The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Substantial Quake in SOCAL (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119701)

carlton_fritz 07-04-2019 9:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675403)

The ring of fire has had several large quakes the past couple days. That area of Kali just had a 6.0+ and a lot of 4.0+ aftershocks. Who is to say a 7 or larger won't happen before it's done shaking?

Bill 07-04-2019 9:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1675366)
They just showed video of a liquor store in Ridgecrest. Oh the humanity!:sadangel:

Looters?

Glad we don't really have that kind of thing here in Tejas.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-04-2019 9:27pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1675404)
Earthquakes don't make me lose sleep...

The walking dead however, do. Just a little bit. Sandy and Johnny know what I mean. :yesnod:

Attachment 28414

NEED-A-VETTE 07-04-2019 9:28pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1675405)
The ring of fire has had several large quakes the past couple days. That area of Kali just had a 6.0+ and a lot of 4.0+ aftershocks. Who is to say a 7 or larger won't happen before it's done shaking?

Attachment 28415

NEED-A-VETTE 07-04-2019 9:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1675406)
Looters?

Glad we don't really have that kind of thing here in Tejas.

No looters...but lots of lost alcohol...gone forever. :sadangel:

carlton_fritz 07-05-2019 6:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675408)

You have a poor attitude.

erickpl 07-05-2019 8:18am

Not too far from Tehachapi, where I used to live...

Never felt a quake the entire time we lived there, though there were some...

Dan Dlabay 07-05-2019 9:02am

My wife and I have been in S. Cal. t attend her high school reunion from the school she went to in Saigon from 1968 to 1972. Thur. morning I setting in our leased suv waiting on my wife in Westminster. (Little Saigon). At about 10am the suv started to shake I thought what the heck is going on. Found out latter it was a tremor.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-05-2019 9:25am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1675422)
You have a poor attitude.

Attachment 28416

Dude, I’m yanking your chain. I didn’t realize you were so sensitive. :funnier: :funnier: :funnier:

I appreciate your concern but like Chinaski said, we don’t lay awake at night waiting on the big one. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.

I’m prepared with food and water storage and essentials, a large first aid kit (that is equipped to handle more than just scrapes and bruises), a small generator, an emergency radio that can be hand cranked (if needed), stored gas and a BOB (if absolutely needed). I keep all my important documents in a safe so they’re very easy to grab all at once. I don’t let my car get below a half a tank. Ever.

So, please, spare me the fear mongering. While I am prepared, I am not losing sleep over it.

mrvette 07-05-2019 9:55am

Long as you all don't run outta soft toilet paper........:rofl::rofl::rofl::D

how long it been?? 5 years??

NEED-A-VETTE 07-05-2019 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1675429)
Long as you all don't run outta soft toilet paper........:rofl::rofl::rofl::D

how long it been?? 5 years??

It’s been about that long, yes. :rofl:

dvarapala 07-05-2019 1:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675409)
No looters...but lots of lost alcohol...gone forever. :sadangel:

Prayers sent. :sadangel:

NEED-A-VETTE 07-05-2019 1:16pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1675436)
Prayers sent. :sadangel:

Attachment 28417

boracayjohnny 07-05-2019 1:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675428)
Attachment 28416

Dude, I’m yanking your chain. I didn’t realize you were so sensitive. :funnier: :funnier: :funnier:

I appreciate your concern but like Chinaski said, we don’t lay awake at night waiting on the big one. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.

I’m prepared with food and water storage and essentials, a large first aid kit (that is equipped to handle more than just scrapes and bruises), a small generator, an emergency radio that can be hand cranked (if needed), stored gas and a BOB (if absolutely needed). I keep all my important documents in a safe so they’re very easy to grab all at once. I don’t let my car get below a half a tank. Ever.

So, please, spare me the fear mongering. While I am prepared, I am not losing sleep over it.

:iagree:

Yep, I sleep well in a war zone too. One time my buddy asked me if I heard a bigger than usual attack that happened during my sleeping time. My reply, "What attack". The same applies to earthquakes, tornadoes, and just about any other out of the ordinary thing. Make your peace and sleep well.

MrPeabody 07-05-2019 6:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1675426)
My wife and I have been in S. Cal. t attend her high school reunion from the school she went to in Saigon from 1968 to 1972. Thur. morning I setting in our leased suv waiting on my wife in Westminster. (Little Saigon). At about 10am the suv started to shake I thought what the heck is going on. Found out latter it was a tremor.

A lot of history could be learned by young people about a Saigon reunion being held in SoCal.:yesnod:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675428)
Attachment 28416

I'm coming to your house when the big one hits. Problem solved.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-05-2019 8:19pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1675464)
A lot of history could be learned by young people about a Saigon reunion being held in SoCal.:yesnod:

I'm coming to your house when the big one hits. Problem solved.

Make sure to clearly identify yourself. ;)

:leaving:

Attachment 28419

vtelvr 07-05-2019 9:41pm

I believe that would be as Robin Williams said, an "oh ****" moment for me.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-05-2019 10:22pm

Again...now. Small one.

StaticCling 07-05-2019 10:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675484)
Again...now. Small one.

It was going pretty good here. Decent aftershock. :kimblair:

StaticCling 07-05-2019 10:24pm