The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Neighbors (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128807)

09CTSV 06-19-2022 7:56am

Neighbors

We have a neighbor who a few years back had been stalking my wife. He also stalked his step daughters. We called his bluff and got the sheriff involved and put a stop to it real quick. He has done a few things over the years like walking around his front yard with a pistol while the grand kids next door were riding their bikes. He was also shooting his gun into the ground claiming he was hunting moles. Cops said it was okay as long as he was in his backyard, this is in the city limits. The state police had a different opinion and he stopped it rather quickly.
He used to stand across the street and stare into our bay window. He does donuts in the middle of the street with his lawn mower so he can blow anything in the street onto our property. We just laugh at it.

This week he must have figured out I wasn't around and started up some antics again. He waits for his wife to leave, walks out to check the mail, gets in his vehicle and rides by our house as close to the side of the street as he can while my wife is mowing the yard by the street. She tries to do this when he is not home to avoid any conflict. Yesterday he left, came back and checked the mail, sped along our side near my wife and then did it again about 5 minutes later. I told her to call the State Police again, locals won't do crap and seeing as we are in the city limits the Sheriff refers matters to the locals. She doesn't want to start anything so close to leaving and just wants to get the heck out of there. Almost three weeks until we close on our house here in IA and get the heck out of IN.

MikeB 06-19-2022 8:02am

Man, that sucks.
3 weeks will seem like 3 months.
Hopefully the StatePolce will be some help.

mrvette 06-19-2022 8:34am

Age 78 here, and watt with all the moves in my lifetime, I have NEVER had any neighbors THAT off the wall, weird, strange, watt-EVER.....even with all the moves in/out/deaths/purchases over the last 25 years here in funny Floriduh...I have not witnessed anything close to that shit.....in a typical 1/4 acre burb....

:issues:

DJ_Critterus 06-19-2022 8:54am

You could always take a baseball bat to his knees and claim self defense with all of his prior history.

MadInNc 06-19-2022 9:36am

Get video, or fake it. Most likely freak him out and should stop

Louie Detroit 06-19-2022 9:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1964401)
Age 78 here, and watt with all the moves in my lifetime, I have NEVER had any neighbors THAT off the wall, weird, strange, watt-EVER.....even with all the moves in/out/deaths/purchases over the last 25 years here in funny Floriduh...I have not witnessed anything close to that shit.....in a typical 1/4 acre burb....

:issues:

Gene, maybe you’re the oddball then? :D

Bill 06-19-2022 10:21am

With a 3 week countdown, I'd just try and ignore the guy, as long as he's not actually setting foot on your property. This problem will solve itself in 3 weeks, the guy is obviously unstable and not rational. Those are the most frightening kinds of people; they can't be reasoned with. As long as he doesn't come on property, I'd do nothing to escalate the situation.

Does the guy deserve an ass whipping? Yes, yes he does. Having said that, it's not worth the negative consequences to you for doing so, and if you call the state police again, you're just escalating a bad situation. Who knows what this psycho is capable of if pushed, and he's obviously trying to goad y'all into a response. He probably gets off on conflict. Don't reward him with what he wants.

StaticCling 06-19-2022 10:23am

I have never been without a neighbor problem. :island14:

IrishSpuds 06-19-2022 11:01am

:yesnod:
Lesson learned, don’t live next to Doug.

Anjdog2003 06-19-2022 11:26am

44 Mag.

/thread

Torqaholic 06-19-2022 11:55am

Had a family on the kitty-corner adjoining property when I first moved here causing problems in the neighborhood.

Our introduction to them was the day we moved in. Their kid was wandering around inside my house rummaging through our boxes because the door was left open so people could carry things in off the truck. Told him to get out and the next thing our youngest comes running in the house screaming and crying that the little freak had shoved dirt up his ass. I made it known to the dad that our property was off-limits and we had no further problems with them, other neighbors were not as lucky :sadangel:

Cops were at their place about once a month. They'd proclaim they were on the verge of moving away and things calmed down until the next incident. No idea what the commotion was but it's hard not to notice cops working around here. They eventually moved but it took 5 years.

The dad was a septic tank cleaner and the mom looked like Jabba the Hut. Only detail I recall hearing was the freak being investigated by child protective services for raping his little sister.

Just met a new neighbor a few days ago. Seems very nice. Works at the school. When I told her my name she asked if I was related to my granddaughter. Small towns are like that.

MadInNc 06-19-2022 12:29pm

@09CTSV. Do NOT tell buyers about this dufas. Out of sight, out of mind. Get check and cash, move it right a way. Hopefully the asshat won’t bug them during the move in

GTOguy 06-19-2022 1:35pm

You need to get your husband to whip that perv's ass.

Aerovette 06-19-2022 1:49pm

Anyone without one crazy neighbor...IS the crazy neighbor. :lol:

04 commemorative 06-19-2022 1:55pm

I have a lot of ideas but being you are moving ....why bother

09CTSV 06-19-2022 3:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1964459)
@09CTSV. Do NOT tell buyers about this dufas. Out of sight, out of mind. Get check and cash, move it right a way. Hopefully the asshat won’t bug them during the move in

The buyers know all about him. They grew up in the house behind ours. This ass hats Daddy has connections somewhere in the community. When his nephew was caught videotaping girls in the rest room and locker room at the junior high, all he got was his teachers license revoked. No jail time, no money nothing. Daddy intervened. We knew we were in for a long fight no matter what we did, hence why it took two years of his stalking before we got it on tape. I also confronted the school district and had a GPS monitor put on his school van. Him and Daddy had to return about 30 tools they took from the school using around the houses. I guess me asking if it was a free loaner program with my tax dollars got his boss thinking. I did ask when the next school board meeting was because apparently they have too much money in the maintenance budget if this jerk could go driving around stalking my wife.
When the Sherriff pulled him in to confront him and his wife, he about had a nervous breakdown. I know the button's to push but with me being 8 hours away, I want my family safe and out of there.
We have good cameras up on the house and he knows it. About the time he thinks he has a blind spot, poof a new wireless camera is there. He about shit when his wife pointed out the new Arlo cameras catching his little antics.
If it was just me I had to worry about, there would be some evil shit happening to the little cumquat, but I worry about what he would do when I am not there to my wife or pets.
I've taken a nice leisurely stroll to the mailbox with the Mossberg Cruiser on my shoulder and also with the 9MM in the concealed carry holster. This deters him for a few months but apparently that timeframe is over and he is back to the games again.
Walmart had good video of him recently stalking my wife. They showed it to the local police with no follow up so they contacted the state police and there was follow up. He starts to feel bold again after nothing happens for a bit. He is 73 years old and needs a little jail time with Bubba. He'd be singing a different tune when he got out minus a few teeth and a barely audible fart.

m and t's77 06-19-2022 4:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1964466)
Anyone without one crazy neighbor...IS the crazy neighbor. :lol:

Living in the sticks and not even seeing your neighbors house's has its advantages.
:dance:

MadInNc 06-19-2022 5:25pm

@09CTSV, write up everything including above and send to local news channel for help, then move next day. Blame local police for lack of support :rofl:

09CTSV 06-19-2022 5:47pm

Been there done that no coverage and not worth the hassle for three more weeks. I'll be glad to get the hell out of the area we are in.

Aerovette 06-19-2022 5:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by m and t's77 (Post 1964492)
Living in the sticks and not even seeing your neighbors house's has its advantages.
:dance:

I considered this but in the end, I decided it didn't offer enough advantage. I remember camping in the middle of nowhere near a lake and trying to sleep while a boat in the middle of the lake was blasting music...no houses to block the sound made it seem like they were 20 feet away.

If you can be in the sticks with QUIET neighbors, there probably isn't anything better. :seasix: