The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C4 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Duh! Read the owner's manual! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67990)

Black95 06-23-2014 9:04pm

Duh! Read the owner's manual!

Went to a small town car show this past weekend. Showed the car with the hood open for several hours, so thought I should remove the hood light bulbs because I didn't want them on for several hours at the show. When I got home, I got to thinking, that it would be easier to splice in a switch to the line or pull which ever fuse controled the hood lights, so looked in the owner's manual to find out which one it was. Came across page 6-73 in the owner's manual for my 1995 and there is plain sight "Underhood Lamps Fuse: Your Corvette has one single fuse underhood for the underhood lamps. The fuse is under the hood on the driver's sidemarker lamp assembly. Leaving your hood open and your underhood lams n can drain your battery. If you need to keep the hood oen for an extended period of time, remove the underhood lamps fuse."

Corvette thought of us again at car shows. Maybe I will have to spend more time reading the owner's manual!
:dance:

DukeAllen 06-24-2014 1:26am

How many asked what kind of Nissan it was :funny:

Black95 06-24-2014 6:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeAllen (Post 1198283)
How many asked what kind of Nissan it was :funny:

Only one!!! But I was surrounded by Mustang Cobras and boy do those guys like to talk about their cars! The one to my right was a 2001 32 valve aluminum engine, so I had to hear all about it. It was a garage-trailer queen. At least the two 'stangs on my left were drivers. They drove theirs to the show and even drove them off in the middle of the show for a beer break, but didn't bring me back one.
:(

WW7 06-26-2014 5:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black'95 (Post 1198307)
They drove theirs to the show and even drove them off in the middle of the show for a beer break, but didn't bring me back one.
:(

The rotten bastards,they could have brought you one back...... :drink3:
When I go to car shows or cruise-ins, I just unplug the under hood lights at the front of the car..There's one plug near the overflow tank that you unplug and both lights go out...When your done just plug it back in....:seasix:....WW

Black95 06-26-2014 7:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WW7 (Post 1199697)
The rotten bastards,they could have brought you one back...... :drink3:
When I go to car shows or cruise-ins, I just unplug the under hood lights at the front of the car..There's one plug near the overflow tank that you unplug and both lights go out...When your done just plug it back in....:seasix:....WW

Thanks! Just looked under the hood and found that connector. Will use it in the future.
:dance:

hcbph 07-03-2014 12:27pm

Underhood lights

It's either Eckler's or Corvette Center that has a little wiring kit that's plug and play. Unhook the 2 underhood lights, plug this little setup into the wiring and it had a pushbutton on-off switch. Very easy to use and easy to restore the lights with a push of the button.