The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The danger of eating peanuts. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119626)

Cybercowboy 06-24-2019 1:16pm

The danger of eating peanuts.

Was eating some dry roasted peanuts. They are tasty and everything went great until I bit down and one of the peanuts was actually a peanut-shaped rock and I broke a chunk off one of my molars.

:wtf:

MrPeabody 06-24-2019 1:19pm

I hate when that happens.

Seriously, lawyer up.:yesnod:

Cybercowboy 06-24-2019 1:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1674473)
I hate when that happens.

Seriously, lawyer up.:yesnod:

I've never had this problem with Planters nuts. My wife bought Great Value brand for some reason and not even 1/3 of the way through a 16 oz container this happens. Luckily it doesn't hurt, apparently no nerve is exposed but I will definitely have to pay a visit to my dentist. Not sure if trying to get Wal-Mart to pay for my tooth would work though.

snide 06-24-2019 1:39pm

I've experience similar situations. Sucks for sure. Can't hurt to let Wally World know what happened. This is how product recalls start...

MrPeabody 06-24-2019 1:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1674475)
I've never had this problem with Planters nuts. My wife bought Great Value brand for some reason and not even 1/3 of the way through a 16 oz container this happens. Luckily it doesn't hurt, apparently no nerve is exposed but I will definitely have to pay a visit to my dentist. Not sure if trying to get Wal-Mart to pay for my tooth would work though.

It wouldn't be Wal-Mart, it would be the manufacturer of the product.

Cybercowboy 06-24-2019 1:55pm

Great Value is the Wal-Mart store brand, who knows who actually manufactures it. They are the one and only distributor.

snide 06-24-2019 2:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1674478)
It wouldn't be Wal-Mart, it would be the manufacturer of the product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1674479)
Great Value is the Wal-Mart store brand, who knows who actually manufactures it. They are the one and only distributor.

I've got a can of Kirkland Signature peanuts on my credenza behind me. Just looked at the label, and there is only Kirkland Signature's information, as well as Costco's information. No information about who actually created the product. I suspect the labelling on the Great Value brand is similar.

Best bet would be to take it back to your local Wally World, along with the rock found, and inform customer service of the issue. Will they do anything about the broken tooth? Doubtful.

Norm 06-24-2019 2:35pm

Sorry to hear, must be a PITA.

I love me my Planters Cocktail peanuts, don't eat any others, they taste the best to me.

Cybercowboy 06-24-2019 4:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1674480)
I've got a can of Kirkland Signature peanuts on my credenza behind me. Just looked at the label, and there is only Kirkland Signature's information, as well as Costco's information. No information about who actually created the product. I suspect the labelling on the Great Value brand is similar.

Best bet would be to take it back to your local Wally World, along with the rock found, and inform customer service of the issue. Will they do anything about the broken tooth? Doubtful.

Same thing with their label, just says distributed by Wal-Mart. Eh, I'll live. I'd have to dig the rock out of the kitchen trash, it was pretty much the perfect match for a half-peanut.

Olustee bus 06-24-2019 4:09pm

Now that is a pisser right there.

Aerovette 06-24-2019 10:47pm

I think that "distributed by" stuff is bullshit. I want to know where it was MADE. It's like the post office being the "distributor" of my bills.

04 commemorative 06-25-2019 7:05am

Happens with lentils too.....my mother always put them in a strainer to swirl them around and pick out any potential stones......it happens.

Mike Mercury 06-25-2019 7:32am

https://data.whicdn.com/images/48322575/large.jpg