The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Do companies know how to ship anymore (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12660)

wicked_c6 04-20-2011 12:29pm

Do companies know how to ship anymore

Every year for the 4th of July we do a large fireworks display at our lakehouse. 3" mortar tubes, 500 gram cakes, that kinda stuff. This year instead of burning my thumbs off and scrambling to safety like a little girl I decided to order a 20 cue wireless detonating device. Basically I can wire up 20 fireworks and once and sit on my deck and lighting off fireworks (this way I don't have to worry about spilling my beer :) )

So the device is $400 and the firing fuses about $60 for 100. Cool considering we light off about 100 or so different fireworks.

I get the package from this company (mortar tubes online) today - shipped via USPS (first worry) - open the package and pull out the boxes. Pulling the boxes inside out the box is packed with brawny towels and crumpled up newspapers. Boxes look like they'd been humped by a great dane, then sat on by a 400 lbs postal worker then dragged behing the mail truck for 2 miles.

Apparently its a heavy flow day for me. :) But its about the 5th time in the past 4 months I've received a package that was totally fubared.

Here's my email back to the company:

Quote:

Nice packing job on the $400 20 cue rechargeable firing system I ordered on 4/13. Always nice to see you let 12 year old handicapable kids do your packing. One would think that crumpled newspapers, and cottenelle towels should be left to light camp fires and clean up counters. While I commend you and your recycling efforts… might I suggest you package things a bit more professionally? Bubble wrap is all up about $20 for a 100ft roll. The boxes sent looked like they’d been through a warzone – plausible since it was delivered via USPS. I’d be hesitant to order anything further from your online store knowing this is how you ship items.

Appears everything works…but I think you get my complaint.
btw...the firing system is pretty damn cool. If you have lots of fireworks to setoff (or a significant others car to wireless detonate... I highly recommend it.

G8rDMD 04-20-2011 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked_c6 (Post 245840)
Every year for the 4th of July we do a large fireworks display at our lakehouse. 3" mortar tubes, 500 gram cakes, that kinda stuff. This year instead of burning my thumbs off and scrambling to safety like a little girl I decided to order a 20 cue wireless detonating device. Basically I can wire up 20 fireworks and once and sit on my deck and lighting off fireworks (this way I don't have to worry about spilling my beer :) )

So the device is $400 and the firing fuses about $60 for 100. Cool considering we light off about 100 or so different fireworks.

I get the package from this company (mortar tubes online) today - shipped via USPS (first worry) - open the package and pull out the boxes. Pulling the boxes inside out the box is packed with brawny towels and crumpled up newspapers. Boxes look like they'd been humped by a great dane, then sat on by a 400 lbs postal worker then dragged behing the mail truck for 2 miles.

Apparently its a heavy flow day for me. :) But its about the 5th time in the past 4 months I've received a package that was totally fubared.

Here's my email back to the company:

btw...the firing system is pretty damn cool. If you have lots of fireworks to setoff (or a significant others car to wireless detonate... I highly recommend it.

This is honestly all I can see after reading your post and it is way TMI :slap: :rofl:

wicked_c6 04-20-2011 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by G8rDMD (Post 245852)
This is honestly all I can see after reading your post and it is way TMI :slap: :rofl:

So are you saying I shouldn't also mention I put my pad on sticky side up? :dance:

G8rDMD 04-20-2011 2:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked_c6 (Post 245856)
So are you saying I shouldn't also mention I put my pad on sticky side up? :dance:

After awhile, isn't the whole thing sticky? :shots:

Superstreet 04-20-2011 2:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked_c6 (Post 245856)

Nice! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kerrmudgeon 04-20-2011 2:56pm

You could have at least included some pics of the device or boxes so save this thread. Click and reading time back please! :toetap:

Superstreet 04-20-2011 3:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 246089)
You could have at least included some pics of the device or boxes so save this thread. Click and reading time back please! :toetap:

Careful what you ask for,Robbie. He might post pics of his pad. :willy:

Rob 04-20-2011 3:23pm

pics of the fireworks ????

Mark C5 04-20-2011 4:05pm

Thread save

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...4/BigBoobs.jpg

themonk 04-20-2011 4:15pm

The least they could've done was use Brawny, bastages!

kingpin 04-20-2011 5:07pm

I think the heavier and the smaller the package the more it gets fecked up.

I ordered 14 speaker drivers from a company called Parts Express in Ohio a few years ago. 7 of them were damaged and the boxes looked like they were put in a compactor. Each box averaged out to $120 and was maybe an 1/8" single ply cardboard with 3/16" of foam in it. Not enough for something that weighs 20-30lbs.

When I called them about the damaged drivers they were nice enough to send me 7 more, custom pack them and send them white glove service.
They also told me to throw out the damaged ones cause it would cost more to ship them back.

When I ship things it's overpacked. An extra couple dollars in materials saves a lot of headache.