The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   From one fall ??? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127871)

04 commemorative 02-13-2022 8:41am

From one fall ???

People in the News Medical examiner: Saget died from blow to head

A medical examiner in Florida said Thursday that comedian Bob Saget died from an accidental blow to the head, likely from a backward fall.
The beloved 65-year-old entertainer, best known for his role as single dad Danny Tanner on the sitcom 'Full House' and as the wisecracking host of 'America’s Funniest Home Videos,' was found dead Jan.9 in a Florida hotel room. He’d performed in the area the night before as part of a stand-up tour.
A toxicology analysis didn’t show any illicit drugs or toxins in Saget’s body, according to a statement from Medical Examiner Joshua Stephany in Orlando.
An autopsy report released later Thursday showed that Saget had an abrasion on his scalp, a fracture at the base of his skull, fractures around his eye sockets, bleeding between the brain and tissue covering the brain as well as bruises to the brain.
:confused5:

VITE1 02-13-2022 8:51am

Sounds like he fell down stairs or took a beating.

Rodnok1 02-13-2022 9:00am

Fell in shower..

zeek 02-13-2022 9:17am

Damn....Ive had a few concussions in my life and one of the things the doc's said was not to go to sleep. Didn't know the exact reason, but I guess now I do....:sadangel:

6spdC6 02-13-2022 9:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1940792)
Damn....Ive had a few concussions in my life and one of the things the doc's said was not to go to sleep. Didn't know the exact reason, but I guess now I do....:sadangel:

Me too, over the years.

Have been on blood thinners for quite a few years now and a standard question any time I go to the Docs is have you fallen since your last visit.

Shrike6 02-13-2022 9:54am

Falls can be tricky things. Fall just the wrong way, and it’s fatal. Falls in the shower, if that’s what it was, are really bad.

dvarapala 02-13-2022 4:24pm

Not the first person to die from blow. :sadangel:

04 commemorative 02-13-2022 4:32pm

yeah but so much front and back damage ?

Stevedore 02-13-2022 6:53pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 64019

Barn Babe 02-15-2022 12:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1940792)

I always thought it was an old wives tale, I guess I'll take it more seriously from now on. :sadangel:

the new me 02-16-2022 2:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barn Babe (Post 1941182)
I always thought it was an old wives tale, I guess I'll take it more seriously from now on. :sadangel:

Do you get concussions often?

theandies 02-16-2022 5:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barn Babe (Post 1941182)

Nope, took a lot of concussion training when coaching youth football. In most cases right after a suspected concussion the patient should be monitored for 24 to 48 hours and in the first 10 hours keep the patient from sleeping if possible, using cell phones or anything like TV screens etc. Just the flicker from video refresh rates can exasperate concussion symptoms.

We has one kid have to stay in his room with the curtains drawn for over a month because anytime he was in bright light etc. his head would start pounding.

Don't take concussions lightly. They are a strange things that one patient will have some symptoms and others won't. One thing is for sure, if you hit your head and see stars and/or feel dizzy/headache right after the blow then you had a concussion. See your doctor.

Steve_R 02-16-2022 10:20am

Hmmm...his family has filed a lawsuit to prevent the release of any more information about his death because of how it would "portray" him. Dunno what that means. This is also part of what has been released:
Quote:

According to the report, Saget also had an enlarged heart; 95% blocked on one side. And while there was no alcohol present in his body, his systems contained Clonazepam/Klonopin -- which is taken for seizures, panic disorders and anxiety, the report shows. Additionally, the antidepressant Trazodone was found in Saget's system, the report said.
Not particularly healthy for his age.

ratflinger 02-16-2022 10:41am

My Mom stepped off a toilet (yeah, that was stupid in the 1st place) then slipped and fell - on her ass, never hit her head. None-the-less it tore an artery in her head and and 10 min later she was dead. Any fall can kill you but most won't.

But damn, how does one have a fractured skull and fractures around the eyes without knowing they need immediate medical help? I doubt he could have been saved anyway, once you get a brain bleed you are invariably done for.

Rob 02-16-2022 11:51am

Banging head on wall?? Suicide?

NEED-A-VETTE 02-16-2022 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1940788)
Sounds like he fell down stairs or took a beating.

That’s what I was thinking. Seems very strange to have that much trauma in the front of his head if he just fell and hit the back of his head. I think falling down a set of stairs seems to fit the injuries more? Or, like you said, maybe a fight.

Just odd…

Giraffe (He/Him) 02-16-2022 12:06pm

Vince Clortho 02-16-2022 1:58pm

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't see anything.

NCC-1701 02-16-2022 2:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new me (Post 1941330)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Barn Babe 02-16-2022 2:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new me (Post 1941330)

Not often, only when I fall off a horse :rofl:. I'm getting back into riding though, so this is good info to have.