The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   80% 20% explained by an expert. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122121)

C3C7NIC 03-28-2020 2:46pm

80% 20% explained by an expert.

Interested in the science behind the virus?

A doubter of the predictive numbers?

Not a doubter but still want some clarity on why the entire world as we know it has changed? What's the BIG deal?

mrvette 03-28-2020 3:17pm

NOT 35 minits worth, .......

notes please......

5 min max time.....:sadangel:

Raazor 03-28-2020 3:36pm

I'm generally good for 15-20 seconds of Forum Related attention span.

cliffs?

Stevedore 03-28-2020 3:46pm

Interesting overview. I've been feeling pretty good, but found myself taking deep breaths during his explanation.

I'm taking this seriously, as I already lost a small piece of one lung a long time ago due to complications from pneumonia.

Aerovette 03-28-2020 4:17pm

So many saying this wasn't airborne, have just been shown that is incorrect.

C3C7NIC 03-28-2020 4:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1747110)
So many saying this wasn't airborne, have just been shown that is incorrect.

Droplet spread is not "airborne".

https://media.nationalgeographic.org...b4da8e0b5c.jpg

Aerovette 03-28-2020 4:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1747111)

So this doctor is wrong. That casts doubt on every other thing he said.

Can I get my 35 minutes back?

C3C7NIC 03-28-2020 4:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1747117)
So this doctor is wrong. That casts doubt on every other thing he said.

Can I get my 35 minutes back?

Out of that entire educational experience, that is all you took away?

At 6:11 he clearly explains the "airborne" being 6 foot from someone when they cough/sneeze etc, not "airborne" like anywhere is a room with someone like chicken pox. Hence the chart I posted up that explains to confusing difference to the lay person. :banana1:

Aerovette 03-28-2020 5:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1747119)
Out of that entire educational experience, that is all you took away?

At 6:11 he clearly explains the "airborne" being 6 foot from someone when they cough/sneeze etc, not "airborne" like anywhere is a room with someone like chicken pox. Hence the chart I posted up that explains to confusing difference to the lay person. :banana1:

I wasn't confused by his definition. You said it is not airborne (as did a few others), he clearly stated it is airborne...along with the explanation of airborne vs aerosolized. That was my point, not my take away. :seasix:

My take-away is that it works just like every other respiratory ailment once in the body. The key is keeping it out of the body via cleanliness, limiting risk of exposure, etc.

Cool 50th AE 03-28-2020 5:05pm

I’m not a big fan of a doctor that will cut the stomach out of fat teenage girls because it’s easier than going on a diet.

Steve_R 03-28-2020 5:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1747095)
I'm generally good for 15-20 seconds of Forum Related attention span.

cliffs?

15-20 seconds? Impressive. :seasix:

Cliffs?

Mick 03-28-2020 5:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1747111)

I saw "fecal-oral" and moved on. I'm just not into tossing salads and such.

Aerovette 03-28-2020 5:16pm

It was actually very informative, but I could have done without the doom and gloom finale.

In related news, I went outside and looked up and the sky has not yet fallen.

dwjz06 03-28-2020 5:24pm

People will drop off of this guys video with the pimp story. WTF? of all the examples. Funny, but he wants people to take this seriously right. I had pneumonia before, and this scares the chit out of me, cause he explained in detail how I almost died in 2009. He can edit it down some too.:seasix::cert:

Mick 03-28-2020 6:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1747129)
People will drop off of this guys video with the pimp story. WTF? of all the examples. Funny, but he wants people to take this seriously right. I had pneumonia before, and this scares the chit out of me, cause he explained in detail how I almost died in 2009. He can edit it down some too.:seasix::cert:

I've had viral pneumonia three times, most recently in 2010. All three times, I was sure I was going to die. in fact, about the time I was ready to swallow a bottle of rat poison was when I started to feel a little better. So believe me, I know getting one of these things is no joke.

Here is what I think we should be learning from all of this:

1. If you are sick, STAY THE **** HOME!

2. Our health care system is exactly ZERO PERCENT better prepared for this shit than they were 100 years ago when the "Spanish Flu" hit. The entire industry should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Our so-called "political leadership" is NOT AT ALL PREPARED for a serious threat like an infectious disease that is running rampant in our society. They should also be ashamed of themselves.

One of the things I used to get paid a handsome amount of money per year to work on was "contingency planning". It seems to me like our health care system and political leadership has not given a single thought to that. This is what has seriously pissed me off. There are folks out there that do this for a living, and are a shit load smarter than I am. HIRE SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE FOR THIS SHIT!

But no, we'll just give trillions of dollars to museums and shit, and we'll all feel better in a couple of weeks. :barf:

MrPeabody 03-28-2020 6:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1747144)
I've had viral pneumonia three times, most recently in 2010. All three times, I was sure I was going to die. in fact, about the time I was ready to swallow a bottle of rat poison was when I started to feel a little better. So believe me, I know getting one of these things is no joke.

Here is what I think we should be learning from all of this:

1. If you are sick, STAY THE **** HOME!

2. Our health care system is exactly ZERO PERCENT better prepared for this shit than they were 100 years ago when the "Spanish Flu" hit. The entire industry should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Our so-called "political leadership" is NOT AT ALL PREPARED for a serious threat like an infectious disease that is running rampant in our society. They should also be ashamed of themselves.

One of the things I used to get paid a handsome amount of money per year to work on was "contingency planning". It seems to me like our health care system and political leadership has not given a single thought to that. This is what has seriously pissed me off. There are folks out there that do this for a living, and are a shit load smarter than I am. HIRE SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE FOR THIS SHIT!

But no, we'll just give trillions of dollars to museums and shit, and we'll all feel better in a couple of weeks. :barf:

The health care industry is run by accountants.:yesnod:

Knooger 03-28-2020 7:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1747126)
In related news, I went outside and looked up and the sky has not yet fallen.

Check again at the beginning of June.

Raazor 03-28-2020 7:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1747123)
15-20 seconds? Impressive. :seasix:

Cliffs?

well, it's nic. for most it's' 7-10 seconds :rofl:

Aerovette 03-28-2020 7:49pm

Here's another...no pimps mentioned in this one.

Hardluck 03-28-2020 8:04pm

Hey did you guys hear about the patent the US Army had on this years ago and then the European patent on the cure for it!!! Ask SB, she will tell you all about it!:hurray::yesnod: