The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   WISH TO HELL...... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129744)

mrvette 09-28-2022 9:17am

WISH TO HELL......

Someone would find the damn LIGHT switch that powers that large bulb in the sky, been SO DARK the last few daze, need headlights to see where in HELL we are going....here it is 1015AM, and think it was midnight....

:sadangel::confused5:

Rob 09-28-2022 9:19am

Best solution would be to open your windows to allow the natural light (and breeze) to come on in :cert:

<< Solution Manager

Strats-N-Vettes 09-28-2022 9:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 1994333)
Best solution would be to open your windows to allow the natural light (and breeze) to come on in :cert:

<< Solution Manager

:skia:

Yadkin 09-28-2022 9:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1994332)
Someone would find the damn LIGHT switch that powers that large bulb in the sky, been SO DARK the last few daze, need headlights to see where in HELL we are going....here it is 1015AM, and think it was midnight....

:sadangel::confused5:

Nothing but blue sky up here in flyover country. :datawiz:

Mike Mercury 09-28-2022 9:51am

https://images3.memedroid.com/images...5227e794d.jpeg

DJ_Critterus 09-28-2022 9:53am

Somebody tell Ian to **** off.....

Bill 09-28-2022 9:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 1994333)

<< Solution Manager

Can not.....it is raining in Florida, ya wiseacre!

Rob 09-28-2022 9:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1994371)

Depends

DJ_Critterus 09-28-2022 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1994371)

Shhh..... we wanted to see if Gene would actually do it.

Onebadcad 09-28-2022 10:04am

Thankfully we only deal with this every few years when a hurricane decides to visit us.

I was in nj a few times for Thanksgiving and Christmas, was always dark and gray, was pitch black at 4:30 PM.
I was there once for 10 days, never saw the sun, what a shithole!!
Very depressing, it gave me a new window into alcoholism,,, ICNLT!!

Today, at 11 AM, Broward County is beautiful and sunny, crazy that a CAT 5 Hurricane is only 150 miles away.

mrvette 09-28-2022 10:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1994380)
Shhh..... we wanted to see if Gene would actually do it.

ALL hatches are battened down, even the atrium....and plastic sun roof taken off too, :dance::shots:

Frankie the Fink 09-28-2022 12:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 1994383)
Thankfully we only deal with this every few years when a hurricane decides to visit us.

I was in nj a few times for Thanksgiving and Christmas, was always dark and gray, was pitch black at 4:30 PM.
I was there once for 10 days, never saw the sun, what a shithole!!
Very depressing, it gave me a new window into alcoholism,,, ICNLT!!

Today, at 11 AM, Broward County is beautiful and sunny, crazy that a CAT 5 Hurricane is only 150 miles away.

There was one year there were 3 "near misses" and I did ALL the prep, lawn furniture stored in the garage, oak trees trimmed up, boat on trailer and off site and Corvettes tucked away in the garage....wore me out.... Now, there are a few things I do and only at the last minute.

Onebadcad 09-28-2022 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 1994561)
There was one year there were 3 "near misses" and I did ALL the prep, lawn furniture stored in the garage, oak trees trimmed up, boat on trailer and off site and Corvettes tucked away in the garage....wore me out.... Now, there are a few things I do and only at the last minute.

Sounds like me, I lived in the current home for 18 years before I spent the $50K on impact windows and doors and sliders.
Before that I had metal shutters, stored in garage, and then pulled out for the storm, PITA as I had 100+ panels for 20+ windows and sliders, just me doing the first floor took about 6 hours and a lot of gatorade.
When a storm was 24 - 36 hours away, I would employ about 4 teeners on my street, hit them each with a $20 and by the time they finished, about an hour, I would have the burgers done on the grill.

Today, I require no prep work, just a trip to Total Wine, confirm I have at least two full propane tanks, and the outside fridge always has a few months supply of beef.

Preparation is for mansies,,,