The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bespoke Office Chair (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121330)

Datawiz 01-15-2020 5:19pm

Bespoke Office Chair

2 Attachment(s)
Finally broke down and bought a quality chair for the home office. Built by Steelcase, and has an epic warranty. Very supportive. Tired of $200-300 chairs from Staples lasting 18 months. This one is considerably more, but, with the warranty, should more than pay for itself.

Stangkiller 01-15-2020 5:33pm

Very nice choice! I have two older steelcase versions in my office here at home...sitting in one now actually. (Perks of my wife doing corporate interiors)

TheHammer 01-15-2020 5:44pm

I spend lots of hours a day in my office chair unfortunately. I've had a couple Aerons for years, love them.

snide 01-15-2020 5:50pm

Another Herman Miller Aeron owner here. The 12 year warranty is tough to beat.

:cheers:

carlton_fritz 01-15-2020 5:52pm

I too got tired of the $2-300 Staples chairs breaking, but I got a SecretLab Titan. This thing is sweet!

https://secretlab.co/collections/titan-series

FLEXjs 01-15-2020 6:01pm

Seat and back do not look breathable.

ICNST

Ol Timer 01-15-2020 6:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHammer (Post 1716922)
I spend lots of hours a day in my office chair unfortunately. I've had a couple Aerons for years, love them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1716928)
Another Herman Miller Aeron owner here. The 12 year warranty is tough to beat.

:cheers:

:iagree:

TheHammer 01-15-2020 6:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1716936)

ICNST

:iagree:

I must have gone through half a dozen cheapo office chairs over the years. They all had fully upholstered seats and backs and those mofos were hot as hell, Aeron breathes.

dvarapala 01-15-2020 6:19pm

Quote:

ICNST

If you were skinny like me you wouldn't sweat so much. :D

Datawiz 01-15-2020 6:35pm

Quote:

ICNST

I'm actually a little opposite of that. My back is pretty sensitive, and non-leather chairs make my back itch. On the other hand, I wear shorts every day, and I don't like the back of my thighs touching leather. Old chair I put a towel down on. New chair I "almost" ordered the base as breathable, and back as leather, but in the end, I wanted them to match. Bonus for me...My shorts extend past the leather surface, so no towel needed. Additionally, I have a monster A/C system in my office, and it's usually around 68 degrees in here. No sweating for sure.

snide 01-15-2020 6:49pm

I'd recommend the Altwork Station for you Craig, but I know it won't support your 36 monitors...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...de_900x900.jpg

Datawiz 01-15-2020 6:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1716951)
I'd recommend the Altwork Station for you Craig, but I know it won't support your 72 monitors...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...de_900x900.jpg

Yep, just a few shy. :lol:

FLEXjs 01-15-2020 8:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1716947)
I'm actually a little opposite of that. My back is pretty sensitive, and non-leather chairs make my back itch. On the other hand, I wear shorts every day, and I don't like the back of my thighs touching leather. Old chair I put a towel down on. New chair I "almost" ordered the base as breathable, and back as leather, but in the end, I wanted them to match. Bonus for me...My shorts extend past the leather surface, so no towel needed. Additionally, I have a monster A/C system in my office, and it's usually around 68 degrees in here. No sweating for sure.

My office is always unbearably hot (for me). When I first started I had my own thermostat in my office and it was nice, but we moved some people around and now I have no control and I haven't worn a long-sleeve shirt since the winter of 16-17. Golf shirts year round.

Our main boardroom has leather chairs and when we have long meetings in there I sweat like a pig and my pants stick to my legs. I hate it.

If they let me I'd wear shorts to the office all year round. :dance:

Cybercowboy 01-15-2020 8:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHammer (Post 1716922)

I’ve been rocking one since 2003.

TheHammer 01-15-2020 9:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1717034)
I’ve been rocking one since 2003.

got me beat, 2004 here :seasix:

JetMechZ16 01-16-2020 10:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1717031)
My office is always unbearably hot (for me). When I first started I had my own thermostat in my office and it was nice, but we moved some people around and now I have no control and I haven't worn a long-sleeve shirt since the winter of 16-17. Golf shirts year round.

Our main boardroom has leather chairs and when we have long meetings in there I sweat like a pig and my pants stick to my legs. I hate it.

If they let me I'd wear shorts to the office all year round. :dance:

I walked into the office today and it felt hot as hell in here. I look at the thermostat and someone's moved it from 68* to 72* We compromised and set it at 69*

FLEXjs 01-16-2020 10:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1717275)
I walked into the office today and it felt hot as hell in here. I look at the thermostat and someone's moved it from 68* to 72* We compromised and set it at 69*

I would be happy if we could have it set at 69 here. That's what I keep my house at.

Everyone here cries if it drops below 72 and most times it's 74 or so, and for some reason it's always warmer in my office.

There are people here that wear hoodies and even jackets at 72 and/or run space heaters under their desks. I don't get it.

Mrs Flex and I went to Montreal after Christmas and we walked around the city the only outer-wear I brought with me was a hoodie and the warmest day was maybe 34.