The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New and interesting stories! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119370)

DAB 05-14-2019 9:53am

New and interesting stories!

with the gang getting old, and experiencing all sorts of new medical problems, we get to share all our "getting old sucks" stories, instead of our "i'm young and stupid, and look what happened last weekend" stories.

:slap::dance:

Mike Mercury 05-14-2019 10:24am

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_...d-And-Wise.jpg

Stevedore 05-14-2019 10:53am

The "getting older" stories are entertaining & for the most part enjoyable, as long as you can hold on to a sense of humor.

72 here, but still feel like "Promises to keep, & miles to go before I sleep..."

lspencer534 05-14-2019 11:21am

Whatd you say, Sonny? SPEAK UP!!! I'm hard of hearing, ya know....

mrvette 05-14-2019 12:00pm

Age 75 here, arthritis and shitty lo back are really getting OLD, PIA....I had a 'wisdumb' tooth removed back in the 70's.....but here in Florida for 22 years, I have had 4 teeth pulled from skull, and one more broke off, in front next to one that was pulled...but no pains, so hell with it....not payin' billions of bux much less endure the pains/discomforts in the chair to correct it, at my age....

damn arthritis was so bad yesterday that I fell down on the kitchen floor while working in the washing machine hutch....close in, no room, PIA....

eyes hurt sometimes, but Doc got me some solution that works VERY WELL.....

oh well, getting old sux.......boredom and crap....limited activity.....:issues:

Ol Timer 05-14-2019 12:42pm

I can still do (mostly) what I did years ago. Just not for as long and not as often!

MrPeabody 05-14-2019 12:51pm

My wife and I were up almost all night last night, Not long after we went to bed, our oldest dog, a poodle terrier mix who is at least 12 started acting strangely. She was panting heavily and pawing at us in the bed, obviously in distress.

We both got up and tried everything to comfort her as the hours went by. She wouldn't take a dog biscuit (this is rare) and the panting got worse. I hugged her and cried. I though she wouldn't make it until morning, and there is no emergency veterinary care available in our area at that hour. I just tried to make her as comfortable as I could.

Finally, we had to go back to bed and I picked her up to carry her there. As I walked through the kitchen, I realized what was wrong. Her water bowl was empty. True story. I felt like an idiot. She was fine as soon as she got some water.

Olustee bus 05-14-2019 2:22pm

About three years ago, I began having trouble seeing while driving at night. I would get on a dark road and could not see a damn thing. This went on for a long time, finally I figured out that my headlights were not worth a damn. I ended up going to an eye doctor and eventually had cataract surgery. Then I learned my headlights were not worth a damn and I had to replace them.

I don't know if i really needed that surgery or not!!!

So, there ya go MrPeabody, you don't have to feel so stupid now. You're welcome.

Aerovette 05-14-2019 10:27pm

57 and I have treated this body like a rental car.

I have thought about running, but I looked back and no one was chasing me so why would I?

MikeB 05-15-2019 6:16am

Minor aches and pains when I get up, mostly rotator cuff stuff.
I retired last year from professional (office) work, and took
a part time job as a check-in mechanic at a scissor/boom lift
rental shop, and it helps keep me active. Lost some weight in the process.
Part-time turned into full time for now.