The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   RIP Eddie... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114158)

Cybercowboy 12-12-2017 6:05pm

RIP Eddie...

https://i.imgur.com/vzMnAC6.jpg

Somebody hit him with their car today on our 20 MPH street. Neighbor found him and brought him to my front door in tears. He was still alive at that point but bleeding from the mouth and not conscious. Everybody in the neighborhood knew Eddie. I got him to the vet but he was already gone. He survived a direct hit on his house by an F4 tornado over six years ago, that probably took most of his nine lives.

StaticCling 12-12-2017 6:09pm

Man, I'm Sorry. My Condolences.

RIP Eddie :sadangel:

VITE1 12-12-2017 6:13pm

:sadangel:

MrPeabody 12-12-2017 6:16pm

Really sorry to hear this.

Fasglas 12-12-2017 6:33pm

Jeff '79 12-12-2017 6:35pm

:cry:

99 pewtercoupe 12-12-2017 6:44pm

So sorry to hear :sadangel:
I seem to recall you mentioning earlier how he survived the tornado
RIP Eddie

Bill 12-12-2017 6:54pm

Damn. Very sorry to hear that.

Cybercowboy 12-12-2017 6:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1602872)
So sorry to hear :sadangel:
I seem to recall you mentioning earlier how he survived the tornado
RIP Eddie

He was Eddie the tornado cat. Survived the Joplin tornado, was one of the thousands of homeless pets that were lost or whatever after it happened. His owners didn't know what happened to him, figured he was dead. He survived on his own for about six months before showing up at our house in the dead of winter, at least five miles from where he used to live.

About a year or two later his old owner saw him walking around our neighborhood. She grabbed him up and took him to her trailer house. But he had a collar that said Eddie (she had named him Parrot, eh) and called the phone number on the tag. My wife and her talked, and she said it was her cat. My wife said "Well, OK. I guess he's yours again." About an hour later she called me and said "Well, Eddie's original owner has found him and claimed him." I said "Hmmmm, that's funny. He's sitting on my lap." Ed had escaped her clutches and made it back from her trailer, which was only about a mile away as it turned out, and found our place with no problem. My wife called her back and the lady said "Yeah, he and his brother never got along. They were fighting and I had to let him outside. I guess you can keep him." Yeah, we're keeping him.

Sad that I won't see him out my office window anymore when he wants in. There was no way you could keep him in the house 24/7. He wanted out to roam around, and was very friendly and many neighbors would feed him and even keep him overnight sometimes. He was terrified of thunderstorms (imagine that) and we will miss him a lot.

lspencer534 12-12-2017 7:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1602875)
He was Eddie the tornado cat. Survived the Joplin tornado, was one of the thousands of homeless pets that were lost or whatever after it happened. His owners didn't know what happened to him, figured he was dead. He survived on his own for about six months before showing up at our house in the dead of winter, at least five miles from where he used to live.

About a year or two later his old owner saw him walking around our neighborhood. She grabbed him up and took him to her trailer house. But he had a collar that said Eddie (she had named him Parrot, eh) and called the phone number on the tag. My wife and her talked, and she said it was her cat. My wife said "Well, OK. I guess he's yours again." About an hour later she called me and said "Well, Eddie's original owner has found him and claimed him." I said "Hmmmm, that's funny. He's sitting on my lap." Ed had escaped her clutches and made it back from her trailer, which was only about a mile away as it turned out, and found our place with no problem. My wife called her back and the lady said "Yeah, he and his brother never got along. They were fighting and I had to let him outside. I guess you can keep him." Yeah, we're keeping him.

Sad that I won't see him out my office window anymore when he wants in. There was no way you could keep him in the house 24/7. He wanted out to roam around, and was very friendly and many neighbors would feed him and even keep him overnight sometimes. He was terrified of thunderstorms (imagine that) and we will miss him a lot.

Just...damn. RIP, Eddie. :sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

stingraymyway 12-12-2017 7:11pm

Sorry for your lost. :sadangel:

marrepka 12-12-2017 7:18pm

So sorry dude. RIP Eddie

snide 12-12-2017 7:20pm

:sadangel: RIP, Eddie. :sadangel:

OddBall 12-12-2017 7:20pm

So sorry to hear that. :sadangel:

Dan Dlabay 12-12-2017 7:21pm

Sorry to hear. He is now in animal heaven.:sadangel:

mrvette 12-12-2017 7:21pm

The cat that immediately adopted me after wife showed up with him and sister has very similar markings, same litter type close.....sorry for you loss man....:sadangel:

Maybe it's just the colder weather, but Bo is spending time on the bed at night....

:shots:

m and t's77 12-12-2017 7:23pm

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Millenium Vette 12-12-2017 7:45pm

Loco Vette 12-12-2017 7:53pm

JRD77VET 12-12-2017 7:56pm

Sorry to hear about Eddie :sad: :sadangel:

For being "just an animal", they sure hold a special place in our hearts.