The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   BR III - Micki's on Main (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52069)

Loco Vette 05-26-2013 3:54pm

BR III - Micki's on Main

So is anyone else who had the Filet Oscar being forced to remember it every half hour?

Damn that was a long drive home.:leaving:

Yamma 05-26-2013 5:12pm

I opted for the grilled chicken and cheese tortellini and it was awesome - only downside was how sleepy it made the drive home!! (but seriously, that was a great dinner.) :D

mph1972 05-26-2013 6:32pm

Val, that car doesn't have a shitter in?! You got ripped off! :lol:

All jokes aside, sorry to hear. Glad you made it home safe and sound and apparently a few pounds lighter.

Micah

NEED-A-VETTE 05-26-2013 9:49pm

I'm glad this was a success and you guys enjoyed the place. I believe it was Roc that suggested it to Dixie and Dixie passed along the info to me. Dixie sent me the link and I checked it out.

The staff there was excellent to work with on my end, as well. Chas (female) helped me out with the reservations and, even though we had never been there before as a group, really put my mind at ease about handling the large crowd. She explained their menu, the type of restaurant they were, etc. Basically made me feel very good about the decision to go there.

Definitely a thank you to Roc and Dixie for bringing this place to my attention. I would not have even known about this restaurant had they not made the suggestion. :cheers:

Last years's restaurant was not horrible, but it didn't get glowing reviews. We decided on that one because it was the only place that would do the huge steaks for the "steak off", without requiring it to be a ridiculously expensive cut.

Once we decided to bail on the "steak off" idea, it opened a lot of opportunities. But when you're deciding on a restaurant, where do you start...??? :funny:

I'm thankful for the input from Roc and Dixie on this. It made planning TREMENDOUSLY easier. :yesnod:

87 Ragtop 05-26-2013 10:09pm

That was a great place to eat :cheers:

navyndi2 05-27-2013 7:05pm

You must have had the Oscar the grouch Val, mine was great and didn't kick me later. The server was great as was the company we ate with, great find Sandy.
:cheers:

SpdChik 05-27-2013 8:45pm

The food was absolutely amazing! Appetizers, gumbo, entree, desert....my gosh amazing! Even Michigan beer :)

Dave 05-28-2013 8:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpdChik (Post 963909)
The food was absolutely amazing! Appetizers, gumbo, entree, desert....my gosh amazing! Even Michigan beer :)

:iagree:
I was surprised at how good the food was there!

And Sandy was coordinating, so of course there was Michigan representation!