The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So I'm Sitting In Marketing Class This Morning... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3680)

Iron Chef 08-30-2010 3:49pm

So I'm Sitting In Marketing Class This Morning...

...and some guy from the College of Business is asking us to help with a survey of some new designs for a web page they are building. They show us some screenshots and ask for discussion. Mind you, these aren't even live pages. They are test pages with stock photos.

So the first person to speak is some girl who absolutely must compain that "there needs to be more black, hispanic and asian people" in the web pics.

Good Lord...is that all you do if you aren't caucasian? Look for areas where you feel "the quota" isn't being met???

You can just see me can't you? -------> :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BuckyThreadkiller 08-30-2010 4:25pm

I'm amazed - we NEVER show comps without an ethnically diverse group of talent in the photos. That's so 1980s.

Everyone knows the world stopped being Caucasian when America elected the first black President - Bill Clinton.

1TZSLO 08-30-2010 6:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 44722)
Everyone knows the world stopped being Caucasian when America elected the first black President - Bill Clinton.

So true.

Munch 08-30-2010 7:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 44720)
So the first person to speak is some girl who absolutely must compain that "there needs to be more black, hispanic and asian people" in the web pics.

You should have asked her what she has against Middle Eastern people. What a racist.

jda67gta 08-30-2010 7:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 44720)
"there needs to be more black, hispanic and asian people" in the web pics.

What about the Comanche, Apache, Blackfoot. Sioux, and on.................:confused5:

Defib1961 08-30-2010 7:29pm

SOME people in this country need to suck it up, grow a thicker skin and quit trying to cause a bunch of crap for the sake of drama.:beat::beat:

Z06PDQ 08-30-2010 8:34pm

I thought Clinton is a mullato? :) [j/k] he's still the best Republican prez we've ever had.

BuckyThreadkiller 08-30-2010 8:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 44752)
I thought Clinton is a mullato? :) [j/k] he's still the best Republican prez we've ever had.

Pfft. Silly, everybody knows there aren't any black Republicans.

oahuyahoo 08-31-2010 1:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 44755)
Pfft. Silly, everybody knows there aren't any black Republicans.

Then it's settled, he's a black democrat with a white daughter who married a jewish boy.

kylebuck 08-31-2010 6:52am

Pics of the dumb azz chick?

NEVRL8T 08-31-2010 7:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by oahuyahoo (Post 44783)
Then it's settled, he's a black democrat who married a Nazi, with a white daughter who married a jewish boy.

Fixed

BuckyThreadkiller 08-31-2010 7:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by oahuyahoo (Post 44783)
Then it's settled, he's a black democrat with a white daughter who married a jewish boy.

See, this is where we are today - an ethnicaly diverse, loving family of man. Epitomized right there in one big happy wedding photo.
All we need is to widen the photo a bit to show the Asian caterer and the hispanic gentleman in the background working the floor buffer, and we've covered all the bases.

Chef's fellow marketing student would be proud.

Iron Chef 08-31-2010 8:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebuck (Post 44789)
Pics of the dumb azz chick?

Go pick yourself up a copy of Jet magazine, turn to any page and point.

kylebuck 08-31-2010 9:00am

oh she one of those.
"child my car dont run, why ?"

Iron Chef 08-31-2010 1:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 44793)
See, this is where we are today - an ethnicaly diverse, loving family of man. Epitomized right there in one big happy wedding photo.
All we need is to widen the photo a bit to show the Asian caterer and the hispanic gentleman in the background working the floor buffer, and we've covered all the bases.

You wanna put down the Maker's Mark there big fella? :beer:

oahuyahoo 08-31-2010 11:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller (Post 44793)
All we need is to widen the photo a bit to show the Asian caterer preparing the cat and the hispanic gentleman in the background working the patrons on the floor, the Filipino carving the dog and we've covered all the bases.

Chef's fellow marketing student would be proud.

You betcha.