is expected to double this, not affordable, yes I am taxed enough already as I am one of the 53% paying for the freeloaders to smooge off of me.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ATT4695459.jpg

Put your Snake away, my boots need a friend. :D