The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   C'mon 'pubs...I want my kids to be able to breathe (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24407)

Flatbush Harry 11-03-2011 9:24pm

C'mon 'pubs...I want my kids to be able to breathe

Biggest jump ever seen in global warming gases - Yahoo! News

I realize this shit and "evolution" are tough for some assholes to grasp, but still..........

:beat:

Harry, wanting some kind of world for our kids' generation

Mike Mercury 11-03-2011 9:29pm

and just yesterday I read where a leading climatological scientest declared that iif there was any manmade global warming... it's now over (due to the analysis of the past 2 years temperature measurements).

Why wouldn't' the 'pubs also want clean air and clean water for their kids/grandkids :confused:

Kerrmudgeon 11-03-2011 9:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatbush Harry (Post 470194)

I realize this shit and "evolution" are tough for some assholes to grasp, but still..........

Totally agree Harry, and all the idiots that don't believe in the warming of the planet from man's stupidity might want to take their collective heads out of the sand, it's about bloody time! :slap::kick::beat:

JRD77VET 11-03-2011 9:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 470196)
and just yesterday I read where a leading climatological scientest declared that iif there was any manmade global warming... it's now over (due to the analysis of the past 2 years temperature measurements).

Why wouldn't' the 'pubs also want clean air and clean water for their kids/grandkids :confused:

There isn't any ( free govt ) money in that info---just ignore it

VatorMan 11-03-2011 9:40pm

Don't think the Republicans can force India and China do do anything. No matter how many times Obama bows to them.

SnikPlosskin 11-03-2011 9:42pm

Why do you lefties keep repeating such nonsense about the pubs? It only degrades your credibility.

theriver 11-03-2011 9:48pm

OP needs to take his organ grinder elsewhere:sleep:

Sea Six 11-03-2011 10:21pm

Feck clean air and clean water. We can all just drink vodka and breathe whippets.

I say, Planet Earth can take one for the team. :yesnod:

Sea Six 11-03-2011 10:28pm

U.S. Carbon Footprint Shrank 7 Percent In Past 4 Years, Report Says | Fox News

boracayjohnny 11-03-2011 11:02pm

Quote:

When I want exacting truth and unflappable logic, I go to Yahoo for the latest on Kim Kardashian and global warming.

Millenium Vette 11-04-2011 1:27am

Quote:

Harry, do you really take yahoo news as gospel when it comes to environmental matters? I expect better out of you, seriously. If you really want to clean up the environment "for the children" the first cause you should push is to outlaw volcanoes. When Mt. St. Helens erupted back in 1980, it put more pollution into the air than man ever has. I remember cleaning the ash off of the boat windows a few days after it happened and I live in Michigan. The pollution thrown off from that incident was serious enough to affect temperatures for the next few months. I also remember scientists saying that the amount of sunlight reaching the ground was affected by the air quality for several months after that. Don't take anyone's word for the validity of environmental matters whether it is the mainstream media's or a dude with two cats in his avatar on a car forum. I doubt you have ever done that when it comes to financial matters that affect your family, so why would you when it comes to something as important as the environment? Do a little research on your own. You will realize that the media and politicians are as stupid about the environment as they are about what we should be doing with our money. :cert:

Tinkerbell in Texas 11-04-2011 3:01am

Hey Harry.......CO2 isn't a pollutant. Just try living without it. ;)

Millenium Vette 11-04-2011 3:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell in Texas (Post 470268)
Hey Harry.......CO2 isn't a pollutant. Just try living without it. ;)

:iagree:

And good to see you posting Tinkerbell! You always bring common sense in with your posts. Hope all is well with you. :cert:

Tinkerbell in Texas 11-04-2011 3:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 470270)
:iagree:

And good to see you posting Tinkerbell! You always bring common sense in with your posts. Hope all is well with you. :cert:

Hey MV! Thanks! How's GR? Got any snow yet?
All is well here (in sunny Perth on vacation!) :D

78SA 11-04-2011 3:47am

:rofl:

Jeff '79 11-04-2011 5:55am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 470198)
Totally agree Harry, and all the idiots that don't believe in the warming of the planet from man's stupidity might want to take their collective heads out of the sand, it's about bloody time! :slap::kick::beat:

Evolution, being the key word.....Evolution happens. Deal with it. Natural selection will weed out the beings that can't deal with it, leaving the strong to continue on.....That's just the way it works. Like it or not.
I'm not saying that I like it, but that's just the way it is.
Aotomobiles are the bane of the atmosphere. I don't see combustion engines disappearing in our lifetime,,,,

Kerrmudgeon 11-04-2011 6:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 470293)
Evolution, being the key word.....Evolution happens. Deal with it. Natural selection will weed out the beings that can't deal with it, leaving the strong to continue on.....That's just the way it works. Like it or not.
I'm not saying that I like it, but that's just the way it is.
Aotomobiles are the bane of the atmosphere. I don't see combustion engines disappearing in our lifetime,,,,

How very true.......if you have millions of years for that to happen! :slap:

Jeff '79 11-04-2011 6:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 470308)
How very true.......if you have millions of years for that to happen! :slap:

That was the point that you missed from Harry's post, and the reason for my post including you. Evolution happens daily. An easy example for you to comprehend is Steve Jobs' effect on the world in the last 20 years....Millions of years ??? I think not.

Kerrmudgeon 11-04-2011 6:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 470311)
That was the point that you missed from Harry's post, and the reason for my post including you. Evolution happens daily. An easy example for you to comprehend is Steve Jobs' effect on the world in the last 20 years....Millions of years ??? I think not.

:iagree:______:rofl:

Jeff '79 11-04-2011 6:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 470312)
:iagree:______:rofl:

One's ability to deal with change, determines ones success in the evolutionary ladder. Steve Jobs really shook up the box, and forced many changes in the way humans interact, and basically live.