The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What Is Your Most Loved/Liked (whatever) Object (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122791)

Norm 06-08-2020 4:39pm

What Is Your Most Loved/Liked (whatever) Object

6 Attachment(s)
.....that you have, not counting your main squeeze, children, pets, or anything human, an inanimate object only.

Was doing what I normally do about twice a week, caress the body lines of my Z. After almost 5 years, almost 50K on the clock, this beast looks good and runs great, When out and about, this car still turns heads and gets admiring looks and thumbs ups. At the local cruise-ins, still gets positive comments. This car is probably the only thing that can pump up my ego a bit. :D

Sorry, not as appetizing as pulled pork sammiches et al...........

Jeff '79 06-08-2020 4:55pm

My right hand ? :leaving:

Aerovette 06-08-2020 4:56pm

I'm rather fond of my house, although, like me, it isn't aging well.

Great patio, decent game room, big garage...most of all, my wife didn't get it in the divorce. :D

Norm 06-08-2020 4:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1773257)
My right hand ? :leaving:

I actually expected that from you, I saw that big Popeye arm.......:D

Norm 06-08-2020 5:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1773258)

Great patio, decent game room, big garage...most of all, my wife didn't get it in the divorce. :D

The house, garage, property a close second.

MrPeabody 06-08-2020 5:12pm

If you want to find out what's important to you, try having five minutes to evacuate your house for a fire. First thing I grabbed were my dogs, then necessities like some clothes, my computers, etc. But the next things were some artwork hanging on my walls, and family pictures. Funny thing is, the jewelry never crossed my mind, or my wife's.

Pro tip: (My wife thought of this) If your clothes hamper is full, grab that. It's full of the clothes you most commonly use at the present time.:yesnod:

Rodnok1 06-08-2020 5:12pm

My sanity, close second is my favorite screwdriver.

snide 06-08-2020 5:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1773258)

:party::party::party:

Cybercowboy 06-08-2020 6:11pm

My livelihood is on bitbucket, so if all my computer stuff got destroyed it would suck but my source code that counts would still exist. 95% of the equipment that would be hard to replace quickly could be grabbed in a minute anyway (a couple laptops, our phones and tablets...)

But I'd save our two cats first, then grab the data that I can, and the small fire safe if we had time. All could be carried by my wife and I in a single load. And I'd try to get both our vehicles out of the garage and mobile because that seems important.

Are they my "most loved" objects? :island14:

Anjdog2003 06-08-2020 6:12pm

My mirror. :Entropy:

dvarapala 06-08-2020 6:15pm

California. :yesnod:

Note: This does not include the liberal ****s who run it or the scumbag assholes who inhabit it. :nono:

slewfoot 06-09-2020 4:29pm

https://i.imgur.com/eTi0LdD.jpg

five-oh 06-09-2020 11:28pm

1 Attachment(s)
These. They are neither one anywhere near show quality, but I've got a lifetime of memories in both of them. The rust colored '52 is currently undergoing a driver quality restoration- I first rode in it when I was barely able to see over the dash while Daddy drove. The '46 I bought when my daughter was 2 and have put around 150-200k miles on it, with her beside me, and it is my daily. There's not enough money in the Federal Reserve to buy either of them.

mrvette 06-10-2020 2:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by five-oh (Post 1773578)
These. They are neither one anywhere near show quality, but I've got a lifetime of memories in both of them. The rust colored '52 is currently undergoing a driver quality restoration- I first rode in it when I was barely able to see over the dash while Daddy drove. The '46 I bought when my daughter was 2 and have put around 150-200k miles on it, with her beside me, and it is my daily. There's not enough money in the Federal Reserve to buy either of them.

Yeh, my '72 vette, but my son has his ex father in laws '57 chebby pickup, he put an LS engine in it, and set it all up.....but the body is like your red one there, except green......

:lol:

Olustee bus 06-10-2020 4:19am

Quote:

I can sure understand that. I love both of them and can understand why they are special to you.

simpleman68 06-10-2020 8:52am

Tie between these 2 objects.
Scott

The car

https://i.imgur.com/AcqOqMph.jpg

The speakers

https://i.imgur.com/ftW1b71h.jpg

five-oh 06-10-2020 4:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1773615)
Tie between these 2 objects.
Scott

The GTO is awesome...

MrPeabody 06-10-2020 4:58pm

Quote:

I learned how to drive in a '52 GMC truck.:seasix:

04 commemorative 06-10-2020 5:47pm

me on a 53 Chevy 3 on the tree 6 cyl :seasix:

markids77 06-10-2020 7:16pm

I love my wife and family. The rest is just stuff. Some of it is useful, some is pretty, some I wonder why I even have it, but stuff is just stuff.