The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So is this forum going to stay on vbulletin? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931)

theanswriz42 11-11-2009 8:14pm

So is this forum going to stay on vbulletin?

Sounds like IB is really screwing themselves at the moment.

For those of you not reading CFOT: Forum king vBulletin muzzles paid-up protesters ? The Register

Skia 11-11-2009 8:18pm

Almost every forum I'm on uses vBulletin......sounds like the mod staf at CFOT gettz there dickeheadness honest.

Y2Kvert4me 11-11-2009 11:22pm

joebuck + Pewter99 =

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9738/kissazz.jpg

:grouphug: :rofl:

kylebuck 11-11-2009 11:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 11707)
joebuck + Pewter99 =

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9738/kissazz.jpg

:grouphug: :rofl:

what does that mean?:toetap:

Y2Kvert4me 11-11-2009 11:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebuck (Post 11708)
what does that mean?:toetap:

It means that's a pic of Pewter99's bald head, and despite your smooth attempt, he still locked teh thread.

:cheers:

The Dingo 11-11-2009 11:41pm

I don't get the problem Steve. Some users bucked at a price increase of a few hundred bucks and IB allegedly indirectly told them to keep their money and take their business elsewhere.

I know business owners who have told clients who whined about fees or second guessed the service they were receiving to take their business elsewhere and don't see whats different here.

If I'm missing something please point it out to me. :cheers:

kylebuck 11-11-2009 11:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 11709)
It means that's a pic of Pewter99's bald head, and despite your smooth attempt, he still locked teh thread.

I was keeping things civilized.:beat:

Y2Kvert4me 11-11-2009 11:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebuck (Post 11711)

Perhaps, but the entire point of the thread was to call out IB...the very company that owns CF too....you really didn't think they would let that fly for long did you? :willy:

The Dingo 11-11-2009 11:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebuck (Post 11711)

I don't get how what you posted threatened CFOT or what you do there to be honest.

IB owns VB and CF. It's been that way for several years. They (IB) are going to make the software do what they want it to and as much as I don't want to sound like a mod and say "Like it or post elsewhere", that has pretty much been the case for a couple of years at least. It's old news. :)

Culookin 11-12-2009 12:19am

Joe, what ever happened to freespeech? That's BS that pewter locked your thread, CFOT has a ton of random stuff on it and I think your thread was more that appropriate. WTF?! It's ok tho, you can vent here though

Until Steve bans you

Y2Kvert4me 11-12-2009 12:27am

CF is a private forum, and very much a for-profit business...nothing ado about free speech.

Anything that even remotely threatens the parent co's viability, will certainly get axed.

The Dingo 11-12-2009 12:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 11727)
CF is a private forum, and very much a for-profit business...nothing ado about free speech.

Anything that even remotely threatens the parent co's viability, will certainly get axed.

Pretty much. That thread might have lasted longer if associations between the original link and CF weren't made though. That's my theory anyway.

Personally I don't understand why people still get upset over it, the writing has been on the wall for quite a while. CF used to be way more fun but it's different now and has been for a long time. It's pretty much a matter of post there and particpate or choose not to - but there is no point complaining about how things are today because they aren't going to change IMO.

theanswriz42 11-12-2009 12:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dingo (Post 11710)
I don't get the problem Steve. Some users bucked at a price increase of a few hundred bucks and IB allegedly indirectly told them to keep their money and take their business elsewhere.

I know business owners who have told clients who whined about fees or second guessed the service they were receiving to take their business elsewhere and don't see whats different here.

If I'm missing something please point it out to me. :cheers:

I think my biggest issue with the whole situation, at least from my reading of that particular article, was largely IB voiding any support to the guy who had a problem with the way they went about the situation.

The Dingo 11-12-2009 1:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by theanswriz42 (Post 11737)
I think my biggest issue with the whole situation, at least from my reading of that particular article, was largely IB voiding any support to the guy who had a problem with the way they went about the situation.

I can see that point. :cheers: I also suspect it would be interesting to read how critical this person was on the forum in question.

I did sense a feeling of Deja Vu reading parts of the original article though. :willy:

BuckyThreadkiller 11-12-2009 9:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dingo (Post 11730)
Pretty much. That thread might have lasted longer if associations between the original link and CF weren't made though. That's my theory anyway.

Personally I don't understand why people still get upset over it, the writing has been on the wall for quite a while. CF used to be way more fun but it's different now and has been for a long time. It's pretty much a matter of post there and particpate or choose not to - but there is no point complaining about how things are today because they aren't going to change IMO.

:iagree: That's why we're here and not there.

allthrottleandsomebottle 11-12-2009 9:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dingo (Post 11730)
there is no point complaining about how things are today because they aren't going to change IMO.

:iagree: It is what it is................FWIW, I didn't kill dat thread cause its another case of...........it is what it is :yesnod:

WKMCD 11-12-2009 9:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by allthrottleandsomebottle (Post 11769)
:iagree: It is what it is................FWIW, I didn't kill dat thread cause its another case of...........it is what it is :yesnod:

Well said. :confused5:

Rob 11-12-2009 10:00am

A lot more relaxed over here than it is there

truckindj 11-12-2009 10:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kvert4me (Post 11712)
perhaps, but the entire point of the thread was to call out ib...the very company that owns cf too....you really didn't think they would let that fly for long did you? :willy:

qft