The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   What's Cooking? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Potatoes (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65482)

Black95 04-15-2014 12:08pm

Potatoes

My wife showed me a new way to bake potatoes that she found on Pinterest. I bake them a little longer because I like them crispier and I add lemon-pepper seasoning.
http://abe.midco.net/~barondeau1/Vettes/potatoes.jpg
:dance:

Norm 04-15-2014 3:26pm

I'm gonna have to try that.........I mean she is.........:D

Black95 04-15-2014 3:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1161734)
I'm gonna have to try that.........I mean she is.........:D

Good for you...........I mean her!

My wife can make the salads, dessert, be a side dish and get bread.....:seasix:.....but when it comes to doing the meat and potatoes that is my job.
:dance:

jaxgator 04-16-2014 6:09am

:drool: That looks yummy.

Thanks! :cert:

LilRedCorvette 04-16-2014 11:54am

Have made those before, thanks for the reminder! I might make that to go along with the filet mignon for Easter. :yesnod: :seasix:

Sea Six 04-17-2014 5:25am

Looks great!

wwomanC6 04-20-2014 12:03pm

Today for Lunch:

I've seen where you cut slices of butter and put them in between the slices.

So, I cut up 4 small red potatoes. 2 of them, I put butter slices in them and added pepper and parsley flakes. The other 2, I coated in olive oil and added above spices. then when done I added shredded cheddar cheese and cooked for 7 more minutes. Topped with sour cream and done.

Both were good but I liked the ones coated in olive oil a little better! They cooked more even.

Potato recipe is a win! :seasix:

LilRedCorvette 04-20-2014 9:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1164367)
Potato recipe is a win! :seasix:

:iagree: What's nice about it is you can change it up or customize it to your liking :seasix: I made these today for Easter dinner and used butter, olive oil, black pepper, and a touch of garlic powder on them. They went great with the filet mignon with merlot sauce and grape tomato salad. Lemon cake for dessert. :yum:

Olustee bus 04-21-2014 3:27am

Looks difficult to cut that way.

I was in a fancy restaurant in Savannah and they served something like that. The owner/chf was walking around and I asked her the recipe. For some reason she must have been offended, she just walked away to visit other customers.

LilRedCorvette 04-21-2014 4:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1164649)
Looks difficult to cut that way.

Tip: Use a VERY sharp large chef's knife, makes it much easier. :seasix:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1164649)
I was in a fancy restaurant in Savannah and they served something like that. The owner/chf was walking around and I asked her the recipe. For some reason she must have been offended, she just walked away to visit other customers.

Don't take it personally...a lot of chefs/bakers/restauranteurs will not give out their recipes because it is proprietary info to them (IOW, 'business secrets') that they don't want to give away. It's important to a lot of them. :yesnod:

In general I did/do not give out my baking recipes as I did a lot of wedding cakes and pastries in my business at one point...lots of things that I developed myself that took a lot of work, that I am not going to just hand out freely. :shrug:

wwomanC6 04-21-2014 5:52pm

Another tip: Put a wooden spoon or same size utensil on either side of the potato, that way you can not slice all the way through the potato.

:seasix:

Kerrmudgeon 06-24-2014 6:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwomanC6 (Post 1164998)
Another tip: Put a wooden spoon or same size utensil on either side of the potato, that way you can not slice all the way through the potato.

:seasix:

I was thinking the same thing....the hardest part would be not cutting clear through the spud. :(

We'll have to get :DAB: to make a cutting board like that. :yesnod:

I'm going to make one for fun. :leaving:

Curvette 12-02-2015 1:53pm

Did you make one for fun yet Kermie?

Kerrmudgeon 12-25-2015 11:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curvette (Post 1429300)
Did you make one for fun yet Kermie?

Not yet Soozabella......I can't eat potatoes. I'll wait until I'm cooking for a crowd. :yesnod:

paulet 06-15-2017 6:11am

potatoes are especially good with oregano

Z06David 06-16-2017 7:37am

I'm gonna try this next time and throw them on the grill like that. Thanks!