The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tesla's Cybertruck (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120680)

snide 11-22-2019 10:33am

Tesla's Cybertruck

Apparently, this is not a joke...

:funnier::funnier::funnier:

Barn Babe 11-22-2019 10:37am

It's hideous.

snide 11-22-2019 10:39am

Make's the Pontiac Aztek look beautiful. :funnier::funnier::funnier:

Datawiz 11-22-2019 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1687755)
Make's the Pontiac Aztek look beautiful. :funnier::funnier::funnier:

I had to check the calendar, I thought it was April 1st for a minute. :funnier:

DAB 11-22-2019 11:04am

and not quite as bullet proof as they said.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/massive...sla-cybertruck

Cybercowboy 11-22-2019 11:13am

I kinda like it.

snide 11-22-2019 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1687759)
I kinda like it.

Tesla is taking $100 refundable deposits, if you want to reserve one. Allegedly, they'll start building them in 2021, which is when you'll be able to complete your configuration. Deliveries should start in 2022. :funnier::funnier::funnier:

Mike Mercury 11-22-2019 12:11pm

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...14/183/8c8.jpg

Jobaka 11-22-2019 12:25pm

That's what happens when you let your long lost brother design a car.

https://www.sidehustlenation.com/wp-...custom-car.jpg

Bill 11-22-2019 12:40pm

It's a good thing that Teslas self combust. Saves the trouble of actually doing work to burn that abomination. I thought the Pontiac Aztec, or perhaps the AMC Gremlin were the ugliest vehicles ever. It appears we have a new challenger.

Mike Mercury 11-22-2019 1:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1687765)
. I thought the Pontiac Aztec, or perhaps the AMC Gremlin were the ugliest vehicles ever.

AMC Pacer ?

Ol Timer 11-22-2019 3:23pm

Kinda looks like a prop from the set of Bladerunner.

Dan Dlabay 11-22-2019 3:47pm

Why change. The rest of his cars are ugly so may as well make the truck ugly to.:cert:

TripleBlack 11-22-2019 4:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Timer (Post 1687769)

Sort of appropriate I guess. The original Bladerunner was set in 2019.

Cybercowboy 11-22-2019 4:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1687760)
Tesla is taking $100 refundable deposits, if you want to reserve one. Allegedly, they'll start building them in 2021, which is when you'll be able to complete your configuration. Deliveries should start in 2022. :funnier::funnier::funnier:

But with my username, it would be awesome.

snide 11-22-2019 5:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1687772)
But with my username, it would be awesome.

Reserve yours now.

:cheers:

m and t's77 11-22-2019 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Timer (Post 1687769)

Blade Runner 2049.:D

87 Ragtop 11-22-2019 10:21pm

Looks like they tried to do an episode of "Nailed it" with this as the objective..... but failed :rofl:

https://d32c3oe4bky4k6.cloudfront.ne...7F723E42D352A6

boracayjohnny 11-23-2019 9:41am

To quote Kramer, "Look away, I'm hideous".

And the bullet proof glass. So, no one tested it before the unveiling. Dumbass'.

JRD77VET 11-23-2019 8:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1687829)
To quote Kramer, "Look away, I'm hideous".

And the bullet proof glass. So, no one tested it before the unveiling. Dumbass'.

I'd bet a dollar they tested it before the unveiling. :yesnod: They set up microscopic cracks from the "in house" testing and when they hit it again for the unveiling, it failed. :lol:

A local company makes some of the windows for the stealth fighters and bombers. They test X numbers of pieces out of the lot but any piece tested is NOT shipped for use and it is stressed by the impact.

boracayjohnny 11-23-2019 9:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1687843)
I'd bet a dollar they tested it before the unveiling. :yesnod: They set up microscopic cracks from the "in house" testing and when they hit it again for the unveiling, it failed. :lol:

A local company makes some of the windows for the stealth fighters and bombers. They test X numbers of pieces out of the lot but any piece tested is NOT shipped for use and it is stressed by the impact.

Exactly, any part tested shouldn't be used for another test. But that's about par for the course with a company that burns money by the billions and repairs that take glacial time.

DAB 11-23-2019 9:36pm

Where do you put all your stuffs?

boracayjohnny 11-23-2019 9:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1687845)
Where do you put all your stuffs?

In the Tron future, you don't need material things. Your body also repairs itself while you sleep each 20 minutes per 24 hours.

DAB 11-23-2019 9:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1687846)
In the Tron future, you don't need material things. Your body also repairs itself while you sleep each 20 minutes per 24 hours.

23 hours, 40 min of fapping seems like a lot.

boracayjohnny 11-24-2019 1:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1687849)

:lol:

Lakeside49 11-24-2019 10:12am

If this had happened at Ford - and, without exaggeration it never would have with a modern pickup/SUV - the 1-3 marketing managers and their chosen display show supplier would be looking for new career opportunities by Monday morning. They did not “protect” the brand or their busy senior management from themselves. Engineers and designers know very little about these sorts of presentations and shouldn’t have to be concerned - that’s Marketing’s main responsibility. In watching it, the reveal was a fail on so many levels (sound, lighting, validation of claimed technology, Musk’s extremely unprofessional profanity, scripting without flow or answering obvious questions, and the sense of school-boyish fraternal vibe that didn’t genuinely respect the Tradesmen/Tradeswomen who lead/build our economy and awesome country every day. They acted like kids. that got away with something instead of respecting the target customer (Sportsmen/Sportswomen ...who have reliable access to 220V where they hunt/fish/play - and, perhaps illegal drug runners and preppers needing bullet proof stuff); and, all without explaining or properly demonstrating exactly how their expensive new technology (and, shape that was obviously not greatly market-researched ?) can clearly benefit their customer’s lifestyle. Who the heck in our American automotive industry does that to premier such a proud brand as Tesla.
This reveal will be bottled and shown in future Marketing 101 courses (the long used Edsel fail was getting a little out of date) and extremely difficult for them to recover from, and probably spilling over a little to their remarkable cars’ image and trustworthiness.
Wall Street analysts are not the brightest bunch - they are starry-eyed about technology, chasing the latest shiny object - yet, even they’ve already written off this poorly executed experiment.

You get one chance to make a good impression. In our industry that means a LOT of up-front work. They slacked and it cost them, big. Wish it wasn’t an American fail case.

Stevedore 11-24-2019 11:17am

I'm thinking more & more that there's a Tesla in my future, but it won't be that one.

Cybercowboy 11-24-2019 10:27pm

You can put a Trump bumper sticker on that puppy with confidence!

boracayjohnny 11-24-2019 10:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1687898)
You can put a Trump bumper sticker on that puppy with confidence!

:Jeff '79:

MEANZ06 11-24-2019 10:40pm

Will it tow a 5000lb boat with gear in the bed of the truck 200 miles? :D

Will 11-25-2019 10:28am

Maybe Elon Musk is just running some kind of social experiment - see how ridiculous he can behave and still have his cultists defend him.

Rob 11-25-2019 3:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1687923)
Maybe Elon Musk is just running some kind of social experiment - see how ridiculous he can behave and still have his cultists defend him.

Or maybe he is changing the shape of things to come :island14:

Remember the old saying: "Early bird gets the worm"

DAB 11-25-2019 4:32pm

he could learn a lot from studying Steve Job's presentations and the prep that went into them.

ditch diggers cuss. CEOs are supposed to sell you the product.

and how about the unanswered questions? i can throw a can of spare gas in the back of my truck, what happens with this thing? jar of electrons?

Rob 11-25-2019 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1687942)
jar of electrons?

Quit thinking negatively.

Cybercowboy 11-25-2019 5:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1687949)
Quit thinking negatively.

Shocking he'd spin it that way. We're conducting a civil conversation, but there's a lot of resistance here. There's a potential for so much more, in the current year.

DAB 11-25-2019 6:09pm

yo Elon, suppose i buy one of these things. and next year, in spring, i want to go see my parents in Wyoming. 900 miles each way. we normally stop in Cheyenne overnight. pretty sure our hotel does not have a recharging station. there is an Exxon station about 1/2 mile away where we normally fill up. assuming i can find an outlet, does this thing work on 110V? what if someone flips the breaker or unplugs me overnight. will i have to wait another day to complete my trip?

Rob 11-25-2019 6:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1687950)
Shocking he'd spin it that way. We're conducting a civil conversation, but there's a lot of resistance here. There's a potential for so much more, in the current year.

I was making a proton electron charge jole

Datawiz 11-25-2019 7:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1687950)

Ohm my God!

Rob 11-26-2019 5:54am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1687953)
yo Elon, suppose i buy one of these things. and next year, in spring, i want to go see my parents in Wyoming. 900 miles each way. we normally stop in Cheyenne overnight. pretty sure our hotel does not have a recharging station. there is an Exxon station about 1/2 mile away where we normally fill up. assuming i can find an outlet, does this thing work on 110V? what if someone flips the breaker or unplugs me overnight. will i have to wait another day to complete my trip?

You can create routes on their website for charging stations.

mrvette 11-26-2019 8:27am

All them eletrickel jokes/replys above reed like summfin I wood say......

gewd thinkin.......

:rofl::shots:

Cybercowboy 11-26-2019 8:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1687960)
I was making a proton electron charge jole

:island14:

Lakeside49 11-30-2019 12:59am

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/27/...old-out-in-us/

mrvette 11-30-2019 8:30am

Saw a video of a tug of war between the Musk truck and a F150, so the Ford spun the back tires, but at least it had posi, trick is if it had 4wd it may have won the contest.....maybe some weight in the bed too??

:confused5:

Stevedore 11-30-2019 11:56am

Dubai is in.

SnikPlosskin 12-01-2019 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1687849)

Seems minimal to me. :island14:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1687843)

Deductive reasoning is reasonable. :hurray:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeside49 (Post 1687858)
If this had happened at Ford - and, without exaggeration it never would have with a modern pickup/SUV - the 1-3 marketing managers and their chosen display show supplier would be looking for new career opportunities by Monday morning. They did not “protect” the brand or their busy senior management from themselves. Engineers and designers know very little about these sorts of presentations and shouldn’t have to be concerned - that’s Marketing’s main responsibility. In watching it, the reveal was a fail on so many levels (sound, lighting, validation of claimed technology, Musk’s extremely unprofessional profanity, scripting without flow or answering obvious questions, and the sense of school-boyish fraternal vibe that didn’t genuinely respect the Tradesmen/Tradeswomen who lead/build our economy and awesome country every day. They acted like kids. that got away with something instead of respecting the target customer (Sportsmen/Sportswomen ...who have reliable access to 220V where they hunt/fish/play - and, perhaps illegal drug runners and preppers needing bullet proof stuff); and, all without explaining or properly demonstrating exactly how their expensive new technology (and, shape that was obviously not greatly market-researched ?) can clearly benefit their customer’s lifestyle. Who the heck in our American automotive industry does that to premier such a proud brand as Tesla.
This reveal will be bottled and shown in future Marketing 101 courses (the long used Edsel fail was getting a little out of date) and extremely difficult for them to recover from, and probably spilling over a little to their remarkable cars’ image and trustworthiness.
Wall Street analysts are not the brightest bunch - they are starry-eyed about technology, chasing the latest shiny object - yet, even they’ve already written off this poorly executed experiment.

You get one chance to make a good impression. In our industry that means a LOT of up-front work. They slacked and it cost them, big. Wish it wasn’t an American fail case.

Beat me to it. Musk was utterly unprepared, perhaps stoned, (perhaps both, likely had little to do with the actual design and build of the vehicle, zero marketing strategy other than “Holy **** that thing is weird but it has an air compressor!”

Sad. I’d drive it.

Cybercowboy 12-01-2019 12:43pm

Over the last several days I've been around about a dozen millennial/gen-z kids. The subject of Cybertruck came up and every single one of them said they thought it was awesome and wanted one.

Every one of them. Three were women.

Guess what the demographic of the Cybertruck is? It ain't y'all!

markids77 12-01-2019 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1688289)
Over the last several days I've been around about a dozen millennial/gen-z kids. The subject of Cybertruck came up and every single one of them said they thought it was awesome and wanted one.

Every one of them. Three were women.

Guess what the demographic of the Cybertruck is? It ain't y'all!

Tesla is still phukked in that instance then. They'll have a smash hit vehicle when (if??) it comes online and the target demo will be unable to afford it.

Will 12-09-2019 3:54pm

Rob 12-10-2019 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1690213)

That sold me....order placed

:iagree:

bought one for my Asian wife also :dixie: