The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   MSNBC AZ Poll On Immigration (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3140)

Peter Pan 06-17-2010 9:49am

MSNBC AZ Poll On Immigration

Seems Americans are without a doubt in favor of the new AZ law:hurray:

msnbc.com U.S. & World News - Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration?

WKMCD 06-17-2010 10:06am

I'm American... :flag:

vettex2 06-17-2010 10:20am

96% for

Z06PDQ 06-17-2010 1:11pm

being pulled over & questioned/searched for the way you look....coming soon to YOUR state. :cheers:

Y2Kvert4me 06-17-2010 3:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 39124)
being pulled over & questioned/searched for the way you look....coming soon to YOUR state. :cheers:

You don't believe that already happens in every state? :skep:

Heck, as a motorist, 39 states can already search and detain you any time you happen to arrive at one of those random checkpoints, with no reason or suspicion needed whatsoever.
Even the US Supreme court agrees that is a blatant violation of the 4th amendment...but yet they chose to allow it in the interest of "safety". :rolleyes:

At least this AZ effort still falls under the premise of reasonable suspicion required. It's very purposeful legislation with minimal intrusion to the rights of US citizens.
Why any US citizen, especially one on the roads with a valid US DL and proof of insurance would worry about this is a mystery. :confused5:

:cheers:

Peter Pan 06-17-2010 4:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 39128)
You don't believe that already happens in every state? :skep:

Heck, as a motorist, 39 states can already search and detain you any time you happen to arrive at one of those random checkpoints, with no reason or suspicion needed whatsoever.
Even the US Supreme court agrees that is a blatant violation of the 4th amendment...but yet they chose to allow it in the interest of "safety". :rolleyes:

At least this AZ effort still falls under the premise of reasonable suspicion required. It's very purposeful legislation with minimal intrusion to the rights of US citizens.
Why any US citizen, especially one on the roads with a valid US DL and proof of insurance would worry about this is a mystery. :confused5:

:cheers:

:iagree:The only ones who have to worry are those here illegal, when I get pulled over it is always DL and insurance card, what's wrong with that, seems to be normal, if you do not have ID more questions are warranted and yes Texas has those safety stops I go through them on my way East from the border:cheers: