The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Immediate Evacuation, The bear fire (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123585)

MEANZ06 09-09-2020 8:13pm

Quick update, got the kids out and back to the bay safe. My family that lives up there are out and safe too

It's gone :sadangel:

BOTY 09-09-2020 8:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1804215)
Quick update, got the kids out and back to the bay safe. My family that lives up there are out and safe too

:sadangel: Prayers bro. :sadangel:

Rikki Z-06 09-09-2020 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1804216)
:sadangel: Prayers bro. :sadangel:

:withstupid:

Prayers sent from Florida. :sadangel:

So sorry. :sadangel:

JRD77VET 09-09-2020 8:38pm

Quote:

Sorry to hear it's gone but the main thing ( and most important) is that you're all safe.

You can replace the material things :yesnod:

Sea Six 09-10-2020 5:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1804063)
Dang man, I’ve dealt with hurricanes my entire 53 years on this planet. So I get you can’t always take all your stuff with you before it’s too late.

But you literally just needed to hook up, disconnect and run with the camper. And you were actually there.

What gives?

So why couldn't you take ten minutes to disconnect electric, sewer and water hookups, hitch to your truck and drive off?

:waiting:

JetMechZ16 09-10-2020 8:00am

Quote:

Sorry :sadangel:

It's good to hear that you won't be attending any funerals or sitting bedside in a hospital praying. Sometimes the blessings are hidden behind the tragedies.

MEANZ06 09-10-2020 9:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1804262)
So why couldn't you take ten minutes to disconnect electric, sewer and water hookups, hitch to your truck and drive off?

I took the hitch out when we parked it, It's at my uncle's and I have to use the tractor to get and pick it up. No time for all that

Sea Six 09-10-2020 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1804303)
I took the hitch out when we parked it, It's at my uncle's and I have to use the tractor to get and pick it up. No time for all that

I actually thought that would be the reason.

Oh well too bad- insurance?

FWIW I store my fifth wheel hitch hanging from the trailer kingpin. Easy enough to drive the truck underneath and lower the hitch down. Minimal effort taking the hitch out of my truck, and it's always there if I need it.

NEED-A-VETTE 09-10-2020 2:58pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1804262)

Attachment 47131

Ten minutes? When they tell you to GTFO, you GTFO. Sometimes you don’t even have two minute. :funny:

MEANZ06 09-26-2020 8:17pm

First time up there since that fateful day. I didn't want to go but my wife insisted & needed closure, It was an emotional day. The entire road from the lake and up is unrecognizable. Good news, the tractor & well survived the camper not so much

We registered with FEMA, Red Cross bunch of other stuff so we might be able to rebuild. It will be many years before the trees and vegetation grow back

Steve_R 09-26-2020 8:34pm

Hate to see that. Wishing you the best whatever you decide to do.

Rodnok1 09-26-2020 8:40pm

Were you building a house or is the foundation all that survived the fire? Sucks man...

JRD77VET 09-26-2020 8:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1809076)
First time up there since that fateful day. I didn't want to go but my wife insisted & needed closure, It was an emotional day. The entire road from the lake and up is unrecognizable. Good news, the tractor & well survived the camper not so much

We registered with FEMA, Red Cross bunch of other stuff so we might be able to rebuild. It will be many years before the trees and vegetation grow back

So it's not a total loss then. Yeah , shit happens but you all made it out. Pick out another camper and start "version 2" of camp. Recall the things you wanted to alter and do that now. :yesnod:

The low vegetation will be back shortly so it will green up again.

Best of luck
Jeff

MEANZ06 09-26-2020 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1809082)
Were you building a house or is the foundation all that survived the fire? Sucks man...

We've got 10+ years to retirement. For now we've been using it for a vacation/bug out spot. The plans for building it out were still in it's infancy.