The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   California Is Burning Again (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123417)

Jeff '79 08-19-2020 10:42am

California Is Burning Again

Has anyone experienced the rolling blackouts or, God forbid, fires, that are now affecting California ?
My wife's cousin's county, (Sonoma, Santa Rosa) is having evacuations. Same thing happened to him last year but he got very lucky that the fire stopped at the main road from him. He's getting pretty sick of it, needless to say.

JetMechZ16 08-19-2020 11:29am

Liberal shithole policies have not allowed for any improvements.

Don't allow power companies to build new systems = Deal with rolling blackouts

Don't allow clearing underbrush due to environmental wackos saving flies and lizards= Burn.

Strats-N-Vettes 08-19-2020 11:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1797880)

Don't allow clearing underbrush due to environmental wackos saving flies and lizards= Burn.
Burn + rain = mud slides

fixed for accuracy.

Too bad a lot of good people have to lose and suffer because of that. :yesnod:

JetMechZ16 08-19-2020 11:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1797883)
fixed for accuracy.

They have the right to vote. If their voices aren't being heard they should leave. At some point the only people left in California will be looking around and wondering where all the people that actually do something went.

Steve_R 08-19-2020 11:41am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1797883)
fixed for accuracy.

Bingo! CA voters are getting what they've voted for. CO is feeling the same thing now with huge fires because clearing underbrush and dead trees from forests is no longer allowed, but they at least don't have rolling blackouts.

Strats-N-Vettes 08-19-2020 11:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1797884)
They have the right to vote.
If their voices aren't being heard they should leave.
At some point the only people left in California will be looking around and wondering where all the people that actually do something went.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1797886)
Bingo!
CA voters are getting what they've voted for.
CO is feeling the same thing now with huge fires because clearing underbrush and dead trees from forests is no longer allowed, but they at least don't have rolling blackouts.

I mean; that sounds great...
realistically; they are out voted, and some can't leave. :island14:
I don't think knooger and his fam deserved any of this....or NAV and NOX...etc...

Wathen1955 08-19-2020 11:50am

The rolling blackouts are caused by the green weenies who killed off the generation of electricity using natural gas because of the use of solar generation and wind. I have not been affected by any rolling blackouts yet.
https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...ling-blackouts

As for the fires, my car that sits outside had a coat of ash on the car. You can smell it if you go outside from your house.

Steve_R 08-19-2020 11:54am

Nobody “deserves” it. When a state keeps electing people who treat homeless and illegals better than residents, and their government thinks the environment is more important than people’s lives, you get California.

Strats-N-Vettes 08-19-2020 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1797893)
Nobody “deserves” it. When a state keeps electing people who treat homeless and illegals better than residents, and their government thinks the environment is more important than people’s lives, you get California.

I disagree.
The ones that vote those people in office, and the ones that allow votes for those programs do deserve it.
They get what they voted for.
The normal ones that oppose ridiculous things like shoplifting up to $900., allow pooping in streets don't deserve it.

But...you and I are shooting the same target = we agree = I'm brilliant and extremely handsome = yer a lousy golfer. :yesnod:

mrvette 08-19-2020 12:02pm

My son who lived about 150 miles north of Sacto....called him this AM...about 9 his time and he was on the road to do surveying.....his house is not under threat, but his ex wife's is under an alert......

I asked about my Grandson....he is outta the range playing in a treehouse and swimming pool at some friends place......

Tom said the smoke was getting thick, and so he going to wear a decent mask.....or call in for another day.......

:issues::shots:

Iron Chef 08-19-2020 12:24pm

Leaving that shitbox state for Texas in 1993 was one of the smartest things I've ever done.

z06psi 08-19-2020 12:24pm

icnlt

Mike Mercury 08-19-2020 12:28pm

Quote:

Don't allow clearing underbrush due to environmental wackos saving flies and lizards...

:yesnod:

Steve_R 08-19-2020 2:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1797895)

But...you and I are shooting the same target = we agree = I'm brilliant and extremely handsome = yer a lousy golfer. :yesnod:

:blabla:

Cybercowboy 08-19-2020 3:22pm

Last time I was in that part of the state, about four years ago, I commented to my wife and the others with us that there is an obscene amount of dry tinder every freaking where. When I brought it up with some locals, they all said "YES! And they leave it there because of the environmental policies that come from Sacramento and San Francisco." And it was completely obvious to anyone paying any attention that it was literally a tinderbox awaiting a lit match.

Dan Dlabay 08-19-2020 5:02pm

That state is a left wing shit hole and the idiots there won't do much to help make it save for the people.

Wathen1955 08-19-2020 5:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1798000)
That state is a left wing shit hole and the idiots there won't do much to help make it save for the people.

You think that is bad, wait until 2024 when Gaven "Nuisance" will run for POTUS as a left wing turd. He's been on TV a lot the last several months regarding the CCP virus. The last decent governor we had was Pete Wilson in the late 90's.

VITE1 08-19-2020 5:46pm

The state spend 20 billion a year supporting illegal immigrants and less than a billion a year on fire prevention.

Wathen1955 08-19-2020 7:30pm

Fire map: https://data.thecalifornian.com/fires/

Jobaka 08-20-2020 11:24am

Quote:

This week alone, about 11,000 lightning bolts hit the state within 72 hours -- igniting hundreds of fires, Cal Fire spokesman Jeremy Rahn said. Statewide, there are a total of 367 fires -- 26 of them considered major blazes, officials said.

Source

Waiting for CA to ban lightning...