The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   [Advice]I need to have a small part fabricated (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116359)

StaticCling 06-12-2018 1:46pm

[Advice]I need to have a small part fabricated

This is reloading related...

I'm trying to mate my Harrell's Powder Measure to my Lee Classic Cast Turret Press. The Harrell's uses a clear acrylic drop tube held in place with a brass collet...

I have a Swivel Adapter that screws into the Expander Die with Riser...I think it would be possible to get another clear acrylic drop tube, or perhaps a hollow brass tube, and mill it down enough to fit inside the other side of the Swivel Adapter...Then it appears that I could thread the outside of the drop tube and inside of the swivel adapter to fit...In theory.

I just don't have a lathe or mill to do this. Any of you machinists and/or Tool people offer any ideas?

DAB 06-12-2018 1:50pm

do what the Apollo crew did: duct tape!

ToolMaker 06-12-2018 1:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1631794)
This is reloading related...

I'm trying to mate my Harrell's Powder Measure to my Lee Classic Cast Turret Press. The Harrell's uses a clear acrylic drop tube held in place with a brass collet...

I have a Swivel Adapter that screws into the Expander Die with Riser...I think it would be possible to get another clear acrylic drop tube, or perhaps a hollow brass tube, and mill it down enough to fit inside the other side of the Swivel Adapter...Then it appears that I could thread the outside of the drop tube and inside of the swivel adapter to fit...In theory.

I just don't have a lathe or mill to do this. Any of you machinists and/or Tool people offer any ideas?

I would if I still had access to machines. Someone may chime in. :seasix:

DAB 06-12-2018 2:14pm

@JRD77VET is your best bet.

he made some things for me a few years ago on his lathe.

he'll want dimensions, including thread info. lacking that, you may have to send the matching parts to him so he can figure it out.

he does awesome work.

JRD77VET 06-12-2018 7:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1631813)
@JRD77VET is your best bet.

he made some things for me a few years ago on his lathe.

he'll want dimensions, including thread info. lacking that, you may have to send the matching parts to him so he can figure it out.

he does awesome work.

Thanks Doug :cert:

Yes, I can make something up for you Scott :cert:

Jeff

Black94lt1 06-12-2018 7:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1631855)
Thanks Doug :cert:

Yes, I can make something up for you Scott :cert:

Jeff

Exactly why this forum is so great!