The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C6 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Quick question on Homelink (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12960)

erickpl 04-25-2011 10:16am

Quick question on Homelink

Do the C6's have Homelink?

If so, have you tested to see if Homelink works with the keys out?

My 2005 Avalanche was in our driveway and somebody broke into it last weekend. They were one button push away from home access and a nasty reception from me, my dogs, and a few shiny lead pushers.

I rewired my Homelink to only work with the keys in ACC or with the engine running, but wanted to see if other Chevrolet vehicles had the same issue. I confirmed a friend's 2011 Avalanche and Tahoe still work w/o keys.

bradc6 04-25-2011 3:54pm

I know my GMC Sierra's will work without a key.

Certain trim levels have the Homelink, my 07 is 3LT and has it. I've always got the fob in my pocket when I'm near the car but I bet it would work without it.

But why would that be any different than having a garage door opener clipped to the visor. It's gonna open the garage door.

erickpl 04-26-2011 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradc6 (Post 252245)
I know my GMC Sierra's will work without a key.

Certain trim levels have the Homelink, my 07 is 3LT and has it. I've always got the fob in my pocket when I'm near the car but I bet it would work without it.

But why would that be any different than having a garage door opener clipped to the visor. It's gonna open the garage door.

This is true about the garage door opener. That's why my cars have Homelink - so I don't need the garage opener in the car. :)

I just closed that loophole at my house. Only my Jeep has no garage opener at all. I have a keypad with a keycode to key in.

Am I saying this is a mod people should do? Perhaps - if they don't have a garage opener but do have Homelink working. It just makes it that much more effort for somebody to get into your house and get at your stuff --- or worse --- your family.

talon90 05-02-2011 8:02pm

Corvettes had homelink until October of 2006 (2007 model year). At that time it was changed to a Lear Car-2-U system and is no longer Homelink compatible.

bradc6 05-03-2011 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 260991)
Corvettes had homelink until October of 2006 (2007 model year). At that time it was changed to a Lear Car-2-U system and is no longer Homelink compatible.

Hey Paul, didn't know you were over here.

I knew they changed it for 2007 but everyone still calls it Homelink. My 2007 owners manual has the Homelink programming instructions which drove me nuts until I figured out it was different.

talon90 05-03-2011 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradc6 (Post 261576)
Hey Paul, didn't know you were over here.

I knew they changed it for 2007 but everyone still calls it Homelink. My 2007 owners manual has the Homelink programming instructions which drove me nuts until I figured out it was different.

Hey Brad,

Yeah, I stop in here to see if I can help with anything from time to time (wish there was a little more traffic.)

You're not alone with the Homelink vs. Car-2-U confusion...it lingered for a little while.

Denman 05-04-2011 10:23pm

Not only had it changed manufactures the new stuff also does not work with martin garage door openers out of the box :(