The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Texas peeps - Houston livestock show and rodeo (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131148)

Black94lt1 01-23-2023 9:13pm

Texas peeps - Houston livestock show and rodeo

Anyone been to the Houston livestock show and rodeo? Looking for tips/info on how it works. From what I can tell you buy a ticket to the park, a separate ticket to the stadium for the rodeo, and a separate ticket to the nightly concert, is that correct? I don’t see a schedule for each day of the livestock show/rides - how do you what rodeo events happen each day?

Aerovette 01-23-2023 9:15pm

The show / concert ticket let's you watch the Rodeo part too.

Aerovette 01-23-2023 9:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Duce (Post 2041009)
Gny. Sgt. Hartman was correct the only thing from Texas is steers and queers

Us Texans love hearing out of towners say that. Come on by and see how many people will laugh hysterically.
Pro tip, shout it at the Rodeo for BIG laughs !!

JRD77VET 01-23-2023 9:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2041011)
Us Texans love hearing out of towners say that. Come on by and see how many people will laugh hysterically.

I suggest he has his name embroidered on his clothes for identification purposes. :yesnod:

Bill 01-23-2023 9:56pm

Well, a couple of thoughts. First, check here for all the rodeo info you could possibly need:

https://www.rodeohouston.com/

You can basically choose to buy a ticket to get onto the grounds, you get to see the livestock exhibits, the carnival, the petting zoo, etc., and everything else going on outside NRG stadium, OR, you can buy a ticket to the rodeo, which gets you all that plus you get to watch the rodeo, which ends with a concert that's usually about an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

Rodeo Dates: Feb. 28 – March 19, 2023
I don't think the artist lineup/dates are announced yet.

Edit: You can also buy a ticket to the BBQ cookoff, but frankly, unless you know some folks actually on one of the cooking teams, it's not really a lot of fun.

Ticket prices:
Quote:

$25 – $30: Upper Level
$40: Loge Level
$50 or $55: Club Level
$44: Field Level
$155: Action
$375: Hess Chute
You can spend even more for premium seating, including skyboxes, if that's your thing.

Finally, if you're coming, let us know and I'm sure many of the Houston area folks would be happy to meet up with you.

LATB 01-23-2023 10:09pm

I watch it from my lazy boy on the Cowboy Channel or RFD TV.

Anjdog2003 01-23-2023 10:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2041011)

He's a big blowhard on the internet but a scared little man from Fort Dick California. :yesnod:

DJ_Critterus 01-24-2023 7:49am

For some reason, I thought this was a walmart thread.

Black94lt1 01-24-2023 9:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 2041019)
Well, a couple of thoughts. First, check here for all the rodeo info you could possibly need:

https://www.rodeohouston.com/

You can basically choose to buy a ticket to get onto the grounds, you get to see the livestock exhibits, the carnival, the petting zoo, etc., and everything else going on outside NRG stadium, OR, you can buy a ticket to the rodeo, which gets you all that plus you get to watch the rodeo, which ends with a concert that's usually about an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

Rodeo Dates: Feb. 28 – March 19, 2023
I don't think the artist lineup/dates are announced yet.

Edit: You can also buy a ticket to the BBQ cookoff, but frankly, unless you know some folks actually on one of the cooking teams, it's not really a lot of fun.

Ticket prices:

You can spend even more for premium seating, including skyboxes, if that's your thing.

Finally, if you're coming, let us know and I'm sure many of the Houston area folks would be happy to meet up with you.

So if I understand correctly, each ticket level includes the items of the lower ticket - a rodeo ticket includes the grounds, and a concert ticket includes the grounds and the rodeo?

Mr Hole 01-24-2023 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black94lt1 (Post 2041107)
So if I understand correctly, each ticket level includes the items of the lower ticket - a rodeo ticket includes the grounds, and a concert ticket includes the grounds and the rodeo?

The concert is part of the rodeo.

Bill 01-24-2023 10:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black94lt1 (Post 2041107)

Yes. A basic ticket to the grounds gets you admittance to everything outside of the stadium, a ticket to the actual rodeo gets you access to the grounds AND to your seat for the rodeo and concert. Many rodeo ticket holders show up late, intending pretty much to JUST see the concert.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-24-2023 10:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2041062)
For some reason, I thought this was a walmart thread.

Beats me but these Texans sure are sold on the “Don’t mess with Texas” image they have of themselves.

Meanwhile according to Bill, Houston is a progressive shit hole without a honky in sight.

Aerovette 01-24-2023 10:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (He/Him) (Post 2041116)
Beats me but these Texans sure are sold on the “Don’t mess with Texas” image they have of themselves.

Meanwhile according to Bill, Houston is a progressive shit hole without a honky in sight.

The truth is that it is similar to California. You can experience what you choose to experience. There are injected lipped, overly made-up, gold diggers hanging in exclusive red velvet rope clubs, and in a pretty short drive, you can see cattle, cowboys, ranches and Americana. If you are a plastic person, you'll find something to do. If you are a regular American or a redneck, you'll also find something to do.

If you are a total dickweed asshole, then all we'll find something to do to you. (not you personally)

Bill 01-24-2023 10:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (He/Him) (Post 2041116)

Houston IS a progressive, dangerous shithole....always has been, but it's worse now that it spread out to the larger Harris County. Whites ARE a minority in Houston, by the way. White flight has shifted whites out to the suburbs, and now the exurbs. There are pockets of nice areas inside Houston, but I'd say most whites actually living in the city lean left.

Houston is now an immigrant hub, so the cowboy culture of Urban Cowboy.....that's pretty much gone in Houston. You'll still see a lot of pickups, but gone are the days when most of those trucks had gunracks in the back. Nowdays, "truck guns' are handguns people keep for self defense, but the danger is, there are so many car burglaries, that's one of the things thieves look for....is there a gun in the car or truck. I know a guy who had his gun stolen like that.

The Houston rodeo is still a thing because it draws participants and spectators who are NOT from Houston.

Onebadcad 01-24-2023 11:01am

texas--never have so many bragged about so little!!

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-24-2023 11:09am

Truck nuts. I wanna know how prevalent truck nuts are.

:rofl:

Aerovette 01-24-2023 11:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2041127)
texas--never have so many bragged about so little!!

The coolest thing about Texas is no one is forced to come here. :seasix: To my knowledge, unless someone in incarcerated, everyone here is here by choice.

Onebadcad 01-24-2023 11:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2041132)
The coolest thing about Texas is no one is forced to come here. :seasix: To my knowledge, unless someone in incarcerated, everyone here is here by choice.

I only jest, Texas is a stong second in most categories.
Beating down beto three times gives you many points!!