The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Is there an AA version for car-a-holics...?? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128681)

zeek 06-03-2022 9:08pm

Is there an AA version for car-a-holics...??

10 Attachment(s)
Just bought another one....Have to travel over 12 hrs round trip to get it, but on of my favorite body styles AND a GASSER....:hurray: I already decided to get the 32 drivable and then sell it, so WTF....:D

'37 Chevy coupes were always one of my favorites. This is a '38, but the same exact car except for the grille. Plus this one has a one piece fiberglass front end that looks to be a 1937 repop.

Story is the father purchased this car to build as a gasser back in the '70's but died before finishing it. Been sitting in the garage since then. The daughter is selling it for the estate. I made an offer on it and she just called me and accepted my offer. The car is in Stone Mountain Ga so I have a long ride ahead of me....:yesnod:

Here's a few pics from the ad....

zeek 06-03-2022 9:09pm

1 Attachment(s)
forgot one

markids77 06-03-2022 9:23pm

As long as you are at least breaking even with each transaction... who cares, knock yourself out!!

zeek 06-03-2022 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1961031)
As long as you are at least breaking even with each transaction... who cares, knock yourself out!!

Yeppers....always make at least a few K on my deals....:seasix:

Steve_R 06-03-2022 9:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1961033)
Yeppers....always make at least a few K on my deals....:seasix:

You graduated from Doug’s School of Flipping? Nice! :seasix:

zeek 06-03-2022 9:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1961034)
You graduated from Doug’s School of Flipping? Nice! :seasix:

No...I never claim to make the money he does.....Im happy to make a few bucks over what I have in it to move on to the next project....:seasix:

Don Rickles 06-04-2022 7:02am

The hoarder called the township and NARCEd you out for violating code 235.913 of Being a Car Shop/Dealership in a residential neighborhood……:yesnod:

Your braggart thread count is way down as of late too!:confused5:

Louie Detroit 06-04-2022 7:14am

Zeek Zeek Top mobile.

:seasix:

mrvette 06-04-2022 7:17am

My son in Ca. has no expressed interest in my '72 vette, so I think my wife be selling it soon enough....age 78 here......even with my cleaning/tossing/sorting out the garage areas here, still a ton of shit no one else wood know anything about.....oh well.....I wood ASSume the vette will go for some 15-20k but that depends on the independent types.......

:confused5::dance:

Louie Detroit 06-04-2022 7:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1961063)
The hoarder called the township and NARCEd you out for violating code 235.913 of Being a Car Shop/Dealership in a residential neighborhood……:yesnod:

Your braggart thread count is way down as of late too!:confused5:

Didn’t one of the resident dickheads at the other place call out RED to the mods for curbstoning?

zeek 06-04-2022 7:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1961066)
Zeek Zeek Top mobile.

:seasix:

I see what you did there....:yesnod::seasix:

zeek 06-04-2022 7:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1961067)
My son in Ca. has no expressed interest in my '72 vette, so I think my wife be selling it soon enough....age 78 here......even with my cleaning/tossing/sorting out the garage areas here, still a ton of shit no one else wood know anything about.....oh well.....I wood ASSume the vette will go for some 15-20k but that depends on the independent types.......

:confused5::dance:

What a depressing post....:spdchk: I personally dont give a flying fuk what my kid does with my stuff when Im gone. She is not into old cars at all. As long as I am enjoying life today! You sound like you already have one foot in the grave. I assume when you say your wife will be selling your vette you mean after youre gone. Id be damned if anyone would be selling my shit on me unless I was in a home.

If you have some ailment Im not aware of, then I understand your grief...but still, dont be such a downer in my happy bragging thread!:slap:

mrvette 06-04-2022 7:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1961079)
What a depressing post....:spdchk: I personally dont give a flying fuk what my kid does with my stuff when Im gone. She is not into old cars at all. As long as I am enjoying life today! You sound like you already have one foot in the grave. I assume when you say your wife will be selling your vette you mean after youre gone. Id be damned if anyone would be selling my shit on me unless I was in a home.

If you have some ailment Im not aware of, then I understand your grief...but still, dont be such a downer in my happy bragging thread!:slap:

Sorry man, :sadangel::dance:

Don Rickles 06-04-2022 8:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1961069)
Didn’t one of the resident dickheads at the other place call out RED to the mods for curbstoning?

I wouldn't know, I don't patronize that site anymore.....

Don Rickles 06-04-2022 8:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1961079)

Your neighbor wants whatever ya throwin away or gettin rid of!:yesnod:

04 commemorative 06-04-2022 3:52pm

Awesome

Anjdog2003 06-04-2022 4:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1961067)
My son in Ca. has no expressed interest in my '72 vette, so I think my wife be selling it soon enough.:

Dad :kimblair:

zeek 06-04-2022 11:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1961083)
Your neighbor wants whatever ya throwin away or gettin rid of!:yesnod:

I just gave him an old electric smoker that I just didnt have the heart to put out for the garbage man......He was so happy...:yesnod: We are buds again...:hurray:

Thunder22 06-05-2022 6:43am

AA for Car-a-holics is called the repo man.

ToolMaker 06-05-2022 7:26am

I can picture this with an old Z28 302, 488:1 rears, pulling 8 grand shifts! :seasix: